PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Voting at Car Shows?! Smart!

raoul
09-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

turbotrip
09-08-2006, 01:25 AM
why do i get the feeling that you didnt go to a car show last weekend?

raoul
09-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Yup it was the Island Mopars Cruise In at Beaver lake park on Aug 27... so over a week ago ;)

mo_money2supe
09-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Isn't that just an excuse for them to make money off of your text messages? Creative, but somewhat of a scam too if you ask me.

raoul
09-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

mo_money2supe
09-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Okay, so I read through the site a bit more, and it looks like you guys don't have to pay a cent for sending the text unlike the Canadian Idol type voting stations. Unless of course, your service provider charges you per text sent.

Nonetheless, they now have your phone number and will likely spam you with annoying text messages in the future. Actually, the website even encourages their clients to spam their customers (you guys). And what if your service provider charges you for receiving messages (yeah, don't laugh, some do), well, you're looking at paying for something you don't even want!

raoul
09-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Yeah that's true, I didn't read that part. But I still stand by the cool factor of all this! I haven't received a text message from the car show yet!! ;) But maybe my opinion will change if I get flooded. Hopefully the carshows that run these systems maintain their dignity and respect... otherwise this would turn away business rather then be a promotional tool.

mo_money2supe
09-08-2006, 02:01 AM
I mean, don't get me wrong, it is rather ingenious and it's a great way to bring technology into a show. Not to mention the coolness factor! :thumbsup: I guess I've just been reading too much into the deterioration of human society lately that I've just become skeptical to everything new, that's all. :banghead:

raoul
09-08-2006, 02:04 AM
I'm definitely the same way! Always skeptical, and also nothing really impresses me, as I feel everything's been seen and done... but thing definitely gave me a wow factor! Hope they grow and see this in more shows...

88CRX
09-08-2006, 06:39 AM
if you want to advertise you have to pay for advertising.

dont do it again.