PDA

View Full Version : Green Tea Extract

WWJAI
09-08-2006, 12:39 PM
I was j/w which green tea extract pills you know of have worked well for you and where you possibly got it from.Price range would be helpful as well.

I just finished my bottle of NOW green tea extract which was $18 for 120 capsules for a healthstore in sunridge mall and I didn't seem to notice any difference in metabolism, etc so just want to switch to another brand of them or another effective method. Thanks.

GQBalla
09-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Just a question but what does green tea extract do? same thing as the benefits of drinking green tea?

GingeRRRBeef
09-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I might be wrong but I don't think you're gonna see a much of a difference but taking just one bottle of green tea extracts. As for metabolism, I don't think it something that you can consciously notice. I doubt you're gonna get any physical sensation that you're metabolism is faster or higher. I've been taking green tea extracts for a while now (4+ months) and without changing my work out, I seem to be a lot leaner. Although, it could just be that I've been working out longer. I get the GNC brand 90 500mg capsules @ 19.99 a bottle.

GingeRRRBeef
09-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Just a question but what does green tea extract do? same thing as the benefits of drinking green tea?

Pretty much. The active metabolism increasing ingredient in green tea is called EGCG and taking the pills is bascially taking a more concentrated dosage of EGCG than if you were to drink the green tea. Depending on the quality of the pill you're taking, taking 5 or 6 pills is like the equivalent of drinking 20+ cups of green tea a day.

WWJAI
09-08-2006, 01:41 PM
^Ok looks like a pretty good deal at GNC. I usually take anywhere from 2-3 capsules a day and only took it for a little over a month since it was my first bottle. I've been doing cardio 4-5 days a week and was hoping the green tea would help in losing fat and toning faster but just doesn't seem like it is. But i will continue using the extract pills. I've seen some weider green tea extract at shoppers drug mart and was wondering would that possibly be good?

GingeRRRBeef
09-08-2006, 01:42 PM
http://www.anyvitamins.com/green-tea-info.htm

GingeRRRBeef
09-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
^Ok looks like a pretty good deal at GNC. I usually take anywhere from 2-3 capsules a day and only took it for a little over a month since it was my first bottle. I've been doing cardio 4-5 days a week and was hoping the green tea would help in losing fat and toning faster but just doesn't seem like it is. But i will continue using the extract pills. I've seen some weider green tea extract at shoppers drug mart and was wondering would that possibly be good?

what kind of cardio are you doing? 4 - 5 times a week? How long are your sessions? How is your diet?

USED1
09-08-2006, 01:44 PM

90% of losing wait isn't what type of pills you are taking, it's what type of FOOD you are eating. Why are people always looking for that "magic pill" that will make them lose all this weight. It was food that got you fat and it's food that will help you to lose that weight. :banghead:

WWJAI
09-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

what kind of cardio are you doing? 4 - 5 times a week? How long are your sessions? How is your diet?

I usually go on the treadmill (speed walking incline), cross trainer, or elliptical and I go for about 35-45 minutes a day. I usually like to burn 450-550 calories. I don't follow a strict diet but I try to stay away from fast food and other junk. I have an occasional pop drink (once a week). One thing that definitely might be slowing me down is I don't eat 6 meals a day. Can't find the time to cram that in. Usually I take around 4 meals.

GingeRRRBeef
09-08-2006, 01:47 PM
What is your body type? height? weight?

WWJAI
09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
What is your body type? height? weight?

5.8. Average Build. Currently 157 and started off at 172. Trying to get down to 150ish. Not looking to get the extremely big look. Just a toned look. I lift weights about 2-3 times a week as well.

GingeRRRBeef
09-08-2006, 01:58 PM

5.8. Average Build. Currently 157 and started off at 172. Trying to get down to 150ish. Not looking to get the extremely big look. Just a toned look. I lift weights about 2-3 times a week as well.

For the 6 meals a days goes, you don't actually have to eat 6 meals a day. The basic idea behind the "6 meals a day" is that you're never starving. Because when you eat when you are too hungry. You tend to over eat and your body can only metabolise so much food at a time. So whatever your body cannot burn off, it's gonna store as fat.

If you started off at 172 and you're down to 152. That's a pretty good start. To get down to 150, you might just need to pick up your cardio intensity. So instead of doing a 30-45 minute aerobic workout, a light warmup and 20 minutes of full sprints with a minute or two rest. For example, warm up on the elliptical at a moderate pace for 10 minutes. After that, sprint full speed for as far and long as you can until you feel yourself slowing down. Rest until your breathing returns to normal but no longer than 2 minutes. Sprint, rest, repeat for 20 minutes. Remember to go all out during your sprints.

GingeRRRBeef
09-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Or switch up your weight training exercises. Instead of lifting weights that focuses on the popular muscles, try incorporating light weight lifts while concentrating on training your core. Try the plank, side bridge, dumbbell shoulder presses in the catcher's position, barbell curls on tip toes. Search the internet for various core exercises. They're a great full body work out and promote higher metabolism increase than most standard exercises.

Try one of my favorite (http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/92) exercises

WWJAI
09-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Or switch up your weight training exercises. Instead of lifting weights that focuses on the popular muscles, try incorporating light weight lifts while concentrating on training your core. Try the plank, side bridge, dumbbell shoulder presses in the catcher's position, barbell curls on tip toes. Search the internet for various core exercises. They're a great full body work out and promote higher metabolism increase than most standard exercises.

Try one of my favorite (http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/92) exercises

Ok thanks alot. I will try those out. I do agree I need to increase the intensity. I'm also thinking of starting running on the treadmill, just that I hate how it hurts my knees and shins.

pinoyhero
09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by USED1

90% of losing wait isn't what type of pills you are taking, it's what type of FOOD you are eating. Why are people always looking for that "magic pill" that will make them lose all this weight. It was food that got you fat and it's food that will help you to lose that weight. :banghead:

WERD, not sure why your post has been ignored to this point. I do think that supplements can help with losing weight and cutting but a simple change in diet and upping the intesity or duration of your cardio will do the same for free! I am i believer in and use rof many supps but i know full well that food and training make up 90% of my results vs. supps.