PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1993 Acura Legend Coupe LS, 6 Speed Manual...Rare **SOLD**

Mckenzie
09-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Well I have come into some cash for graduation and will be moving onto bigger and better pastures. So....my baby is up for sale. I will attempt to tell all so I dont get inquiries that waste our time.

For those of you who don't know about this car, Silverhill Acura sold five of them in 3 years ($55k new out the door). There are currently 3 of them in town and no type II coupes for sale in Canada right now. This car is extremely rare and will be a collectible car worth money one day. Out of any of the recent acura cars, this one has still retained its retail value and will continue to do so if acura keeps putting out lemons like the CL and TL.

Reviews:

http://autos.msn.com/research/userreviews/reviewlist.aspx?modelid=14

I have owned it for nearly five years and loved every second of it. This is my second legend and i bought it after seeing my dads legend brand new back in 1992....lets just say it still runs strong with 365k kms on it!

244k km on it. I have attended school for the past 4 years and as such have only put highway kilometers on it (I live in Mckenzie so I drive deerfoot, glenmore, crowchild everyday...~70km round trip). I also use it for trips to Edmonton to see my family, Red Deer for work and BC for vacation....lots of highway km. This car is an absolute dream on the highway and it is such a treat to drive (rest assured your friends will never drive it on road trips.....ever). Gas mileage is phenominal and shows you how good of shape the engine is in. I get about 500 km to a 55 liter fill, which rivals many newer cars and is superb for this car (the autos are pigs rest assured).

As far as maintenance goes, I am pretty anal and have done the following things off the top of my head...all records are kept in a huge folder:

Professional detail every spring
Mobile 1 Synthetic since new
New clutch 3 years ago
New Rad
Full timing belt, waterpump, etc. service last summer
New windsheild (this week)
Recent rad flush, transmision and dif service
CV axles
Lower ball joints
Engine Mounts
Control Arms
Brembo Slotted and Drilled rotors with pads
Lots more stuff inside the folder

As for extras, I am not a big mod guy. I just like a clean car and love nice wheels so here is a small list.

New Paint ~ 3 years ago from Andana Painting and Restoration...Looks like new (you can never grow tired of the "Is that like a 2003?...it looks new!" comments)

18" Work Termis wheels ($3k new from tunerworks 2 years ago, refinished this year) on Pirelli P7000's ($800, new this year with only 3 months of driving on them. I also have 2 spare pirellis with 1 season on them for a total of 6 pirelli tires).

I also have the stock 16" wheels on all seasons for the winter

Professionally lowered on Koni Sport Kit ($1k, bought from tunerworks and installed last year)

Compustar alarm/remote start/door/trunk ($800)

50% bronze tint (to compliment gold tones in car)

Pioneer CD player (2 years old), Alpine V12 4 channel amp, Alpine type r 6.5" components and 6x9s

Custom KMS Aluminium front strut bar

1995 bumper conversion (I will also include the original 1993 bumper)

As for condition, it is in excellent shape for its age. The interior is clean and the leather is great with only one small rip (size of a penny) on the drivers side. The rest of it has no rips or tears and is very soft...the drivers side has more wear for obvious reasons...always conditioned with Lexol leather conditioner. The new paint on the car makes it look brand new. The body is great with no rust...some rock chips on the front bumper and hood and a few nicks on the car but overall very nice. I also had the fenders professionaly coated and treated ith a rockguard substance, so that is a bonus as EVERY legend you will look at will have rust here.

The car drives amazing....simply put. If you have never driven a legend you are missing out. It is loaded with options (auto closing doors, rear windows that roll down, traction control, 230 HP out of a buttery smooth 6 speed transmission, auto climate control, power seats, heated seats, power everything) and everything works.

The engine is tight as a drum and does not leak or burn oil...will no doubt make it to 500 000 km with maintenance. The gear box is smooth as butter and I have yet to find one in any other car that comes close (the brand new RSX and G35 I drove this week had a clutch that was nowhere as nice....shifted like crunchy peanut butter).

Will be listing in the auto trader for next week. I feel the price I am asking is fair and will not entertain comments or bashes about the car or price.

Price: $10 500 obo + Wheels $2500

More pics to come! :)

Mckenzie
09-08-2006, 06:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/June232006006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/June232006003.jpg

Mckenzie
09-08-2006, 06:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/DSCN1435-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Mckenzie02/DSCN1433-1.jpg

Mckenzie
09-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by msommers
This car is seriously clean! I love it. If I could afford it, I'd take it for sure. Bump!

Thanks!

Bump :thumbsup:

Accord_tunerx
09-09-2006, 04:48 PM
part out deck, rims?

Mckenzie
09-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I have a couple interested buyers in the car as a whole but yes I will part them out. The deck I wont as it needs some tunes for drivin!

I am going to try and sell it as a whole and I think anyone who wants the car would be crazy not to take the rims too....but I will let you know.

Thanks.

Mckenzie
09-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
beautiful car.

Thanks man....bump!:thumbsup:

Mckenzie
09-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Bump for Wednesday. Buyer interested and PMs returned.

gangsta161
09-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

James
09-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Mckenzie
09-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by James
Damn, i want this so bad!...i know ive said before if you ever sold this i would buy it for sure, fawk....I'd need to sell one of my cars first though....well bump for a sick legend anyway

haha yeah I know its a tough call...but its yours if a friend does not want it...he should know by tomorrow.

Better start looking for a buyer if it falls through. ;)

PS- I'm also letting it go for cheaper than my asking price too...lets say around $13k with wheels to my buddy. :angel:

So in that case, bump for new price- $13k with wheels...pretty firm.

There are 92 autos in BC going for 11k with 30 less HP, and 2 less gears! Not to mention the new paint, suspension, wheels and impecable maintenance records....hmmm...I wonder which one I would pick if in the market for a legend.

:)

James
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
man, why did you lower the price, now i REALLY want it! lol....I would hate to ruin the paint driving this in the winter though, my other car is an MR2, so that dosnt work either. Let me know if the deal with your friend dosnt go through.

Mckenzie
09-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by James
man, why did you lower the price, now i REALLY want it! lol....I would hate to ruin the paint driving this in the winter though, my other car is an MR2, so that dosnt work either. Let me know if the deal with your friend dosnt go through.

First come first serve so come and get it! :D And I'm just being fair on the price...its probably where it would have gone anyways with some haggling.

I should know tonight or tomorrow whether or not it is gone.

-Cole

thinmyster
09-15-2006, 12:29 AM
holy hell trade me for my mr2

Mckenzie
09-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Sold pending financing.

Mckenzie
10-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Gone thanks please close.:thumbsup: