PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the SE-R

T5_X
07-16-2002, 03:09 PM
When we got the car, it still had 4 winter tires on it, but she had a couple extra summer ones. Anyway, we bought Kumho Ecsta Supras (712s i think) yesterday and got them put on the front, and got the old summer ones (goodyear something or other) put on the back and ever since, the car has been pulling sharply to the right. The Kumhos are directional and the Goodyears aren't. I didn't measure the tire pressure, but they all look even. Is this a tire problem, or are we gonna need a 4 whl alignment?

Madmax
07-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Looks like a 4 wheel alignment to me! What did you guy put on the car 195-55??? 205-50???

I do have Kumhos on mine and I haven't any issue with the alignment!

T5_X
07-16-2002, 03:49 PM
195/55/15

I just think it's something with the tires cause I didn't notice the trouble before yesterday. I thought it might be something to do with having directional in the front and not in the back? Or maybe a tire was mounted incorrectly?

Oh, I just checked the tire pressure all around and it's all equal at 35 psi (even though it should be 42-44) so I guess that's not the problem, but it would explain why gas mileage hasn't been perfect.

Madmax
07-16-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
195/55/15

I just think it's something with the tires cause I didn't notice the trouble before yesterday. I thought it might be something to do with having directional in the front and not in the back? Or maybe a tire was mounted incorrectly?

Oh, I just checked the tire pressure all around and it's all equal at 35 psi (even though it should be 42-44) so I guess that's not the problem, but it would explain why gas mileage hasn't been perfect.

(even though it should be 42-44) That's way to high, never go that high. I have mine set a 32 max! Maybe the tires that where on the car where wear out unevenly. And it might be the fact that you have directinal in the front and not in the back as well. I've never heard of a tire that was mounted incorrectly. Unless that I've been very lucky when I was working at the Nissan dealership back home!

Ta-Dah!
08-01-2002, 09:35 AM
I think its possible to mount incorrectly if the kumhos are directional.. granted you could always flip the wheel and mount it on the other side of the car but if you got 4 tires mounted the exact same way (tread direction) then your screwed!

rage2
08-01-2002, 10:25 AM
Of course check tire pressures first. Looks are deceiving.

silvia S15
08-01-2002, 11:25 PM
camber/caster, get a camber kit...get ur alignment checked

Audi Kid
08-02-2002, 06:22 PM
dude...i think you like her car more then her man! haha

T5_X
08-11-2002, 03:27 PM
update: It was a flaw in the tire. One of the steel belts was off, causing the car to pull to the right.