PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Help

MidnightDreamer
09-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey guys, I need some help diagnosing an issue I'm having with the family minivan. It's a 2000 Grand Caravan. I'm getting a slight vibration just before each shift occurs. The tranny also seems a little slow and possibly jittery, getting into D or R. The vibration is subtle and feels like you're driving over some small rocks or pebbles. Is this a problem that might be associated with bad tranny fluid? I'm going to have it checked out at National Transmission over in Crowfoot tommorow, but I'd really appreciate any info you guys could share on this before.

Speed_69
09-11-2006, 12:11 AM
that's what happened to my civic..i think your tranny is beginning to slip

MidnightDreamer
09-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Wish I could just replace the clutch and be done with it, but that's not really an option in this case. Any idea what would need to be done with an automatic transmission in this case?

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Might have to get it rebuilt... hopefully it's not that bad...

Azn_chibi77
09-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Bro's account:

They said they'd have to pull it and chances are I'll be paying $2500 to have this repaired. You guys think this sounds reasonable?

Other symptoms are:

Tranny 1-2-3 are relatively smooth.

3-4 the tranny seems to dissengage and cluck into 4th. From 4, coming to a stop there's another clunk.

I just don't know too much about transmissions. Does this seem plausible that they need to remove the entire tranny and repair it with costs around 2500? I just don't want to be ripped off.