PDA

View Full Version : SoundsAround sale 2006 poll

SubyNinja
09-11-2006, 10:57 AM
For those who went to the SoundsAround sale this year, how did you find thier set up compared to having it at the Big4?

Big4 or in store better?

sputnik
09-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Both sales are lame. Its just the same crap every year, discontinued or refurbished electronics, low stock lost leaders, misleading MSRP discounts and sleazy ignorant pricks for sales people.

Put the pigs in a different barn and it still stinks.

mekeni
09-11-2006, 11:18 AM
better deal than the other electronics giant !!
since its not concentrated on one location (big 4), the lineup is not that big, you can actually get in, in 5 - 10 mins.
good deal imo, if you find what you are looking for...

:thumbsup:

SubyNinja
09-11-2006, 11:25 AM
But I found that although the line up was about 1/3 as short, they were working with 1/10 the space the Big4 has... So essentially, they weren't able to fit as many people in the sale at a given time.

bigboom
09-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Both sales are lame. Its just the same crap every year, discontinued or refurbished electronics, low stock lost leaders, misleading MSRP discounts and sleazy ignorant pricks for sales people.

Put the pigs in a different barn and it still stinks.

agreed...i dont even bother going to this thing anymore.

FivE.SeveN
09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Everyone who went to soundsaround missed out on equally good deals @ Future Shop, Visions, etc. I got MB Quart component speakers (400) for 179.

Screw standing in line!

dj_rice
09-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
Everyone who went to soundsaround missed out on equally good deals @ Future Shop, Visions, etc. I got MB Quart component speakers (400) for 179.

Screw standing in line!

Yeah I find when Soundsaround has their sale, Visions has better deals on quality stuff..

BlkMaxima
09-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Yeah I find when Soundsaround has their sale, Visions has better deals on quality stuff..

:werd:

03ozwhip
09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN

Screw standing in line!

sorry to break it to ya...

http://www.mbquart.com/en/produkte/car/discus/produkt.php?nr=dsf_216

i got these for $88(reg 379 cdn) at the soundsaround sale. right now theyre on sale in the states for 155 plus shipping US...good deal? i think so...

djayz
09-11-2006, 03:00 PM
it was actually a pretty good sale
i would rather they have it in stores because they actually had stuff left!
everytime its in the big four you go to buy something the day after VIP day and there is all but shit left.

i picked up some stuff and i know for a fact that i wouldnt have been able to get them cheaper anywhere else unless i got it price matched of course.

Smokem
09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
funny, but i caught a radio ad that had laptop depot (?) or some other computer retailer taking up the big 4 space... looks like they might be piggybacking on the timing/reputation of soundsaround's sale as undoubtedly a ton of people probably came down to the stampede, paid $10 to park, then realized it was not sounds that had the sale

QuasarCav
09-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Smokem
funny, but i caught a radio ad that had laptop depot (?) or some other computer retailer taking up the big 4 space... looks like they might be piggybacking on the timing/reputation of soundsaround's sale as undoubtedly a ton of people probably came down to the stampede, paid $10 to park, then realized it was not sounds that had the sale

Awful sale.

msommers
09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

True but they don't sell Eclipse decks:D

Supa Dexta
09-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Yean I drove by soundsaround on 32nd, seen the line up around the building and said fuck it.. went to visions instead, not that I was looking for anything really, but I never end up walking out without something new.. ha

SubyNinja
09-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't go to those sales anymore either... The kick ass deals are usually gone by the time I get there anyway. And besides, I don't "need" to buy anything... just a lot of wants. Perhaps it's better that I not go. Regardless, I find Visions has better deals and service than SoundsAround throughout the year. I'd rather deal with them!

scat19
09-11-2006, 09:48 PM
ebay folks lol

WWJAI
09-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

sorry to break it to ya...

http://www.mbquart.com/en/produkte/car/discus/produkt.php?nr=dsf_216

i got these for $88(reg 379 cdn) at the soundsaround sale. right now theyre on sale in the states for 155 plus shipping US...good deal? i think so...

dang ..now i wish i went, thats a killer deal and i was wanting new speakers. :(

FivE.SeveN
09-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Mine are the Reference series, those are Discuss series. :thumbsup:

SubyNinja
09-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by scat19
ebay folks lol :werd: