PDA

View Full Version : External Digital Viewfinder for DSLRs

Xaroxantu Zero
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
http://www.photographyblog.com/images/products/zigview_s2_1.jpg

This image pretty says it all, but what it doesn't say is that you could attach cables extensions that lets you take shots up to 30 feet away (great for nature shots, I suppose) and this little baby will set you back around £249.99.

Source: PhotographyBlog (http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/weblog/comments/zigview_s2_digital_angle_finder/)

BerserkerCatSplat
09-11-2006, 06:07 PM
I'd like to see the image quality in person. That picture cannot be real, since the display shows none of the AF brackets.

And $500 is bloody expensive.

seer_claw
09-11-2006, 06:09 PM
How are you supposed to focus? If your 30 ft away it not exactly easy to use the lens to focus, especially on a dslr. I'd be interested to see the picture quality before buying such an expensive piece of equipment.

Xaroxantu Zero
09-11-2006, 06:13 PM
According to them there's supposed to be controls on the remote device for you to do your basic shooting and focusing. Dunno if it's any good, so we'll just let reviewers do the judging for us.

As expensive as this might be, I find it to be quite useful when you're doing extremely high or low angle shots, where you can't possibly look through the optical viewfinder.

turboMiata
09-19-2006, 06:33 PM
looks like a pretty interesting product. i think this combined with shooting tethered is the way to go. $500 might seem like alot to some people but if you are a professional and are paid to "get the shot", this is a worthwhile expense.

seer_claw, as far as focussing, shooting tethered using something like DSLRPro is pretty straightforward because you can select AF points right off your laptop. I showed this to a bunch of people at the last photographer's meetup at Ekliptix's house.

seer_claw
09-19-2006, 07:41 PM
^^ Interesting, I'd like to see that sometime.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah, shooting tethered can be pretty handy, especially when doing studio work. I use Nikon Camera Control, it's pretty basic but gives you access to all you camera's setting right from your comp.