PDA

View Full Version : New Subaru Impreza's

eur0
09-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Was just browsing the Subaru site and noticed they just posted their 2007 models. Glad to see you dont have to spend 30k+ to get a sunroof on an Impreza anymore.

http://subaru.ca

Aleks
09-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Wonder why they derated the WRX in hp from 230 to 224? That's less than the previous generation even tho this gen makes 30whp more than the old one. Strange.

Originally posted by eur0
Was just browsing the Subaru site and noticed they just posted their 2007 models. Glad to see you dont have to spend 30k+ to get a sunroof on an Impreza anymore.

jjjheimer
09-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Nothing changed on the engine - SAE method for rating HP/TQ changed. The 2007 STI is now rated at 293hp/290tq.

xrayvsn
09-11-2006, 11:46 PM
What people really need to do is look at the Subaru of America website and start doing a little bit of math with the exchange rate. then decide if that posted MSRP on the Canadian site is really that good...

www.subaru.com

That.Guy.S30
09-12-2006, 12:17 AM
what pisses me off is that i bought a 06 instead of an 07. lol

500 bucks couldve got me a whole wackload of options. stupid subaru of canada.

Shoebox//Racer
09-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by eur0

why are you on the subaru site anyways? :D :rofl:

Aleks
09-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by jjjheimer
Nothing changed on the engine - SAE method for rating HP/TQ changed. The 2007 STI is now rated at 293hp/290tq.

Still doesn't add up. It is fairly accepted that the WRX is underrated compared to LGT, (same rating).

xrayvsn
09-12-2006, 08:06 AM
They want to make sure that there is a perceived gap in performance between the WRX and the STi. If the general public knew they could get a 245hp WRX or a 293hp STi for nearly $10,000 more, most people would get the WRX.

When the same people learn that Stage 2 is just as fast as an STi, then Subaru can't justify the price of an STi. ;)

Pee_Sack
09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Stage 2 is just as fast...yes but its not just speed that makes an STi superior over the WRX. As I am sure you know xrayvsn, since you have one.

Aleks
09-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
Stage 2 is just as fast...yes but its not just speed that makes an STi superior over the WRX. As I am sure you know xrayvsn, since you have one.

I agree. I'd take a stock STi any day over a stage 2 WRX.

I was hoping that the new SAE standards would make it easy to compare HP between cars. This obviously isn't the case.

403Gemini
09-12-2006, 09:02 AM
i really like wrx's. me thinks its my next car after the balt

Fuji
09-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by xrayvsn
They want to make sure that there is a perceived gap in performance between the WRX and the STi. If the general public knew they could get a 245hp WRX or a 293hp STi for nearly $10,000 more, most people would get the WRX.

When the same people learn that Stage 2 is just as fast as an STi, then Subaru can't justify the price of an STi. ;)

The Sti has a way better transmission diff etc. You can't compare it. It's like saying MY GC8 is better than an STi. (While I think it is, its probably not lol)

max_boost
09-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

I agree. I'd take a stock STi any day over a stage 2 WRX.

I was hoping that the new SAE standards would make it easy to compare HP between cars. This obviously isn't the case. Too lazy to research so what does stage2 consist of? I'm curious now. haha

Originally posted by 403Gemini
i really like wrx's. me thinks its my next car after the balt Oh yah. :werd: Test Drive seals the deal :D

xrayvsn
09-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Too lazy to research so what does stage2 consist of? I'm curious now. haha

Oh yah. :werd: Test Drive seals the deal :D

Stage 2 is at minimum an aftermarket downpipe and engine management to take advantage of it. Most people also get a cat back exhaust as well.

I realize there are distinct and impportant differences between the WRX and the STi, but not everyone looks any farther than the published hp when they are looking to buy a car. Then again, these same people are unlikely to go out and buy a turbo back and engine management either.

I just find it interesting how with the SAE ratings, the STi drops its published hp to 293, and just like magic, the already underrated WRX drops a similar 6 hp. Very fishy, and sounds like marketing BS to me rather than a true representation of what the WRXs really put out.

Aleks
09-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Too lazy to research so what does stage2 consist of? I'm curious now. haha

Oh yah. :werd: Test Drive seals the deal :D

I am stage 2 now :)

Cobb TBE, and accessport. I logged the car before and after.
went from 11 to 14psi. Full boost at 2500-3000rpm. It takes off like crazy now. Top end is better too.

I'll take you for a ride to show you the difference if you want. It sounds badass too. I was able to put everything in on the weekend, cobb fit and finish is superb.

xrayvsn
09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
I want to hear it and go for a ride too:thumbsup:

Aleks
09-12-2006, 10:00 AM
I want to hear it and go for a ride too:thumbsup:

Sounds good. Maybe we can compare to see how close the cars are now ;)

bigboom
09-12-2006, 10:06 AM

Stage 2 is at minimum an aftermarket downpipe and engine management to take advantage of it. Most people also get a cat back exhaust as well.

I realize there are distinct and impportant differences between the WRX and the STi, but not everyone looks any farther than the published hp when they are looking to buy a car. Then again, these same people are unlikely to go out and buy a turbo back and engine management either.

I just find it interesting how with the SAE ratings, the STi drops its published hp to 293, and just like magic, the already underrated WRX drops a similar 6 hp. Very fishy, and sounds like marketing BS to me rather than a true representation of what the WRXs really put out.

agreed...its funny how most people are saying the wrx is underrated and is more similar power wise to the legacy. but then again there is never a penalty for underating...you only get in trouble like mazda when you overrate the power. and if the under rating helps you sell more of your "flagship car" i can definetly see FHI's logic.

Fuji
09-12-2006, 10:09 AM

Sounds good. Maybe we can compare to see how close the cars are now ;)

Can my old skool imprezer come too? lol

bigboom
09-12-2006, 10:13 AM

I am stage 2 now :)

Cobb TBE, and accessport. I logged the car before and after.
went from 11 to 14psi. Full boost at 2500-3000rpm. It takes off like crazy now. Top end is better too.

I'll take you for a ride to show you the difference if you want. It sounds badass too. I was able to put everything in on the weekend, cobb fit and finish is superb.

i pick up my '07 tommorow and im definetly curious to see how the increase mind if i check out your car? :)

how loud does the TBE get?

Aleks
09-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Definatelly. Lets all meet up one evening and we'll go for a ride. The Catback was pretty quiet. When I added a Downpipe (catted) it got a bit louder but still it's pretty tame.

I really like the sound.

What all is different for the 07s?

PS i think bobby owes me 100 bux now

:poosie:

max_boost
09-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Aleks, did you get an air intake too? Sounds hot man. I want to check it out for sures.

Aleks
09-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Aleks, did you get an air intake too? Sounds hot man. I want to check it out for sures.

No just TBE. Stock intake is suppose to be good at this level of mods.

bigboom
09-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Definatelly. Lets all meet up one evening and we'll go for a ride. The Catback was pretty quiet. When I added a Downpipe (catted) it got a bit louder but still it's pretty tame.

I really like the sound.

haha why does bobby owe you $100?

the only differences is it comes with sunroof standard now and it comes prewired for sirius and has an aux in. but i heard instead of having aluminum suspension in the front its now back to steel :thumbsdow

Eride
09-12-2006, 11:01 AM

I really like the sound.

I'm picking up my 04 sti this week, i'd be down too!
Subaru cruise anyone???

benyl
09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Fuji

Can my old skool imprezer come too? lol

No. We don't need to pick up transmission parts along the way.

(haha, this coming from the guy who's car has run in 3 months! hahha)

Aleks
09-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by bigboom

haha why does bobby owe you $100?

the only differences is it comes with is sunroof is standard now and it comes prewired for sirius and has an aux in. but i heard instead of having aluminum suspension in the front its now back to steel :thumbsdow

I reffered you and max_boost and you guys both bought from him I guess :dunno:

xrayvsn
09-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I vote to wait until benyl's car is roadworthy again. Yes, I'm being selfish because I want to hear his exhaust as well.

This way eride can get his car completely imported, and Aleks can let his ecu learn the new mods. Then bigboom will also get a chance to fully break in his car so he can keep up ;)

Pee_Sack
09-12-2006, 12:13 PM
damn all you Calgary guys

2 ish months ago I went to stage 2, with only uppipe and downpipe both perrin, and I love it.

Recently I picked up STi injectors and a vf34 turbo(soon to be sent away to deadbolt for P&P) :D:D:D. Next spring I wanna see all you stage 2 and stock STi boys keep up :D

Shoebox//Racer
09-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Aleks did you get that heat shield back on yet? nothing like sucking hot air back in haha.

Aleks
09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer
Aleks did you get that heat shield back on yet? nothing like sucking hot air back in haha.

yes i did that last night.

Fuji
09-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by benyl

No. We don't need to pick up transmission parts along the way.

(haha, this coming from the guy who's car has run in 3 months! hahha)

Well even though my tranny might eat shiet, the good thing is I know that I can shift properly from 4th to 5th without breaking things. Mine might be mechanical failure, but not user failure lol.. j/j ;)

rip
09-12-2006, 01:12 PM
I went to stage II about a month ago too in my STi. It is a night and day difference between the two.

It pulls alot harder, and is waaaaayy smoother. (COBB Catless TBE)

I would highly reccommend it to anyone.

max_boost
09-12-2006, 01:56 PM
DAM IT.

My WRX is supposed to stay STOCK as a daily driver. If I start to mod and it's not good enough, I'm going to WISH I picked up an STi for $5k more! :nut:

Pee_Sack
09-12-2006, 01:58 PM
you cannot defeat the mod bug, it can only defeat you and your bank account.

bigboom
09-12-2006, 02:18 PM
DAM IT.

My WRX is supposed to stay STOCK as a daily driver. If I start to mod and it's not good enough, I'm going to WISH I picked up an STi for $5k more! :nut:

im feeling the exact same as you right now...i bought this to leave alone and just drive for a couple years. looks like the mods will come quicker than anticipated :)

Fuji
09-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I vote to wait until benyl's car is roadworthy again. Yes, I'm being selfish because I want to hear his exhaust as well.

This way eride can get his car completely imported, and Aleks can let his ecu learn the new mods. Then bigboom will also get a chance to fully break in his car so he can keep up ;)

It will be on the road by next week :P i doubt it will be tuned until after the track day though, so an October cruise lol

Fuji
09-12-2006, 02:57 PM
It's weird you guys have to let your ECU "learn" your mods...

The most mine learns is I turn on long term trim and it learns for that drive only... it's more relevant to learning/fixing based ont climate and load points i drive at until I turn off the switch.

Hard Break-in FTW. screw the break in.

max_boost
09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Funny how a thread about the SE Impreza turns into a modding thread hehe

Aleks went with the Cobb turbo back. Any of you considering the APS turbo back instead?

eur0
09-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Well it's nice to see that they offer a more options than the 06 impreza. I was just looking at the specs of a 2.5i in comparision to a new civic and some other cars.

jtsimaras
11-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Just picked up a 2006 White wagon Wrx. Came with a sunroof and I got it for 1000 less than an 07. To be honest I really like the aspen white compared to the new 2007 Acura/honda Pearly Girly White.

The 2007 sedan has all steel suspension parts where as the 2006 has a tonne of aluminum suspension parts----which is better for dampering response. In addition they left the rear tails chrome on the 2007 whereas the 2006 are painted metallic grey.