PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the ticket.

James
04-24-2003, 03:11 AM
So I got 2 tickets tonight....a cop finally decided that my Exhaust was too Loud and pulled me over, who knew :rolleyes:..... and Once i got pulled over i realized my Insurance Card expired 5 days ago :banghead:....My new one which came in the mail well over a month ago, wasnt effective till last week so i didnt bother switching them ,then i totally forgot....fuck.....Anyone know if either of these 2 tickets carry any Demerits? Even if they dont, Im still gonna fight them.

Im just not getting ANY Good luck recently. A Whole Load of BS. .....just a litte pissed off at everything right now.:banghead:

max_boost
04-24-2003, 03:13 AM
Sorry to hear bro!!!
Blame it on Gavin!!!

RC-Cola
04-24-2003, 10:58 AM
I don't know about the exhust ticket... But the no insurrance ticket is a big one, like $1500 and an automatic appearance in court. However, if you have legitimate insurrance then you can get a letter from your insurrance company stating that you had insurrance from whatever your start date to the present. Take that letter into court and it will get kicked.

Hollywood
04-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
I don't know about the exhust ticket... But the no insurrance ticket is a big one, like $1500 and an automatic appearance in court. However, if you have legitimate insurrance then you can get a letter from your insurrance company stating that you had insurrance from whatever your start date to the present. Take that letter into court and it will get kicked.

Neither have demarits. RC, the ticket he probly got was failure to produce proof of insurance at that time, which is around 70 dollar ticket, again no demarits. Demarits are assosiated with moving violations, ie running a red, speeding, not stopping at a stop sign...etc.

legendboy
04-24-2003, 11:37 AM
Hey, how much was the exhaust ticket? I have a full 3" straight thru S.S. Thermal going on my car and I expect to get pulled over for sure...

Ben
04-24-2003, 11:41 AM
list exactly what your "insurance Ticket" says right on the offence line.

your exhaust is no points.

CRX crazy
04-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Hey, how much was the exhaust ticket? I have a full 3" straight thru S.S. Thermal going on my car and I expect to get pulled over for sure...

there 68 bucks i got pulled over last month for mine, but i'm a girl and i can takl my way out of almost anything :D

Weapon_R
04-24-2003, 11:51 AM
No insurance slip is 57.00 without demerits.

Exhaust carries no demerits, never got one so i'm not sure how much it is.

VWhooligan
04-24-2003, 12:19 PM
yah i got 2 tickets last night too :(

my taillights aren't reflective from the side and my bumper markers are blacked out. oh well., such is life driving a modified car.

Seanith
04-24-2003, 12:22 PM
sounds like the cops are really crackin' down....i'll flip if i get a ticket for my exhaust. its big, but its not loud at all..

James
04-25-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood

Neither have demarits. RC, the ticket he probly got was failure to produce proof of insurance at that time, which is around 70 dollar ticket, again no demarits. Demarits are assosiated with moving violations, ie running a red, speeding, not stopping at a stop sign...etc.

well atleast there arnt any demerits. that what the ticket was called "failure to provide proof of insurance"...$57....and the Exhaust one was $69...and the cop literally took 15-20 minutes to write up the tickets, fawkin retarded.

Ben
04-25-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by James

well atleast there arnt any demerits. that what the ticket was called "failure to provide proof of insurance"...$57....and the Exhaust one was $69...and the cop literally took 15-20 minutes to write up the tickets, fawkin retarded.

take them with a grain of salt man. dont bother fighting them, what are they going to be reduced to, those are the most reduced you can get.

and your damn lucky on that insurance one.

James
04-25-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Ben

take them with a grain of salt man. dont bother fighting them, what are they going to be reduced to, those are the most reduced you can get.

and your damn lucky on that insurance one.

ya, we'll see, i have to go down there next week with a friend who is fighting a ticket( has no clue what to do)....so i might change my mind and just pay them......and its not like i dont have insurance, the card just expired 5 days ago... if the Ticket was anything more, i would have had no problem getting it thrown out.

redline_13000
04-25-2003, 02:03 AM
i got my obscure license plate one reduced from 57 bux to 20 bux, better than nothing:D

sexualbanana
04-25-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Sorry to hear bro!!!
Blame it on Gavin!!!

what!?!?!?

three.eighteen.
04-25-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by CRX crazy

there 68 bucks i got pulled over last month for mine, but i'm a girl and i can takl my way out of almost anything :D

*cough* boobs :confused:

Melinda
04-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

*cough* boobs :confused:
So true, I've talked my way out of the only time I was ever pulled over as well :D Gotta love being a girl sometimes ;)

Mel

James
04-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

So true, I've talked my way out of the only time I was ever pulled over as well :D Gotta love being a girl sometimes ;)

Mel

geez, i wish i had boobs for situations like that!...oh wait i kinda do!:rofl:, dosnt work though.....if i didnt say it, gavin would have!

darknight
04-25-2003, 01:07 PM
I don't think cops are cracking down all that much, maybe I'm just a good looking guy and they don't wanna mess with me:D No but seriously. I was driving my bros 240 on deerfoot the other day and it had no exhaust on, running right off the manifold and we all know how loud that is, well I got pulled over for speeding and I didn't get one single ticket. BTY he has a Bee R exhuast with a 115mm tip which was on the car just not test pipe welded on. Cop didn't say a thing about the exhaust. Then just the other day I was speeding again and got pulled over in my ae86 which just got painted my ME, and so it had no front, rear bumpers, and no front turn signals, all the cop said was just try and get that stuff on soon. HAHA :poosie:

Orrin

Integra Type R
04-25-2003, 01:35 PM
I was pulled over almost 3 times a month in my teg, now I have the same kinda shit done to my Saturn and cops don't even look at me. Oh well. All I recommend is that you talk to Points, they have that free consultation, then decinde what you want to do after that. I had 2 tickets when I had my accident, Racing and driving with undo car and attention and they dude got them both erased totally. So just check it out. Oh, another thing, my buddy was driving with a suspended licence, he went to points and the dude had the same thing done, everything totally cleared and my buddy was off with a $500 set back and no charges. What is the worst that can happen, you lose 5 bucks for parking.

w3apon
04-25-2003, 02:07 PM
Your exhaust has to be seriously loud in order to recieve a ticket for it. There is a certain decible range that it would have to exceed, I forget the exact number but I know that it is very, very loud.

James
04-25-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by w3apon
Your exhaust has to be seriously loud in order to recieve a ticket for it. There is a certain decible range that it would have to exceed, I forget the exact number but I know that it is very, very loud.

Oh, trust me, its too Loud, alot of people can vouch for that. With the engine in the Back it didnt leave a whole lotta room when i did the Exhaust, there is *maybe* 2 feet of pipe between the Header and the 5Zigen Cannon, no Cat, no resonator. kinda stupid, but it sounds good, i think so anyway.
:dunno:

theken
04-25-2003, 02:23 PM

geez, i wish i had boobs for situations like that!...oh wait i kinda do!:rofl:,
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ha hahaha your man breasts didn't get you out of your exhaust ticket, well, neither did mine.

James
04-25-2003, 02:28 PM
j
Originally posted by theken

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ha hahaha your man breasts didn't get you out of your exhaust ticket, well, neither did mine.

Thats why you should have had the Gf in the Car, get her to wear that shirt she was the other night!
:hitit: :rofl: j/k:D

w3apon
04-25-2003, 02:30 PM

Oh, trust me, its too Loud, alot of people can vouch for that. With the engine in the Back it didnt leave a whole lotta room when i did the Exhaust, there is *maybe* 2 feet of pipe between the Header and the 5Zigen Cannon, no Cat, no resonator. kinda stupid, but it sounds good, i think so anyway.
:dunno:

Still, if they insist on the ticket, find out what the legal decible limit is and have your car tested.

jdmakkord
04-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by w3apon

Still, if they insist on the ticket, find out what the legal decible limit is and have your car tested.

If he says his car is too loud...believe him. Its definately not quiet by any means.