PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Tire Problem. Help!!

irs
09-12-2006, 02:58 PM
What I am looking for is a Bridgestone tire ware replacement chart for Road hazard warrenty tires.

Also any information out there about Toyota with tire problems.

I purchased my 2005 Toyota Matrix XRS from Heinger Toyota dealership. In the summer I run other rims and tires. In the winter I use stock tires and rims. I store the tires correctly in the basement, with tire bags and stacked.

This summer I had to switch over to my stock tires and rims for an emergency my wife and I had. When I switched them over one was cracked and flat. So I went and purchased one. Later that day I was at Costco and I had another flat. They took it into the shop and looked at my tires 2 other tires were cracked. They were cracked on the inside of the tire. So no Armoral was ever used on them.

They were kind enough to let me drive the car away without it having to be towed. I then took it to Toyota the next day. They told me that there is no such thing as a tire road hazard warrenty. Which I new that there was. They then sent me to Kal tire. Where I got excellent service there and they pulled out the warrenty on the tires, copied and highlighted the information. I then took it back to Toyota and they still said that they do not cover any road hazard warrenty for the tires. Even thought I had this new information.

They tire depth my tires and the new tire was 10 32nd’s the cracked tire was 9 32nd’s. So I said I should maybe pay 10 to 15 percent of the tire cost. They want me to pay 50 percent, if not the whole price.

When I use to work in a tire shop we used to have to do tire ware warrenty’s on tires. We had chart with this information and how much a customer has to pay and how much the manufacture was going to eat. Does any one know where I can get this chart from?

I need a Bridgestone one for potenza’s r17’s, H rating.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Iqoair
09-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Call bridgestone? Any bridgestone dealer should be able to help you with this though.

Alot of the new cars do come with a road hazard warranty. I know Honda does, although it may be something that is purchased seperatly at time of purchase of the car.

Good luck!

01RedDX
09-12-2006, 06:06 PM

S4maniac
09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Ahh ... another "Blow-tenza" victim. Any Bridgestone dealer should be able to help you

SubyNinja
09-13-2006, 12:44 AM
Costco is a Bridgestone dealer... funny they didn't help you the first time. But like our fellow members suggested, go right to the source - call Bridgestone and tell them your story. They have a reputation to "maintain"; they should make things right. This (http://www.bridgestone-firestone.ca/eng/hr/default.asp) should get you started.

quiksilver
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Costco is not a Bridgestone dealer anymore.

And most tire manufacturers no longer have road hazard warranties

tabouli
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
This is a really subjective problem, which is why most tire manufacturers avoid road hazard warranty (like quiksilver said). At CMS, and most other shops, we would only warranty specific damage.

Something like tire separation from standard use would call for an immediate warranty on most brands. But the "cracking" in the tire was almost never warrantied by us. That can be caused by alot of things (psi too high, for one), so it's very hard to prove that the tire was defective.

I recall once we had a hottie come in with a Lancer though. I just put the rims on her car, and she blew a tire. Well she did her research, and found out that the specific damage was caused by a mounting error (I fucked up). She brought in a document printed off the internet about her situation. Sure enough, the damage was exactly as found once I took apart the rim, so we gave her a new tire for free. She did her work and proved it wasn't her error.... If she didn't do her research, we never would have found out it was my error, and she wouldn't have a gotten a free replacement.

What I'm getting at, is if you can prove to the garage that the mistake was not on your end, they should make it better. If not, then..... they're assholes :D

irs
09-13-2006, 03:29 PM
The thing is that the tires came with the car (oem). Straight from the Toyota dealership on the car.

When i took the tires to a Bridgestone Dealer they need reciepts and information on where i purchased the tires. But I told them they came with the car from the Toyota Dealership. They then looked up the warrenty on the tires in the back of the tire book and it stated that if they are from the dealership, the dealership are the ones to take care of the road hazzard warrenty.

When i took this photocopied information into Toyota they simply stated that they do not warrenty tires. Even when I have photocopied documents stating they are the ones to look after any warrenty work on these tires.

Do you know where i can get information on a prorated tire ware chart?

So when i go see Toyota with the tires I can see what i need to pay compared to the 50% that they want me to pay.

I have not used 50% of the tire, before these tires have failed. I should pay for what I have used. Just like what the warrenty states.

tabouli
09-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by irs
Do you know where i can get information on a prorated tire ware chart?

Have you tried contacting Bridgestone?

I had access to a couple of these charts when I worked at CMS, but they are brand and model specific. We didn't handle hardly any Bridgestone tires at Contemporary.
To pay the 50% doesn't seem like such a bad offer, but you have a point regarding the wear. I would try to prove your point in this case and see where the dust settles.

Unfortunately, not all garages are fair. At the end of the day, they either decide to help you or not. CMS is way more willing to help the customer than any other shop I've seen. When other shops told people to fuck off, we would help them even if it wasn't our product.

For Toyota to say "we don't warranty tires" seems like :bullshit:
CMS and T&T Honda are both authorized dealers that sell brand new cars. They warranty tires whenever they need to :dunno:

irs
09-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Actually i haven't tried to talk to Bridgestone themselves, but that sounds like a very good idea. I will have to give it a try in the next day or 2. I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help!

tylere
10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Most of the time OEM tires do not carry any type of road hazard warranty. You should have a booklet from Bridgestone/firestone with your car in the owners manual that states this, the only warranty is if the tire is defective (good luck proving that). As well most OEM tires are NOT the same as the ones you buy in the store, even if they are the same model and everything. If you look at the bridgestone site under tire warranty you will notice:

Conditions and Exclusions
This warranty protection does not cover the following:
Original Equipment tires.

I ran into a similar situation with a new Honda Pilot with 8000Km's, tread seperated on the highway and they did not want anything to do with it.