PDA

View Full Version : One more issue with my new car

2002civic
09-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Over the past week now the car experiences some sort of power or electrical failure where the engine shuts down as if i stalled and this yellow light on the bottom leftt appears, its a squiggly sortve box and it has two T shapes coming out of the left top and left side, i cant find it in the owners manual and will try and search onliune but if anyone knows what this means, maybe a battery connection or electrical system failure?

2002civic
09-12-2006, 04:57 PM
K i just found out its the engine management warning lamp, what does this mean? Im down in lethbridge and the nearest bmw dealership is in calgary.

2002civic
09-13-2006, 09:52 AM
problem solved:)

interlude
09-13-2006, 01:24 PM
what was wrong with it?

Milk2%
09-13-2006, 01:37 PM
i've seen something like this, driving down crowchild and all of a sudden its like a rave...disco the hids were going nuts in flashing etc...everything was flashing indash lights etc....i do believe his bmw is being checked as we speak.

MrX
09-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Many of our electrical problems originate from the wiring harness thats in the back of our car. Apparently over the years from opening and closing the trunk, the wires inside the harness rubs up against each other and wears out the electical insulation. This causes shorts, and thus many electrical issues. Read up on it on Bimmerforums.

Take a peek at the harness and the wires just for your peace of mind.

cmodem
09-20-2006, 03:26 PM
what was the problem? I love it ppl who actively seek out help but keep solutions to themselves. Instead they tell us it's fixed... and never reply.

Edit** way to try and leech on the knowledge base and do nothing to add to it.

2m0a0x2
09-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by cmodem
what was the problem? I love it ppl who actively seek out help but keep solutions to themselves. Instead they tell us it's fixed... and never reply.

Edit** way to try and leech on the knowledge base and do nothing to add to it.

SO very true.

2002civic
09-20-2006, 09:11 PM
wow chill out im sorry i didnt check back on an old thread:rolleyes: m it was a cluth sensor that needed to be changed, forgot the exact name of it off hand