PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions of National Transmission in Crowfoot?

HK2NR
09-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has any experience with National transmission in Crowfoot?

Just thinking it's time to get my tranny worked on.

Thanks

AllGoNoShow
09-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Great! Nick is a great guy, offers free inspections to tell you what the problem is and how to go about fixing it.

Few people on here I know have used them including a good bud of mine and has had trannys in alll his vehicles done throgh Nick.

If he did ZF's he would be doing mine right now )

Mitsu3000gt
09-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Do they know Japanese cars? I've drive by the National transmisson and Mister transmission on McLeod Trail every single day since may, and out of the 10-20 cars they always have there I've only ever seen American cars. Are they still a good place to go to or is there a better place to go?

rage2
09-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR
Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has any experience with National transmission in Crowfoot?

Just thinking it's time to get my tranny worked on.

Thanks
If you have an Integra, why don't you just buy a used tranny? It's usually cheaper to buy a used tranny than their cost to just open up your existing one.

HK2NR
09-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by rage2

If you have an Integra, why don't you just buy a used tranny? It's usually cheaper to buy a used tranny than their cost to just open up your existing one.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing that instead. National's supposed "Free Estimate" already cost me $120 ... not cool... Won't be stepping near that place again.

They get a :thumbsdow from me.

ecstasy_civic
09-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Great! Nick is a great guy, offers free inspections to tell you what the problem is and how to go about fixing it.

Few people on here I know have used them including a good bud of mine and has had trannys in alll his vehicles done throgh Nick.

If he did ZF's he would be doing mine right now )

Nick thrashed my tranny in my civic a couple years ago, it was just fine, the pedal was SUPER light when it went in, after his "test drive" the car wouldnt barely start nor would it go into gear!:devil: :guns: :guns: Then has the nerve to quote me $750 for a new clutch:whipped:

Speedtech ended up fixing everything for me with no hassles.

National can lick my balls.

HK2NR
09-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

Nick thrashed my tranny in my civic a couple years ago, it was just fine, the pedal was SUPER light when it went in, after his "test drive" the car wouldnt barely start nor would it go into gear!:devil: :guns: :guns: Then has the nerve to quote me $750 for a new clutch:whipped:

Speedtech ended up fixing everything for me with no hassles.

National can lick my balls.

I sure hope mine isnt messed up now after they had to `put it back together`... shit i`m scared now. I wish the weekend came quicker so I can put it back on and try it out... :cry:

avow
09-18-2007, 07:10 PM
i just wanted to bump this thread. I went over there today and ran into nick. he was the biggest asshole i have ever met in my life. was rude, and snappy and cocky. I wouldnt leave my car with him if it was the last place on earth.

Isaiah
09-18-2007, 07:20 PM
I had a short throw shifter installed there and there was an awkward sound "tinny" sounding from the gear shift afterwards. When I went back and asked them about it, they said that the the inside rubber seal that normally muffles the sound broke tore when they tried to remove it and they threw it out. When I asked if they could replace it they said no and sent me on my way.

I would not go back.

Oh, and BTW, their $100 estimate turned into $325 when the job was done.

avow
09-18-2007, 07:44 PM
he said he wouldnt even look at it for less then $500. what a total jerk.

HK2NR
09-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh man can't believe these guys are still around causing more trouble for people.

avow
09-19-2007, 11:09 AM
how did your car turn out hk2nr?

Shane1
09-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I had good luck with so YMMV.