PDA

View Full Version : MIKE'S BIKES, lets hear some strategies!

BigShow
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
From what I've heard the game is always different for everyone, but what are some general strategies to get ahead in the game. TIA!!

bigboom
09-13-2006, 04:29 PM
it really depends on the market conditions they throw at you. i dont really remember what my group did but we played the simulation a LOT and just monkeyed around with all the different inputs. so make sure you practice!

core_upt
09-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I can't remember what we did, but we bought out 2 of the 4 other comapnies we were grouped with towards the end.

Timing is everything and depending on the rules about how you win. If it's stock price, do everything you can in the last two weeks to inflate your stock price (ie no dividends, dump inventory to boost sales, halt production, etc.)

Oh, and as said above, use the simulation as much as possible; it takes some effort, but is well worth it if you want to good.

sillyd
09-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Target the appropriate markets, sometimes easier to make money on low end products (volume sales), keep costs low, timing is everything so try to anticipate market conditions, and practice lots.

gpomp
09-15-2006, 01:11 PM
lower your retail margins. i think default is 50%? go down to 30% the first week. i think i had mine at 10-15% near the end.

you can use the simulate roll forward feature to figure out what specs you need for next years bike. then you use that to research the new bikes.

szw
09-15-2006, 02:31 PM
wtf is this

accord885
09-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Business model games for school I think

BigShow
11-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
lower your retail margins. i think default is 50%? go down to 30% the first week. i think i had mine at 10-15% near the end.

you can use the simulate roll forward feature to figure out what specs you need for next years bike. then you use that to research the new bikes.

Isn't it better to increase the retail margins?

B20EF
11-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Haha, i just designed my bikes tonight for their launch next week, can't realease any details in case someone in my class reads this :D

06elite
11-08-2006, 12:57 AM
keep your costs low, make sure you have the right number of employees making bikes (don't want to be over or short on bikes produced), make sure your bikes are close to what your target market wants, and go to the classes where gerry shows you how to get started. but it REALLY depends on what everyone else does in your "world"...oh and when you first design a bike, if you put more money into it at first, it becomes cheaper to make in production, so more profit.