PDA

View Full Version : Civic - SiR?

essential.mix
09-13-2006, 05:01 PM
There is no where else in the forums that i could see that is the right topic for my question so ill just ask here and hope i dont get flamed.

My question is if you are going to buy a civic.... is it better to go with the SiR and Si rather than a regular plain old civic?

I currently have a Volkswagen and know nothing of Civics. I personally wouldnt drive a golf if it was not a GTI... does the same apply to a Civic SiR... is the SiR or Si the equavalent to a Volkwagen GTI in the sense that they are both a step up?

Positive feedback only please. Thanks for your help.

IncredibleToad
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
SiR > Si > others if your talking about 99-00 civics, after that the SiR is a different car than all the other models (it becomes a hatchback)

For 99-00 at least...
SiR has DOHC Vtec w/ 160hp while Si has SOHC Vtec w/ 120ish hp? (i dont remember torque values but i know someone will fill that in for you reall soon) and SiR is the only model that came with alloys as opposed to steel rims+hubcaps

Lots of other things here and there, cmon beyonders fill in the gaping spaces of info for me

arian_ma
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
What year are you talking about? I'm going to guess you mean 99-00 and if that's the case, well if oyu don't go at LEAST Si...man you do not want a Civic that is not an Si (if you want some power)
The Si comes with a SOHC D16 I believe with 127 HP and no torque. The SiR gets the DOHC B16 with 160 HP and maybe some torque if you're lucky ;) hahaha.
Go SiR or don't go at all IMO.

EDIT: Also, this stuff came with the SiR as well I THINK IIRC.

6 disk changer, nicer seats, strut bar, better suspension, different shift knob/boot.

That's all I know of.

IncredibleToad
09-13-2006, 05:07 PM
^^^ werd

*edit* arian arent u in the middle of engg349 right now... :rofl:

arian_ma
09-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Nah G that shiz ended at 5.

IncredibleToad
09-13-2006, 05:08 PM
good call..:hijack:

essential.mix
09-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for all your help... Now all I have to do is find a decent SiR to get my hands on :bigpimp: Too bad i cant post in the market place yet... and canada trader isnt really much help :(

Thanks again.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-13-2006, 05:16 PM
It's SiR or bust... or an Si w/ an engine swap will be good as well.. if it's not AT LEAST an Si... imo it's not worth it... at least with the older civics... (Pre 06)

DepTrotter
09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
you should get an ep3

its not as lame looking as the other civics, and anyone that asks you about it doesnt knows its actually a civic

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-13-2006, 05:19 PM
EP3's are a class of their own... they're not really civics in the traditional sense... More people will associate them with RSX's because of the K20a

88CRX
09-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
EP3's are a class of their own... they're not really civics in the traditional sense... More people will associate them with RSX's because of the K20a

What the hell is that suppose to mean lol ;)

stevieo
09-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

civic sirs shouldn't be considered that either, we should call them integras cause they have a b16 in it.

zeroX420
09-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

civic sirs shouldn't be considered that either, we should call them integras cause they have a b16 in it.

i thought teggys comes only with tbe b18s...

andres_mt
09-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Si = maybe 130hp under optimal conditions??? doesnt really matter..car lacks huge balls lol go with a SiR if anything.

Arian i love that new avatar ahahha

the_new_santa1
09-13-2006, 09:14 PM
so to sum up this thread go with the sir...i personally see no point in buying a 20,000+ dollar vehicle then yanking out the motor for a swap.....so the si is out...just go for the sir...but that is just my 2 cents...do what you like.......:poosie:

IncredibleToad
09-13-2006, 09:17 PM
i personally really like the EP3's especially when they're lowered, i think the interior is fairly unique for a car of that level but ive yet to take one out for a spin

arian_ma
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by andres_mt
Si = maybe 130hp under optimal conditions??? doesnt really matter..car lacks huge balls lol go with a SiR if anything.

NO FAT CHICKS!
CAR WILL SCRAPE!
:rofl:

essential.mix
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Whats a used SiR go for anyways?
I beleive a 98' is what im looking for?

I've looked all over the place but cant seem to get my hands on one... maybe im not looking hard enough?

I'd post in the marketplace but i cannot post there yet...

Thanks for the feedback guys!:clap:

88CRX
09-13-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm pretty sure EM1 Civic SIR's were only 99' & 00' :dunno:

essential.mix
09-13-2006, 09:31 PM
oh shit haha.... my baaad :dunno:

Mitsu3000gt
09-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Civics have very little torque and you need to drive the piss off of them to go fast, which they aren't anyways. If you are used to a GTI my guess is that you will not like the civic. I would take the GTi over a civic in a second, except if your buying new it will be more money. Both cars are built very well, but the Gti will feel more 'solid'. Thats just my opinion anyways, I have no idea what your driving habits are like. If you like to hit 8000rpm in every gear, the sir is an ok choice, if you like power everywhere, go with the gti. Neither are designed for raw speed, but their powerbands are very different.

JspecB16
09-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Sir motor = 160hp DOHC Vtec :thumbsup:
Si motor = 127hp SOHC Vtec :thumbsup:
DX/CX/LX motor = 106hp SOHC :thumbsup:

Other = Sir comes with 4 wheel disc brakes from the factory, and all the mouldings painted the same colour as the car.:D

viffer
09-14-2006, 12:53 PM
SiR's are mad expensive out west, if you find a good deal you are lucky. When I was looking for one a few months back the prices in Quebec seemed to be lower than the ones located out here in AB and BC so you might want to check that out. There are a couple at T&T right now I believe, if you want to take a look at one.

essential.mix
09-14-2006, 04:12 PM
It sounds to me like a Civic is just not worth it at all...

I am use to my GTI and i like the looks of it...

Perhaps.... i should just stick with a GTI and maybe upgrade to the VR6?

What would you suggest for a car that compares to the GTI and SiR? as in.... mediocore everything...

For example.... GTI is not the best car and not the worst... and the SiR is not the best nor the worst either... Are integras any better?

EK 2.0
09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by JspecB16
Sir motor = 160hp DOHC Vtec :thumbsup:
Si motor = 127hp SOHC Vtec :thumbsup:
DX/CX/LX motor = 106hp SOHC :thumbsup:

Other = Sir comes with 4 wheel disc brakes from the factory, and all the mouldings painted the same colour as the car.:D

Si comes with painted mouldings too

CRXguy
09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

That's hot! :thumbsup:

Speed_69
09-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Some do and some don't, most don't like mine, it was a factory option i believe.

Originally posted by andres_mt

:werd: it lacks major balls. I have one and it's weak but it's awesome for getting from just point A to point B. If you're looking for abit of power, you'd definitely have to get at least the SiR.

euro_racer
09-14-2006, 07:21 PM
IMO get a integra gsr...more power than the civic, more of them are around so its not going to be as hard to find like the civic, nicer interior IMO, and overall its an similar but higher level honda than a civic....oh and since gsr's came since the mid 90's (95??) (in the newer body style) you can find one prolly for less that the civic :thumbsup:

even if you go for the civic si you will be better off with that than a gti 2.0 :thumbsup: ....i had both and i still have a 97 gti 2.0 (2.SLOW wich i have because i love the mk3 looks and styling...im basically crazy about all of vw....and most of honda lol)it seemed that the civic was faster :dunno:

but if you decide to forget about the whole honda thing and want to stick to your vw...i had a jetta glx vr6 before too, nothing to be thrilled about (except the sooo sexy vr6 sound) unless you have some good modds or boost :D matter fact i think my prelude right now is about the same for speed as a stock vr6

Mitsu3000gt
09-15-2006, 08:07 AM
I would get a 1.8T or VR6 if you have the 2.0. I would not buy an integra/civic of any kind before you know how the power delivery is on them. They need to be screaming to make any power. The VR6 and 1.8T will have power everywhere. You can chip the 1.8T too. For me personally, I do not enjoy driving the piss off of my car to go sort of fast. I want to just put my foot down in any gear and have instant power for merging, passing, etc.

A2VR6
09-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I would get a 1.8T or VR6 if you have the 2.0. I would not buy an integra/civic of any kind before you know how the power delivery is on them. They need to be screaming to make any power. The VR6 and 1.8T will have power everywhere. You can chip the 1.8T too. For me personally, I do not enjoy driving the piss off of my car to go sort of fast. I want to just put my foot down in any gear and have instant power for merging, passing, etc.

I agree with you there on the 1.8T but as for the VR6... I dont know. I've driven a few Corrado's before with the VR6 engine and a MK4 GTI VR6 and to me they werent anything special power wise. I didnt feel that there were gobs of torque downlow at all. To me it was just "Adequate."

johnboy27
09-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Not too sure if you are still looking for an SiR but I posted one on 780tuners this morning or a guy back in Nova Scotia. This car is near mint,he races cars as his past time and is an instructor at the BMW driving school back home so he knows how to set cars up. This SiR was setup to be able to autocross or run at Shubenacadie race track back home. He also ran it at Mosport this spring too.
Here is a link to the thread with some pics also, he is asking $11,000 for it.
http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48841
If you can't read the thread I'll post up the info for you.

essential.mix
09-17-2006, 12:36 PM
wow that is a nice SiR for sure... how much does shiping cost from nova scotia... because i dont plan to go there anytime soon haha...

johnboy27
09-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by essential.mix
wow that is a nice SiR for sure... how much does shiping cost from nova scotia... because i dont plan to go there anytime soon haha...
It could be shipped threw Searail for about 1500 but they are jerks and wouldn't let you store any of the extra parts inside the car for the trip. If you wanted to fly out and then drive back you could fly for about 300 bucks and then spend about 500 on gas for the drive home. The owner is a pretty decent guy,the previous owner before him was meticulous in cleaning that car and is still kicking himself in the ass for selling it.

Mitsu3000gt
09-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6

I agree with you there on the 1.8T but as for the VR6... I dont know. I've driven a few Corrado's before with the VR6 engine and a MK4 GTI VR6 and to me they werent anything special power wise. I didnt feel that there were gobs of torque downlow at all. To me it was just "Adequate."

A friend of mine has a jetta VR6, your right there certaily is not gobs of torque or power, but they are many times more flexible than a civic engine or a comparibe small 4cyl is all I was tryng to get across. You can't beat a turbo motor for all over torque, and next in line would be a nice V8.