PDA

View Full Version : Ipod/Itunes store music help please!!!

toyboy88
09-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey all!

Having a bit of a problem with my ipod mini and transfering music i bought from itunes.

So basically i tried to update some new songs a couple days ago, plugged into comp, everything was fine, message that "ipod update complete, ok disconnect" blah blah.

but then when i tried to play the music i have BOUGHT from itunes store it doesn't play at all and just skips to the next song? tho the song name/artist is displayed and everything on the ipod...

yet the song plays fine in itunes when u c it?!! i have already tried disconnect and reconnecting, updating ALL music files again (says transfered but doesn't play...?)

i recently hit the "full capacity" on the mini, but i tried taking off other songs to make space but no worky either?

does anybody know how to solve this problemo? please help!!!

THANKS!

The Cosworth
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
how old is your IPod, could be corrupt memory.

Reset or format completly and try to sync again....

toyboy88
09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
about 8-9 months old, 2ng generation one.

this morning i tried to re-update it said successful, but when i checked after all songs were gone from ipod?! :(

The Cosworth
09-13-2006, 06:18 PM
yeah if you clear it it reformats your memory.

I would try that first, and then re sync, if that doesnt work go to the apple site and download the new firmware update, and try that as well

sorry i dont purchase music off of itunes so im not sure really what else the problem could be

toyboy88
09-14-2006, 10:57 PM
ill try that...anybody else know whats wrong?:(

PS. wrong section mods please move for me thanks!

moeman
09-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Have you downloaded the latest version of iTunes? If so, that could be the problem:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34386

toyboy88
09-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by moeman
Have you downloaded the latest version of iTunes? If so, that could be the problem:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34386

"Initial reports were dis ed as being "only a few Windows owners" but then a few Mac people started to have the same problem. Some users complained that tracks they had previously bought from the music store had vanished after the upgrade."

The part about the music store tracks vanishing is what happened to me. thanks for the link.

Luckily, somehow it started working again today 2 days after i got the new itunes?