PDA

View Full Version : Need some info

4CylFiero
04-24-2003, 03:47 PM
I have a fine for no insurance 2875 (it hurts) and i paid some of it and then got it extended. Then i went to do the same thing a week AFTER my deadline and they told me there was a warrent out for my arrest.
I called the cop shop and they said if i turn myself in two things can possibly happen.
1: pay it or go to jail
2: or they will take me too court and i could possibly get an extention.
But for every cop i talk to i get either of these answers. Can anyone tell me straight out if it is possible to get it extended again.

Ben
04-24-2003, 03:53 PM
the only way you can NOW extend it is by going to court. Because you screwed yourself going past the deadline, the Justice of the Peace down at Rocky Mountain Plaza cant help you out.

on a big dollar fine such as that you you are looking at about 30-45 days in jail.

I know that 350 bucks is good for 15 days Jail time.

My advice...seek council.

Integra Type R
04-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Go for a free consultation with Points, maybe they can help you out. Just a thought, whats the worst you can lose??? $5.00 for parking???

4CylFiero
04-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Where would i get this free consultation, at the rocky mountian plaza before the courts

4CylFiero
04-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ben
the only way you can NOW extend it is by going to court. Because you screwed yourself going past the deadline, the Justice of the Peace down at Rocky Mountain Plaza cant help you out.

on a big dollar fine such as that you you are looking at about 30-45 days in jail.

I know that 350 bucks is good for 15 days Jail time.

My advice...seek council.

i was told it was 30 days jail time so if i paid 700 could i get off?

Ajay
04-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Why were you driving without insurance?

4CylFiero
04-24-2003, 10:37 PM
It is so crappy how it happened, My car was obviously uninsured and come spring all this sh*t falls from the trees and gets sap all over and it is near imposible to get off. So i decided to drive my car FROM THE BACK ALLEY to MY FRONT LAWN and because i was on a city street for a whole ten seconds the cop said i was in the wrong and gave me a ticket. The reason he tailed me is i had no plate on at the time. I just really have bad luck and that is why i don't want to chance avoiding the warrant and keep on driving.

Weapon_R
04-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Go to court. The judges will understand. Whats the worst that will happen? He will rule against you, and you have to pay the fine. That is going to happen either way. At least try and get it extended once more. Tell him your a student/young/jobless, whatever.

4CylFiero
04-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Man I'm all off the above. I just called 266-1234 and the chick i talked to told me to go down town and turn myself in and then they will take me before a JP and he will rule for whatever. I think i will take my chances that way that way at least i might have some say in keeping my sweet virgin a$$

Weapon_R
04-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Before you do that, you need to talk to someone who knows his shit. Dialing 266-1234 and accepting advice will get you FUCKED. They are phone operators who dispatch officers, they are NOT legal experts.

I'd wait and talk to points, you have nothing to lose through the consultation. Or better yet, go and speak to the crown prosecutor, and ask him for suggestions. Just make sure you don't get pinched in the courthouse :rofl:

syeve
04-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Seek council...you will get yourself into deeper shit unless you find out your option with proper help.

4CylFiero
04-30-2003, 10:22 PM
As an update, I had to pay it all. I went downtown and turned myself in and thought maybe i would get brownie points for honesty. NO way i was in a holding cell for 5 hours and some native guy tried to rip out my eyebrow percing. ( I was suppost to take it out but i just got it and it needs time to heal so i chanced it) I couldn't take it so i make a fuc*ing huge debit and put the rest on a credit card. Oh well at least that sh*t is done with.

Moral of this Story there is no point to turning yourself in unless you want to serve the time when it is convient to you.