PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Boshoku Canada Is Born

japancar
09-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Being in the car export business, I have lots of contacts within the different manufacturers. Here something from my friend the Mayor of Woodstock.

TOYOTA BOSHOKU CANADA IS BORN

Earlier today another exciting chapter was added to Woodstock’s economic history as Toyota Boshoku broke ground on a new $65-million automotive parts plant that will supply the $1.1-billion Toyota assembly plant when it starts production in 2008.

Toyota Boshoku Canada will provide seats, door panels and floor carpets for the RAV 4 which is to be built in Woodstock. The groundbreaking ceremony took place on the company’s 14.5-hectare site on Beards Lane, just five minutes away from the main Toyota assembly plant.

The Ceremony’s theme was focused on pursuing dreams and accordingly each featured guest shared their personal dreams prior to speaking. Speeches were offered by company President Dr. Shuhei Toyoda, Canadian President Haruo Murase, President of Toyota Motor manufacturing Canada President Ray Tanguay, Minister of Economic Development Joseph Cordiano, Oxford MPP Dave MacKenzie and Mayor Michael Harding.

Toyota Boshoku confirmed its commitment to good corporate citizenship with a $10,000 charitable donation to the Woodstock and District Developmental Services, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving those with intellectual disabilities, just prior to the actual groundbreaking.

Woodstock’s Development Len Magyar noted the plant will employ 330, putting it among the top 5 largest private sector employers in Woodstock.

Jim Carson, spokesman for Toyota Boshoku America noted the significance of today’s events noting this is the company’s first stand alone venture in Canada and while it has about 15 plants in North America, most are joint ventures operating with other parts businesses. The Toyota Boshoku Canada operation is only the second, stand-alone operation -- the other is a plant in Kentucky, Carson added. "We are excited to be bringing jobs here. The support from Woodstock has been excellent."

Mayor Michael Harding welcomed Toyota Boshoku to the City pledging in Japanese to work together as partners in the companies success.

Redlyne_mr2
09-15-2006, 02:45 AM
Contacts, that was in last weeks edition of automotive news?:confused:

japancar
09-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Oh really? I got it from the mayor's office and then it was given to the press? I thought I was special...But, you could be right.

adam c
09-15-2006, 01:24 PM
yippy... :zzz: