PDA

View Full Version : SCI answer to STI Imports

bigboom
09-13-2006, 09:54 PM
This was discussed in an earlier thread but I found out from my salesman at Subaru of Calgary that the SCI in an effort to combat the import savings from the US has implemented a $2500 service credit on all canadian STI's. It's not 10K in savings but its something.

benyl
09-13-2006, 09:59 PM
old ones too?

Aleks
09-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
This was discussed in an earlier thread but I found out from my salesman at Subaru of Calgary that the SCI in an effort to combat the import savings from the US has implemented a $2500 service credit on all canadian STI's. It's not 10K in savings but its something.

Really? That's cool I guess.

While we're talking about Subaru of Calgary, I have read on this site that they have somewhat of a bad reputation for service, while their sales team is pretty good. I went there to get my first free oil change and everything went pretty smoothly.

Just curious how many people have had a bad service experience there and why?

thanks.

bigboom
09-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Really? That's cool I guess.

While we're talking about Subaru of Calgary, I have read on this site that they have somewhat of a bad reputation for service, while their sales team is pretty good. I went there to get my first free oil change and everything went pretty smoothly.

Just curious how many people have had a bad service experience there and why?

thanks.

well i have th eexact same concerns. actually ive read both dealers in calgary have a bad rep for service. but from wht i heard when i bought my car they supposedly just fired the service manager and hired a new guy so i was told that they are trying to improve their service...:dunno:

xrayvsn
09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
What exactly is a service credit? Is that another word for warranty, which you get anyway?:confused:

benyl
09-14-2006, 07:28 AM
no, regular maintenance credit.

40,000 km service is like $400 or something.

xrayvsn
09-14-2006, 09:48 AM
So the first big item you can use this service credit is at 40,000, or on average after having owned the car for 2 years? Instead of a reduction in MSRP by $2,500 and the interest savings of financing this over 2 years, you get a "service credit". Weak:thumbsdow

bigboom
09-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn
So the first big item you can use this service credit is at 40,000, or on average after having owned the car for 2 years? Instead of a reduction in MSRP by $2,500 and the interest savings of financing this over 2 years, you get a "service credit". Weak:thumbsdow

well all your oil changes and what not too...arent the maintenance services around 200 dollars everytime as well?

kenny
09-14-2006, 02:29 PM
I doubt this counter measure is going to do much. The typical customer that brings their car into the dealership for every minor thing is not the type of person that would import their own vehicle.