PDA

View Full Version : hearing problems

DC2
09-13-2006, 11:49 PM
My Grandmother moved back into the house about a month ago, shes about 70ish and like all seniors she is a little hard of hearing. But it seems the worse only when shes watching TV, especially at night. My parents both wake up early and she watches TV late most nights.

does anyone have any recomendations on hearing aids or anything that will help better when watching TV? She is really good at hearing a person speak but its only the TV. Is there anything that can connect to a TV for headphones or anything like that? its a newer type of TV so there arent any headphone jacks.

Any input is great!

DannyO
09-14-2006, 12:01 AM
you can get wireless headphones, and some of them have various inputs, like, and due to the way audio cables are, worse comes to worse, you can most likely get an RCA to "whatever type you need" cable and plug the RCAs into the left and right audio out at the back or sometimes front of the TV.

ogpog
09-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Use a cable from the RCA outputs (yellow/red/white) and connect the red and white audio plugs to an adapter that goes from the two rca inputs to a stereo mini plug (to plug your headphones into). These cables are avaliable at radioshacks and futureshops. Ive bought them before for soundcard setups and game systems, etc. Should work.

buttercup
09-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by DannyO

sorry.. moderator deleted by sig? is that a joke?

cause im laughing :)

DannyO
09-14-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by buttercup

sorry.. moderator deleted by sig? is that a joke?

cause im laughing :)

No joke, some mod went to mess with my sig and the sig defended itself and deleted the mod, it happens more than you think, so watch out.

JRSC00LUDE
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by DannyO

No joke, some mod went to mess with my sig and the sig defended itself and deleted the mod, it happens more than you think, so watch out.

So basically, you're sig. just up and removed the mod? Completely eliminated him from the matrix? Holy shit Neo, you're more powerful than I thought! :D