PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's

Pihsiak
09-14-2006, 12:33 AM
I love their specialty burgers. Like their Bacon Mushroom melts awhile back and now their New Wild Jack something cheese sandwichs...

Which leads to the main topic.

Which ones are open late? I'm feeling like getting one right now.

DC2
09-14-2006, 12:35 AM
arent most of them open til 3am??

for sure the one by the old ikea. i always go!:D

jdm_jspec
09-14-2006, 12:36 AM
the one by the Brentwood LRT station/Brentwood mall by the co-op is open usualy when i stop or drive by:thumbsup:

Pihsiak
09-14-2006, 12:37 AM
thank you....

*gets up... walks down the stairs... opens house door... opens car door.. closes car door... starts car and drives off....*

what about the one by futureshop in the NE? is that one open late?

DC2
09-14-2006, 12:49 AM
^ are you gone already? haha

i think that one is too. i remember seeing an open late sign

avow
09-14-2006, 12:52 AM
the one my silver city (my bad, studio 16 :guns: ) is open late. which is homo because i live in arbour lake and the one in crowfoot isnt... so i have to drive all the way over there to get 3 JBCs...

jcrules99
09-14-2006, 12:54 AM
hahaha this threads making me crave wendys!!!

Pihsiak
09-14-2006, 01:37 AM
Nope they all closed at 1.... (old ikea, the one by futureshop and the one off barlow and 32...)

Not FTW...

turbotrip
09-14-2006, 01:38 AM
Brentwood is open till 1:30 i believe

heinz256
09-14-2006, 07:29 AM
The ones in midnapore and 17th ave are open past 2 i believe

QuasarCav
09-14-2006, 07:44 AM
If there are enough employees. I see alot of them running without a drive-thru or drive-thru only.

The one on 58th Ave SE is the best I've been to.

bulaian
09-14-2006, 09:14 AM
the one on mcknight and deerfoot used to always be open really late. some days we'd go pickup some food after leaving the bar

cityhunter2501
09-14-2006, 10:18 AM
mcknight / deerfoot trail?

DepTrotter
09-14-2006, 10:22 AM
i hope you got some bud

but lately

they've been closing extremely early due to understaffing

i say stock up and keep it in your fridge ;)

bulaian
09-14-2006, 10:44 AM
yup, just turn off of deerfoot, heading east on mcknight, it's right there in the same building as tim horton's

Sprinter
09-14-2006, 12:42 PM
The one at 7th ave and 37th st S.W., near Westbrook Mall closes at 4a.m. sometimes, That Wild Mountain Jack Chicken is hella good son :drool:

EnRich
09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I had a yell at em today for lunch... I went to the one on 130th Ave S.E. and their front counter was closed, but their drive thru was open. So I walk up, I can see ppl working, and I ask em if they’re giving free food away today. The lady looks at me, and laughs, "no we're not giving free food away." So I tell her, well looks like your gonna have to give up a free combo coupon, this huge inconvenience for me (and I’m serious). This is the second time in two weeks I’ve come here and you couldn’t take my order. She’s like, “well sorry, go through the drive thru.” And she said it in such a snotty way, that it actually really pissed me off. I asked to speak to a manager. She says I’m it… I told her, I had 30 min for lunch, you just took up 10, and now I have to wait another 15 min going through your drive thru. I ask her what kinda business she’s running? She’s like, look, I have no coupons and I’m extremely busy, go through the drive thru... I’m like, yes you do, shes like no I don’t, now please leave and go through the drive thru. I’m like, that its, I want your business card. She’s really pissed now, and tells me she doesn’t have one, and again, to leave. I then tell her, I want her name then. At this time she looks like she’s gonna blow up. So her district manager comes up. And I’m laughing on the inside; wtf is a district manager doing making burgers. She’s like, I’m really sorry, I’d be more then happy to serve you a free lunch of your choice. I’m like I’m not sure I even want to support this type of business. If you guys are so under-staffed, maybe its time to raise your minimum wage (its 8 bucks) I then ask her if she could live on 8 dollars an hour? She said obviously not. So I then ask her, how do you expect your workers to? She had nothing to say, and this time she offered free combo’s to me, my family, and friends upon my return.

szw
09-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Kind of a dick move IMO.

bulaian
09-14-2006, 03:06 PM
that is a reall dick move... they're doing the best they can with what they can work with. if corporate doesn;t wanna increases wages, then what are they gonna do?

nonlinear
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
yea, you sound like a major fuckin' asshole :thumbsdow

DepTrotter
09-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
that is a reall dick move... they're doing the best they can with what they can work with. if corporate doesn;t wanna increases wages, then what are they gonna do?

thats not even the problem though

theyd ont get minimum wage there

wendys is paying top dollar for new staff

but no one wants to work fast food anymore

but the thing is enrich is right.. he should be getting compensated for expecting to be able to come in and get food and not being able to. at least lock the doors!

but theres other ways to get what you want, or to get your point across without being an asshole

CarbonCopy
09-14-2006, 03:11 PM
All of them were open to 3 am every night. Labour shortages are pwning our late-night meals.

l8braker
09-14-2006, 03:14 PM
I really like how you played the "My time is more important than yours, you wasted 10 minutes of it, blah, blah, blah card". I'd bet that you would have stayed there arguing all afternoon.

It's a fucking Wendy's.

bulaian
09-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

thats not even the problem though

theyd ont get minimum wage there

wendys is paying top dollar for new staff

but no one wants to work fast food anymore

but the thing is enrich is right.. he should be getting compensated for expecting to be able to come in and get food and not being able to. at least lock the doors!

but theres other ways to get what you want, or to get your point across without being an asshole

they would only lock the door if they were severely short staffed and could not support serving customers at all.

the fact that they closed the dining area and only had the drive thru open already shows they were taking measures to help serve as many people as well as they were equipped to

DepTrotter
09-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by bulaian

they would only lock the door if they were severely short staffed and could not support serving customers at all.

the fact that they closed the dining area and only had the drive thru open already shows they were taking measures to help serve as many people as well as they were equipped to

that makes no sense

they werent helping customers who were walking in.. so why would they keep the doors open

moron

heavyD
09-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by szw
Kind of a dick move IMO.

I agree. Good thing I wasn't there as I ran a guy out of Mc D's not too long ago for being a prick to the shortstaffed people that were doing the best they could under the circumstances.:thumbsdow

CRXguy
09-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
bla bla bla

Is it too much to walk to a different establishment?

Jerk! :guns:

Pihsiak
09-14-2006, 05:00 PM
*Update*

I went to sleep hungary...

^^^
PS. That was a bit of a dick move

You don't flat out ask them for free food.

dino_martini
09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Holy shit, how can you eat that mushroom melt crap. It looks disgusting..:barf:

ZedMan
09-15-2006, 12:35 AM

What kind of self-important bullshit is that?
Can't handle not getting what you want? Life not fair? maybe it's time to go back to preschool.

Khyron
09-15-2006, 08:24 AM
I would have kicked him out. That "we have to put up with whatever garbage the cust spews" went out the window 10 years ago.

Khyron

ogpog
09-15-2006, 08:32 AM
I had a yell at em today for lunch... I went to the one on 130th Ave S.E. and their front counter was closed, but their drive thru was open. So I walk up, I can see ppl working, and I ask em if they’re giving free food away today. The lady looks at me, and laughs, "no we're not giving free food away." So I tell her, well looks like your gonna have to give up a free combo coupon, this huge inconvenience for me (and I’m serious). This is the second time in two weeks I’ve come here and you couldn’t take my order. She’s like, “well sorry, go through the drive thru.” And she said it in such a snotty way, that it actually really pissed me off. I asked to speak to a manager. She says I’m it… I told her, I had 30 min for lunch, you just took up 10, and now I have to wait another 15 min going through your drive thru. I ask her what kinda business she’s running? She’s like, look, I have no coupons and I’m extremely busy, go through the drive thru... I’m like, yes you do, shes like no I don’t, now please leave and go through the drive thru. I’m like, that its, I want your business card. She’s really pissed now, and tells me she doesn’t have one, and again, to leave. I then tell her, I want her name then. At this time she looks like she’s gonna blow up. So her district manager comes up. And I’m laughing on the inside; wtf is a district manager doing making burgers. She’s like, I’m really sorry, I’d be more then happy to serve you a free lunch of your choice. I’m like I’m not sure I even want to support this type of business. If you guys are so under-staffed, maybe its time to raise your minimum wage (its 8 bucks) I then ask her if she could live on 8 dollars an hour? She said obviously not. So I then ask her, how do you expect your workers to? She had nothing to say, and this time she offered free combo’s to me, my family, and friends upon my return.

The way i see it, if a company is running in such a way that is under-standard such as that Wendy's, i see no reason as to why they should have to give you free food. The only reasonable thing i can see as a solution is to discontinue business with the establishment.

Its not like if you go to a toy store and they are bad at helping you out, have terribly slow service, etc., you dont see people standing at the counter bitching to get a "free toy" or in your case a "free toy coupon" as a treat for the horribly traumatizing experience you just went through.:rolleyes:

googe
09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
haha, i actually felt a little shame and embarassment on behalf of you while reading that. what is a self-righteous king like yourself eating at a place like wendys anyway? :rolleyes:

EnRich
09-15-2006, 09:30 AM
k.... thats not the point I'm trying to make guys... Yea I know its an ass move but, the point is, I walked in there not more then two weeks ago and they couldnt serve me, so I had to drive another 10 min on my 30 min break to eat somewhere else... I didnt make a big deal outta it that time.. (30min is the time I set for myself, I can take as long as I want during lunch, thats not the point) This time it really pissed me off... And is 8 bucks top dollar in calgary now? I know how much they make cause I asked a manager that works at the wendy's... ITS 8 BUCKS!!!!!! who can afford to work for 8/hour in calgary? if the corporate "big shots" wanna run their business by skimming workers outta money, then fuck them. I will raise hell, and I'll do it again. In a way I'm standing up for the workers. 8 bucks is BS, and thats the main reason why they couldn't serve me... and the buddy who thought my time is worth more then theres... It is... Every min I'm away from my office, I miss out on leads that make me ALOT of money... how much money you make yesterday? I know for a fact, I missed out on at least 80 bucks in the time I was gone. Time is money, maybe next time your around, I'll waste your time, see how you like it. 2nd point, you said its fucking wendy's? Do you know how much money wendy's makes? Its a major business man, and it only gets richer by screwing workers. No one wants to work fast food cause its shit money, and you work damn hard. Times are changing, esp in Calgary, we all know this. Wendy's needs to realize that they need to change in order to keep up. I hope in a small way I made em realize that. If you guys think I'm an ass, so be it, cause I can be. but I hope some of you at least see my point.

bulaian
09-15-2006, 09:48 AM

that makes no sense

they werent helping customers who were walking in.. so why would they keep the doors open

moron

wtf? are you dense? that WAS my point... they couldn't help the people walking in, so that's why the dining area was closed, yet they still had the drive thru open

CRXguy
09-15-2006, 10:22 AM
k.... thats not the point I'm trying to make guys... Yea I know its an ass move but, the point is, I walked in there not more then two weeks ago and they couldnt serve me, so I had to drive another 10 min on my 30 min break to eat somewhere else... I didnt make a big deal outta it that time.. (30min is the time I set for myself, I can take as long as I want during lunch, thats not the point) This time it really pissed me off... And is 8 bucks top dollar in calgary now? I know how much they make cause I asked a manager that works at the wendy's... ITS 8 BUCKS!!!!!! who can afford to work for 8/hour in calgary? if the corporate "big shots" wanna run their business by skimming workers outta money, then fuck them. I will raise hell, and I'll do it again. In a way I'm standing up for the workers. 8 bucks is BS, and thats the main reason why they couldn't serve me... and the buddy who thought my time is worth more then theres... It is... Every min I'm away from my office, I miss out on leads that make me ALOT of money... how much money you make yesterday? I know for a fact, I missed out on at least 80 bucks in the time I was gone. Time is money, maybe next time your around, I'll waste your time, see how you like it. 2nd point, you said its fucking wendy's? Do you know how much money wendy's makes? Its a major business man, and it only gets richer by screwing workers. No one wants to work fast food cause its shit money, and you work damn hard. Times are changing, esp in Calgary, we all know this. Wendy's needs to realize that they need to change in order to keep up. I hope in a small way I made em realize that. If you guys think I'm an ass, so be it, cause I can be. but I hope some of you at least see my point.

You have no point. You're just being an asshole, period. If this happened to you before already, why would you go back?

Maybe you should make your own lunch from now on, so you don't miss out on your precious "leads."

Unbelievable!!! :guns:

nonsane
09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
I missed out on at least 80 bucks in the time I was gone. Time is money, maybe next time your around, I'll waste your time, see how you like it. 2 [/B]

Time to start packing a lunch...

heavyD
09-15-2006, 11:55 AM

You may have a problem with the Wendy's corportation but belittleing a branch manager and staff isn't going to change the way the company does business. Call head office if you want to make a point. All you did was make a miserable shortstaffed situation for the workers more miserable.

nonlinear
09-15-2006, 12:10 PM

This happened to you twice? Most people would just go somewhere else the second time. if you don't like the service don't spend your money there - it's simple.

Weapon_R
09-15-2006, 12:23 PM

Who are you trying to kid? You wanted a free $5.00 lunch and you took advantage of the situation to do so. If you are in such a hurry, go somewhere else. But again, who are we trying to kid...you missed out on 80 bucks but you tried to talk down at someone working at Wendy's because you you think you're better than they are.

tcjsa
09-15-2006, 12:29 PM
why close off the dining area?... what if someone had to go to the bathroom really bad and found that doors were locked... that would be worse, imo, than walking into a fast food place and finding out they couldn't serve me..

FivE.SeveN
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
What if you've got low blood sugar? :nut:

I know of people that get super pissed off if their bloodsugar drops too low -- like around lunch time.

googe
09-15-2006, 12:35 PM
wendys is a franchise, not a "big business". sure wendys corporate is filthy rich, but they have nothing to do with how an individual restaurant is run really, other than collecting their dues. owning a single store doesnt make you rich, in fact to make it feasible the owners are often out there making burgers just like everyone else. and you can stop flaunting your important time/money because no one is going to take you seriously if youre that important and eating at wendys :rofl:

if you lose $80 every 30 minutes, you make about $160 an hour, and ill guess a 9 hour day...so thats $1440 a day, or $7200 a week assuming you dont work weekends. yeah, easy for you to shit on some minimum wage employees who probably wonder if they are gonna be able to pay rent. what kind of greedy bastard is making that much coin and cant chill out for a minute to take a lunch break? if the worst thing that happened to you all day was having to wait 25 minutes for lunch, i dont think many people are gonna feel sorry for you :D

or hey, you could always just get a cell phone, then you never have to worry about losing your $80 lunch break again! actually i know you already have one anyways, making your whole rant :bullshit:

steverules
09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by tcjsa
why close off the dining area?... what if someone had to go to the bathroom really bad and found that doors were locked... that would be worse, imo, than walking into a fast food place and finding out they couldn't serve me..
-Places that are open late with minimul staff get a lot of trouble from drunks, thats why they close the inside!
-drive through on average lets the staff deal with just one customer at a time.
-People are lazy and don't want to get there cars so yet again drive through makes more money!
-Overall drive through makes more money overall then storefront!

DJ Lazy
09-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Mmmmmm Wild Mountain Chicken Sandwich... :drool:

Best thing they got... then the Spicy Chicken 2nd, and then the Big Bacon Classic 3rd....

DAMNIT!! now I gotta go get some for lunch!

ninjak84
09-15-2006, 01:38 PM
She’s like, I’m really sorry, I’d be more then happy to serve you a free lunch of your choice. I’m like I’m not sure I even want to support this type of business.

You sound like a fucking jackass, and you say "like" more than a teenage girl going through puberty.

asuth077
09-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

You sound like a fucking jackass, and you say "like" more than a teenage girl going through puberty.

:rofl:

I am subscribed

Lo)2enz0
09-15-2006, 03:04 PM
you guys are WRONG on the times. during the week brentwood is only open till 11:00 and same with the one by COP. only on weekend they are open late late. mostly for all of the pot head kids

CarbonCopy
09-16-2006, 03:44 AM
They used to be open til 3 am every day. Something changed within the past 3 weeks, at least at the 32nd location.

Service went to s*** too, I went there today and I got the wrong drink, didn't get a frosty, didnt get straws and the sour cream was bad.

Labour shortage was fine, until it affected my eating. Need more people to man the battlestations at my favourite fast food places :whipped:

EnRich
09-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by googe
wendys is a franchise, not a "big business". sure wendys corporate is filthy rich, but they have nothing to do with how an individual restaurant is run really, other than collecting their dues. owning a single store doesnt make you rich, in fact to make it feasible the owners are often out there making burgers just like everyone else. and you can stop flaunting your important time/money because no one is going to take you seriously if youre that important and eating at wendys :rofl:

if you lose $80 every 30 minutes, you make about $160 an hour, and ill guess a 9 hour day...so thats $1440 a day, or $7200 a week assuming you dont work weekends. yeah, easy for you to shit on some minimum wage employees who probably wonder if they are gonna be able to pay rent. what kind of greedy bastard is making that much coin and cant chill out for a minute to take a lunch break? if the worst thing that happened to you all day was having to wait 25 minutes for lunch, i dont think many people are gonna feel sorry for you :D

or hey, you could always just get a cell phone, then you never have to worry about losing your $80 lunch break again! actually i know you already have one anyways, making your whole rant :bullshit:

its not quite that high, yesterday I made 562... and last weekend (Sat) I made 500... and yep I work on the weekends, saving for a house like everyone else... And if you feel so bad for em, their hiring, go apply for the 8 bucks their gonna offer you per hour. My point is, the bosses are too greedy to pay their poor workers more money (which they deserve BIGTIME, as a matter of fact, hats off to anyone that has worked in fast food, I know you work hard) Of course I was BSing them, and I already know I'm an asshole... it took you that long to figure that out? The point is, I was there twice and it happened twice on my short lunch break. If they can't serve customers, shut down your fucking operation, or pay up for my trouble, simple. Its courtasy.... And heres a lesson in business for all you young kids poking sticks at me, thinking you know me or something. When I fuck up at work, I pay for it outta my own pocket to make MY CUSTOMERS HAPPY... When you get your own business, come talk to me, I'll explain the concept...

max_boost
09-19-2006, 10:41 AM
LOL

I'm the busboy, cashier, dishwasher, phone operator, server, manager, owner of family's operation. Pull that shit at my restaurant and I guess I'll have to call the cops since I don't think we can kick you out. haha I routinely tell people that they have to wait up to an hour for their take out or delivery on the weekends. That's just how fucking busy my place is. You can FUCK OFF if you want a free meal. Of course I'm only going to tell you this online because you are 3 times the size of me.

Still an asshole move. Doesn't matter how much you try to explain it. Majority of the forum agrees.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
09-19-2006, 10:43 AM
They only gave you free coupons for fear of you reporting them to head office, fear of being reprimanded, fear of getting fired, not that they agreed with you. They just wanted you to GET THE FUCK OUT.

How can you give so much SHIT to people doing the best they can. :thumbsdow

Oh snap man.

Ok so they start paying their workers $15/hour, then you are going to start bitching about how their classic combos are now $9.95 and for the price you pay, they should be serving you like royalty.

sputnik
09-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Sorry folks. WELCOME TO CALGARY.

There arent enought people to work in the service industry in this city and service in general is going downhill fast. If you want good fast food service go to Regina or Winnipeg.

I was at the new McDonalds on 130th Ave SE a couple of times already. Each time I have been there, there has been a huge line inside and in the drive thru (not even at peak hours), the garbage cans are full, the "kitchen" looks terrible and every second table has a tray with garbage on it. Then I go and order and have a cashier with the most blank stare on his face and gets confused when I ask for a packet of vinegar.

This is the new reality in the Calgary economic boom. This has nothing to do with one franchise over another, it is everywhere. Mark my words, if this continues the only restaurants able to stay open will be family run restaurants where the employees/owners are family and work like slaves (like max_boost) because they actually have something at stake. Everyone else will collapse or raise their prices dramatically.

Sure it would be nice not to have to wait in line at McDonalds or have to clear a table for myself and my wife. However getting mad at the issue is really only wishing for a depressed economy where fast food restaurants can be picky as to who they hire. I on the other hand would rather be patient and deal with the additional hassles. If you cant handle that, bring a sandwich from home for lunch.

sputnik
09-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Another thing...

PLEASE BUS YOUR OWN TRAY. Gone are the days when you could leave your tray behind and say "you are employing someone" by being lazy. You arent doing any favours by not clearing your own table. You are just showing the world how much of a lazy slob you are.

ninjak84
09-19-2006, 11:10 AM
When you get your own business, come talk to me, I'll explain the concept...

HA HA!!

Explain what? The concept of you having to pay out of your own pocket because you're always fucking up? Sounds like maybe YOU should get a job at Wendy's to teach yourself some basic human functions.
Listen up monkey. Read these next few lines closely.

Know why the counter/customer area is closed? Not enough staff.
Know why there's not enough staff? Nobody wants to deal with a prick like you.

Tik-Tok
09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Why the fuck don't you just pack a lunch to work if the fast food business is SOOOO inconvient to your fast paced lifestyle?

KuruptEX
09-19-2006, 11:31 AM
think this is hard my buddy is doing sober september
and half october heres the detail i tagged along to do this..
well no eating junk food or drinking september and half
october(well i dont drink muslim) but imagine no junk food
no wasting moeny for a month and half lol its hard but now i
eat home made subs pizza and all and money racks up like
crazy FTW

slick2404
09-19-2006, 11:38 AM
if you want an example of lack of employees....try 16th ave Dennys. 4 People on a weekend night, pulling near minimum wage depending on peoples tips to acutally make some decent cash.

But how are you supposed to keep tipping a waitress, when you cant order what you want anymore? I went there last weekend, as its THE HOT SPOT to sober up before goin to bed....but the waitress told me they cant hire enough people to keep up, they call in people from different locations just so they can keep the store open. the menu has suffered directly because of this, the cooks cant keep up with the orders so they cut it down SOO Much you can only order the easy/less time consuiming meals.

Sure Calgarys economy is booming, but for the food and service industry its gettin real tough.... i could almost feel the waitresses pain if i wasnt so buzzed....or maybe it was the wings that were'nt sitting right

doublepostwhore
09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
I work in a pub and shit we get slammed hard constantly now.. its getting to the point where executive food decisions are being made by junior TRAINING staff.. keep in mind that although places like wendy's/dennys and faster food places have alot of their food precooked/semi cooked, it still takes time to make your food.

When you have 50+ people all waiting for food and you need to wait 6 minutes for someones chicken fingers to cook it backlogs the whole kitchen.

If you think being a lacky for ANY kitchen is easy... think again, it is more stressful then you can even imagine... go volunteer @ the mustard seed for one afternoon, gain an appreciation for the guys and gals that are cooking your meal.

You think some kid that is working @ 8 bucks an hour cares about your precious time? prolly not, but you have made him/her care now, his manager will give him/her shit for the next 5 hrs cause you were to impatient to hop in your car pull around to grab your food.

Unsatisfactory.

When people complain about it, I am sure you are the first to say.. GO GET A NEW JOB! well fanatastic, and when they do, you complain because they quit their job feeding you.

unfuckingbelieveable.

Mini rant.

I HATE it when I am busting 10 min chit times with a rookie staff pushing 300-400 halfs and the customers have the audacity to come and tell me I am not getting their food fast enough. Well fuck it takes me 10 minutes regardless to cook your fucking well done steak and extra extra crispy wings with the sauce dryed on.

Fuck, if you wanna be choosy go bug the maitre d at la chaumiere or go downtown to a top end resturant. They would tell you to chop of your cock and suck on it. How can you be yelling at a kid barely old enough to be in the bar about food quality when I dont chose the menu items??

Fucking 6 years of the resturant industry under my belt and I still get hastled by all my 3 bosses, it comes out of my cheque when I have to QSA someones meal becuase they got blue cheese dressing instead of ranch.

Comming to a bar to eat for lunch is not meant to be a 20 minute meal, for fuck sakes the waitresses can only punch in your food so fast... typically it takes ~7 minutes for them to make a round and then type your order in... another 10-14 for me to make it, push it and then 10 more minutes for her to realise that the food is waiting in the window.

Why the fuck do customers think its their god given right to WALK INTO MY KITCHEN and yell at me about how their suicide wings are too hot? What in the HELL do you think this is? Just because you eat here, it doesnt mean you can walk into my work space and potentially cause me to go apeshit.
Do I walk into your office and give you shit because you didnt answer your phone politely?

Fucking customers.

Max you can complete my post :D

max_boost
09-19-2006, 01:37 PM
haha fucking :werd:

All these people complaining, if you can do a beter job, Welcome aboard. :rofl:

stevieo
09-19-2006, 01:58 PM
you guys ever see "Waiting" the movie?

serving people like Enrich would be so fun.

googe
09-19-2006, 01:59 PM

And heres a lesson in business for all you young kids poking sticks at me, thinking you know me or something. When I fuck up at work, I pay for it outta my own pocket to make MY CUSTOMERS HAPPY... When you get your own business, come talk to me, I'll explain the concept...

haha, everyone and their pet ferret has their own business these days. ive been incorporated for a few years, so go ahead and continue explaining, oh wise one! :rofl: youre still saving for a house? a lot of "us kids" have one (or more) already. better chill out on the condescending talk :)

normally yeah if i screw up its my own dime, i dont make people pay for my mistakes, but rest assured, if someone is being an asshole and thinks theyre above everyone (especially considering the wendys people didnt actually do anything wrong, youre the fool for going to the counter when it was closed) ill gladly tell them where to go :thumbsup:

haha anyway speaking of the labor shortage, i recommend not doing trips at night anymore. i was on the way back from vancouver this weekend and hit banff at about 1am with no gas left...every gas station in town closed, so i try and make it to canmore...every gas station in canmore closed, low fuel light, my last hope is the one on the side of the road at dead mans flats, luckily that one was open, otherwise i would have been stuck in the cold.

then last night i order a pizza from papa johns on 17th, as soon as she picks up she asks if i can hold please. sure i say. then im on hold for 10 minutes thinking k wtf, i doubt there are customers inside the store, the girl answering the phone isnt usually making pizzas, they have another couple people for that, wtf is taking so long...so i hang up and call back in 10 minutes, no answer...i let it keep ringing, on the 7th ring she answers, "please hold". ok WTF! finally after 10-15 more minutes she is back to take my order. when its ready i go in and pick it up and notice the phone is ringing, shes running my card through and mumbles, "i so dont plan on answering that".
maybe i should have demanded free pizzas :thumbsup:

EnRich
09-19-2006, 02:04 PM
lol... some of you guys are hilarious. And as a side note, I do bring lunch 90% of the time. The two times I walked in there, were the two times I didnt bring a lunch in 2 weeks. And I wasn't complaining to a kid, it was to the manager, re-read my post before posting your own bs. And to the mini rant kid... I do appriciate your service (I know its hard work). Thats why I tip, so ppl like you could go to University and maybe get a real job. Last time I went out for a nice meal my tip was $30 bucks on a $75 dollar meal. good enough for you? The waitress even sucked ass, even got my order wrong. So I ain't an asshole all the time ;) I feel that the establishment owed me a meal for my trouble, since it was the 2nd time in a row. I understand why some of you have a problem with this. I work hard for my money too, so I expect you to work hard to earn it. plain and simple..... If you can't serve me, your not doing a very good job on earning my money.

max_boost
09-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I feel that the establishment owed me a meal for my trouble, since it was the 2nd time in a row.

LOL

Next time call in advance and ask if the restaurant area is open. No one owes you anything.

doublepostwhore
09-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Enrich I find your attack on me to find "a real job" offensive and my post was not directed soley at you, but the kitchen doesnt make any tips, do you tip at wendies?

I am going to university, engineering, I dont need you to talk down to me.

everyone starts somewhere. Some of the workers there dont have what it takes to go to university becuase of fiscal trouble, or becuase of aptitude.

Its very rude of you to go and demand something from an establishment when it is clearly not there fault. What do you expect, to have them guess when you come in so they can make your food for you? are you the kind of wendies?

do your clientelle recieve your service, whatever it maybe when they cant get it from you cause they are busy? what is your business like blockbuster?