PDA

View Full Version : Sticking PomPoms on cars paint

treg50
09-14-2006, 09:51 AM
What is the safest method for sticking those 'wedding-'type pompoms onto cars?

Obviously I don't want to damage the paint on the car when removing them.

Mitsu3000gt
09-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Painter's tape won't do anything to your paint, but I don't know if it would be strong enough to hold the pom poms. I personally would never even cosider sticking anything like that to my car.

hussein
09-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Werd. Keep it clean. Get some decals made from a sign shop and put them on your car that maybe have like your first initial and her's, do it to the other cars in your procession as well, try to incorperate the date with roman numerals too that looks cool.

gp36912
09-14-2006, 10:22 AM
^^^ cept the thing is, without those pompoms noone would think its a wedding :( it'd just look more like a club of cars.
you could go to the dollar store and grab the cheapest double sided tape ever :D it works like a charm stick it on and it falls off the walls and everything in a few days :D lol i say get one of them and do a small test spot somewhere on an older car. and see how you like that

essential.mix
09-14-2006, 07:46 PM
tape the pom poms to suction cups:poosie:

ashee
09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Suction cups is a good idea actually there are certain ones you can buy that have hooks to attatch behind something so just attatch the pom pom and then just stick it on

DC2
09-14-2006, 07:57 PM
^^ hahaha very expensive haha

this summer we used scotch tape. the REAL SHIT and it worked fine. it was in ottawa and it was +35 that day and nothing was wrong.

Dayclone
09-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Don't use tape!!! cause if it's 35 plus or even on a warm day the glue will melt and stick to ur car like a MOFO! so I dunno becareful in what you use I like the decal idea.... like a big white square? with your first name plus a heart and hers I dunno be creative.

Steve

CLiVE
09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Works fine with just scotch tape on windows and trim pieces.
Use goo-gone to get rid of glue if it stays on the windows.
Don't stick them directly on the paint.

Luke 96 T/A
09-15-2006, 10:20 AM
glue didn't do anything to my paint..

however, we had the silver pompoms, and they left dark carbon, or scratched my paint :(