PDA

View Full Version : bmw help needed

big mooe
09-14-2006, 06:34 PM
hey I just got this its a 93 bmw 318is. I was driving today and my rpm would just drop down and engine light would come up and then after like a second it would go back to normal and the engine light would go away. It did this like 7-8 times today and its only happening when I am driving slow like 50km/h or lower. Any one know what might the problem be I am scared of driving it especially in this weather please let me know what could the problem be?? anyone know?

VetteRacin
09-14-2006, 06:56 PM
check engine light means get the pcm read to see what the code is and go from there

cocoabrova
09-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Did you drive through a big puddle? Sounds like maybe you sucked up a little water or got some water on your air filter and it's messing up your MAF and/or MAF readings.....

big mooe
09-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Did you drive through a big puddle? Sounds like maybe you sucked up a little water or got some water on your air filter and it's messing up your MAF and/or MAF readings.....

well i drove over puddles but they were little ones could it be i was driving it all day in the rain and it doesnt have the front grils on it and water got through there? and it was out in the rain fro like 10 hours. And problem started today when i was driving home