PDA

View Full Version : SanDisk Sansa e200 series vs I-pod nano

Azn_chibi77
09-14-2006, 07:33 PM
I have finnaly found a product that can match or even beat out the i-pod nanos.4 gig nanos are about 230$ plus tax. You can get a 4gig SanDisk Sansa e260 for 217.95$ at memory express.(alot of stores will price match to it ie, london drugs, best buy, futureshop, etc..) I recently just got a e260 and its awsome. The SanDisk Sansa is better then the nano in almost every aspect. Im tired of seeing so many nanos out there so im writing this up. This is why a Sansa is so much better then a nano. A Sansa can play everything that a nano does except the Sansa can also play videos and has a FM Radio with it. The video quality is actually very good too. A Sansa is the same size of a nano except it is just a bit thicker but the Sansa has a bigger screen then the nano. The sansa also has a micro sd slot you can use to expand the memory of the player. Sansa also includes a voice recorder that is able to record stuff from the radio and also has a photo viewer. The battery life on the Sansa is 20 hours, and the Nano only has 14 hours of battery life. When you watch videos with the Sansa the battery life will drain quicker. The best part about a Sansa is that you can replace the lithium ion battery in the back. Once you charge it so many times like the i-pod it will lose its capacity, so they made it so that you can just get another battery and replace it.

Overall I can say i am very impressed and the Sanse e260 has been great so far. Software is easy to use and install. If your looking for a nano I suggest you change your mind on this one. The Sansa has a better design and comes in 2gb, 4gb, and 6gb formats. I hope this helps:D

CappyMcSlappy
09-15-2006, 03:40 PM
You can get one for quite a bit cheaper, around $160, plus free shipping here: http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=751689

They have a good selection of the sansas. I know its a studend discount site, but some of there products you dont have to be a student or teacher qualify for like their mp3 players..

5hift
09-15-2006, 04:12 PM
It may be better, but because of better commercials and not to mention how easy itunes is to use, ipods will always trump competition.

Akagi Redsuns
09-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
It may be better, but because of better commercials and not to mention how easy itunes is to use, ipods will always trump competition.

It's interesting how that is.

I bought the Sansa so I could load music without using iTunes lol! Don't want to load it on a computer just to put my music on my player, not to mention the lame way it renames the music files on your player to gibberish. Yeah yeah, I enjoy having control over the way my player works. :)

GQBalla
09-16-2006, 03:10 PM
itunes is absolute junk i hate it - but i have no need for a mp3 player no more - i have a mp3 phone, a laptop, a car - no need -
but good read! doesn't the nano play videos too?

Azn_chibi77
09-16-2006, 03:54 PM
itunes is gay. Putting songs onto my sansa is a breeze. No the nanos dont play videos.