PDA

View Full Version : Deck installation

bigbadboss101
09-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Are there any shops that can do installs same day?
I got an alpine deck I like to put into my Subara Outback. Only thing is I am only in town for a couple days.

GTS Jeff
09-14-2006, 08:29 PM
You could always offer to pay more to make them more cooperative haha.

What year is your Outback? I think the newer ones require a dash kit...and even if you have an older one with a DIN slot, you might want to call ahead to make sure they have the harness and antenna adapter.

bigbadboss101
09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Well, I have a 98 OBS. Stock cassette in there now. I bought my roomie's Alpine and here in Fort Mac the shop said they have to order part (I assume bracket?). So it might be $60 + parts.

I bought an Pioneer Inno XM portable radio cuz here we have two stations. So I can just use that, or I can put the Alpine in and havd CD too. I dunno, trying to save $$.

If I can go to a shop in Calgary this weekend and get it put in quickly for not expensive I would.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Well call them, book it in, and if they have the part, it'll take an hour to install, as long as its only the deck

SubyNinja
09-18-2006, 11:57 PM
I installed a deck in my buddy's 99 OBS and I have an 02 OBS... it's a straight in install. don't need a kit or antenna adapter. The wires are easy to figure out. If you're in Calgary again, PM me and I can fire that bad boy in there for you in 10mins!