PDA

View Full Version : challenging ELECTRICIAN first year

djhi9hlit3
09-14-2006, 08:29 PM
just wondering from people who went to first year classes? a couple of people i talked to and journeymen... said it was pretty easy and that u could probably challenge it and pass... wondering if anybody challenge it... do u think it would be better togo to school or just challenge it?

thanks in advance

pyro
09-14-2006, 10:06 PM
i think it would be best to go to school first, since there is a lot of math formulas that u need to know and might be a little diffucult to figure out on ur own... (im not the greatest math wiz though so u might be able to) also theres alot of codes and if u dont know how to use a code book ur screwed as well...(plus in school u go over the main codes alot so u start to remember where there located in the book, which will save u time)
Also school is fun...not so much the work part but u meet alot of good people and learn quite a bit..

frostyda9
09-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I got the course outline from the apprenticeship board and challenged the test. At the time it was $100 to take it, but I don't know what it is now. IMO if you can pass it, it's a waste of your time to sit in class for two months collecting EI.

msommers
09-21-2006, 08:49 PM
If you have taken physics, challenge it. Period.

danno
09-21-2006, 10:14 PM
i would go to school, first off you get paid to go to school, secondly it will help you out for second year (you'll know what's going on), thirdly it's a vacation from work. i kinda like going to school it's interesting.

redblack
09-23-2006, 12:29 PM
go get some 1st year modules and a 2006 codebook and challenge it, its not hard. If you took highschool physics it will help you out.
But if you fail the test, well maybe you should go to school

fast&dangr
09-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah, 1st year is a real brain-teaser. V=IR. HOLY SHIT MAN CALL IN STEPHEN FUCKIN HAWKING!!!!!!!!!