PDA

View Full Version : Survivor

BigDannyCool
09-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Did anyone watch it tonight. It's pretty interesting with the different ethnic groups as teams. The asian's kicked ass in the challenge. There's this old nammer dude named Cao Boi (cowboy) he's a funny old school refugee from the boats.

civic_stylez
09-14-2006, 11:06 PM
yeah i think ill get into this one..exile island is half the size of the last one too..gonna suck to get stuck on there.. i had to give buddy credit for jacking the extra chicken until the freak set them free...shes one of those peta people, totally did it on purpose!

szw
09-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Disappointed with asian team. Most are boring generic asians without personality. Hopefully they have some pearl harbour-like sneakyness. Won't watch anymore episodes because its too boring, but am interested in the results. I would bet a lot of money that the white team will not win.

BigDannyCool
09-14-2006, 11:11 PM
you can't tell me cao boi didn't have personality. He was funny. Taking the bad wind out of the dude to get rid of his headache. It worked too.

szw
09-14-2006, 11:12 PM
I said most, meaning everyone else but him. I should have clairified, sorry. The rest are all boring though.

fordo_11
09-14-2006, 11:15 PM
I think every group is filled with the sterotypic people from that ethnicity. I am a little disappointed they decided to go this route, for the fact we should look past racial lines in my opinion. At the same time I enjoy the fact the show isn't 17 straight white people, 1 black person, 1 asian person, and 1 homosexual. It is kind of nice to see a tv show make that kind of effort I am just sorry they had to do in this way. I am not sure how much of it I will actually watch this might be the season I lose interest in Survivor.

BigDannyCool
09-14-2006, 11:17 PM
it's kinda weird though...the filipino girl pointed out that the asians were all different anyways. her filipino, korean guy and korean girl, nammer dude, and the chinese hawaiian guy.

They really have nothing in common.

kerry
09-14-2006, 11:18 PM
I think this may be the first Survivor to make me want to
watch it again hahaha...

Cao Boi FTW!

Street_Soldier
09-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
it's kinda weird though...the filipino girl pointed out that the asians were all different anyways. her filipino, korean guy and korean girl, nammer dude, and the chinese hawaiian guy.

They really have nothing in common.

2 Koreans? Instead of doubling up on 2 they could have added some other nationalities.

gerrycurl21
09-14-2006, 11:57 PM
the white chicks are hot.

instead tribes they should just call them by race, cause we know we all will

cant wait for the racist jokes next week

rage2
09-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Dude Cao Boi is the shit! Fucking hilarious with the getting rid of the headache. Dude had a red mark on his forehead for the rest of the show.

Asian Invasion, don't fuck with yellow power... 1st place bitches! :rofl:

Originally posted by civic_stylez
the freak set them free...shes one of those peta people, totally did it on purpose!
haha I think she's just a stoner, and haven't sobered up yet. That was such a stoner moment... checking the chickens and they just run off.

vietdood
09-15-2006, 07:23 AM
i just finished watching it after downloading it with BT. cao bui is going to be a favourite for the people at home but not on his tribe. if they lose a challenge it'll either be jenny or cao boi that goes first unless someone on the puka tribe f's up majorly. hopefully they keep winning challenges so cao boi can stay on the show.

topher91
09-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Yellow Power!?

We got the Flips representing now!! Woot woot :clap: :clap:

But ya, Coi Boi is the shit haha.....

:goflames:

Chris

SinisterProbeGt
09-15-2006, 09:24 AM
it was so funny to see what each race is going to build as a shelter.
when I say the black team start building theres I turned to the girlfriend and said "I Bet there is going to be some ghetto style in that"
And not 5 seconds later the big guy suggests that they simply lean some leaves over the log to make a lean to.
and somone says. Man thats ghetto. :rofl:

sputnik
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
It amazes me that nobody on the show has the insight to check the internet and learn how to build a shelter and build a fire before they go on the show.

rage2
09-15-2006, 09:55 AM
haha I dunno how great of an idea this racial segragation is... because after 1 episode, it has reenforced a whole bunch of racial stereotypes. I feel like such a racist pointing it all out :rofl:.

Oh well, I'm a visibile minority, so it's not really racist right? lol

CRXguy
09-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Cao Boi? That's an awesome name. :rofl:

I might have to watch this then. First time since the very first one.

DJ Lazy
09-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Equility groups all over the world (or atleast places that see Survivor) are gonna have a hayday with this, and had actually started before it even aired the first episode...

Gutsy move on the part of CBS and the Producers... :rofl:

I will watch.. I watch every season.. just for laughs..

ashee
09-15-2006, 02:55 PM
I like the asian team the best so far.
I love how the guy with the red mark on his forehead busts out the namebrand ball cap to cover up his face, haha.

jay42w8
09-15-2006, 03:12 PM
^thats because he is gay and is fashion designer for lucky jeans...:rofl: how typical

the brunnette on the white team is hot...she is a boxer too

ashee
09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
He's gay? Really? I didn't see the very beginning, that would explain the way he talks haha.

mekeni
09-15-2006, 03:45 PM
cao boi !!!
awesome name !!!!
:eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Justing
09-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by rage2
haha I dunno how great of an idea this racial segragation is... because after 1 episode, it has reenforced a whole bunch of racial stereotypes. I feel like such a racist pointing it all out :rofl:.

Oh well, I'm a visibile minority, so it's not really racist right? lol

But its so true...

Black team: "lets build us a ghetto" and... they "shelter" sucked balls

And you knew for DAMN SURE that the asians were going to win the challenge. It was puzzles for shits sake!!

Theres so much uber racist shit to point out, but i dont wanna get banned haha

no_joke
09-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Nate and Sekou couldn't contain themselves when they got to choose someone to be sent to Exile Island.
"Yeah, yeah that's the dude who stole the chickens."
"Yeah, yeah"

"My man, they say karma is a bizzle.."

So they banish the second-tier guy on the third place team who seems to be a low-level risk at this point. Instead of picking one of the jocky types they get revenge on the chicken thief. Great...

gerrycurl21
09-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Whats wrong with going to exile island? Are you just secluded from your team for a while?

beecue
09-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by no_joke
Nate and Sekou couldn't contain themselves when they got to choose someone to be sent to Exile Island.
"Yeah, yeah that's the dude who stole the chickens."
"Yeah, yeah"

"My man, they say karma is a bizzle.."

So they banish the second-tier guy on the third place team who seems to be a low-level risk at this point. Instead of picking one of the jocky types they get revenge on the chicken thief. Great...

hahahaha thats jokes .. this is the first survivor episodes ive seen .. it was ok ... but i dunno if i wanna keep watching .. there is enough other shows i watch .. smallville starting soon too

BigDannyCool
09-17-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
Whats wrong with going to exile island? Are you just secluded from your team for a while?

yeah you get separated from your team on a small island. There's little water and not much else there.

Dayclone
09-17-2006, 02:24 AM
This show is promoting racism is America.... that's all it's doing
can't you see? I hate this show and someone should really sue
to shut them down once in for all. This is what happens when you run out of ideas to attract viewers. Why not have a Survivor: Antartica then we shall see who will really loose and win or perhaps die. What ever... I'm sure a lot of people are going to agree with me on this one when they say it's quite racist.

Steve

jay42w8
09-17-2006, 03:31 AM
^ buddy..how is this any different from the World Cup? there is no hatred of any race here...just rooting for your own people thats all

marko polo
09-17-2006, 03:46 AM
i heard the groups will be split up soon and the races will slowly mix into seperate groups making the game less racist

ashee
09-17-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't see how the show is being racist really, they aren't saying anything derogetory towards any of the races and they are using politically correct terms when referring to the groups. It's the same as dividing them by hair color, size, gender, age, etc. just a new twist for the show.

5hift
09-17-2006, 10:24 AM
This is the first survivor that has raised this kind of discussion and interest, so obviously it was a job done well by whoever's idea it was.

Its funny though how everyone is saying its building rasict stereotypes. From what I've gotten from the show so far, is alot of the stereotypes we have are pretty accurate. When there was some rafting/swimming challenge my friend made some comment about how the black team was fucked because black people cant swim. His girlfriend went on and on for the whole commericals how thats so racist only to watch the black team finish last by a mile when the challenge ended.

I am dissapointed that there's no brown team though, but then again, they'd probably finish dead last and be agruing with each other the whole time.

BigDannyCool
09-21-2006, 11:54 PM
The Asians won another challenge.

hb2k
09-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
I am dissapointed that there's no brown team though, but then again, they'd probably finish dead last and be agruing with each other the whole time.

Now there's a racist mothaF**ker lol

DJ Lazy
09-22-2006, 12:19 PM
LMAO..... Love at first sight... You have gotta be kidding me!!!

Awesome to see Yul get the hidden immunity idol! Damn those smart asains..:D

Cai Boi is starting to cause some headaches by the looks of it... Go figure, the guy that can get rid of them, causes them.. :rofl:

racin_jayson
09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone
This show is promoting racism is America.... that's all it's doing
can't you see? I hate this show and someone should really sue
to shut them down once in for all. This is what happens when you run out of ideas to attract viewers. Why not have a Survivor: Antartica then we shall see who will really loose and win or perhaps die. What ever... I'm sure a lot of people are going to agree with me on this one when they say it's quite racist.

Steve

How is it promoting racism? There are no racial slurs in the tribe names, Everyone in the game is an american citizen, there is no special treatment for any one tribe. they are all equal....anytime people of different ethnic backgrounds are separated someone always cries foul.... just enjoy the show for the wet boobies if nothing else.

B17a
09-22-2006, 02:19 PM
That Billy fool is a moron, what a lazy bum. As bad as it was for them to throw the challenge, I probably would have done the same. Cao Boi is a funny guy, the other asians in taht group really are sensitive about his jokes. They don't seem like a group of back slapping jokers, no sense of humour.

yellowsnow
09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
they got asian pride! hehe!

but that was hilarious when that hispanic guy said he loved that girl :rofl: he's in his own little world. I believe the two white chicks said 'we love you' cuz he said he was going next and everyone hates him, and that means love at first sight for him :D

And puleezzee. this show isn't racist.... YET. I swear you crazy activisits are always calling out racism/sexism whenver there is a segregation of races... there's no bad mouthing, name calling, or racial slurs AT ALL. just enjoy the show ffs

mekeni
09-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
they got asian pride! hehe!

And puleezzee. this show isn't racist.... YET. I swear you crazy activisits are always calling out racism/sexism whenver there is a segregation of races... there's no bad mouthing, name calling, or racial slurs AT ALL. just enjoy the show ffs

:werd:

hjr
09-22-2006, 03:14 PM
WHITE POWER!!!!

dodger97
12-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Thread revival...

So has anyone watched at all??

Tonight's season finale...damn - was rooting for Ozzie.

toyboy88
12-18-2006, 12:38 AM
yea i watched i was going for YUL actually lol

is it just me or does partiva look so much hotter w/o all the makeup :dunno: :hitit:

samo147
12-18-2006, 12:56 AM
i wonder what cowboy was trying to say when jeff cut him off..

the ethnic thing kind of got my back to watching survivor this season

i kind of feel bad for ozzie since it seems like he needs the money more than yul.

oh well thought this season was kind of boring though
i dont think ill watch it anymore since survivors basically the same every season just with different people.

oh and cant forget about the firestarting match
haha
cant start a fire with matches...???

dodger97
12-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah...I was curious about what Cao Boi was trying to say as well.

The next one could be interesting...seems like one tribe will have "luxury" treatment while the other has nothing.

I have to admit - even when the season is boring - I can't stop watching it.

I do admire how Yul played the "strategy" but Ozzie was definitely the "physical" winner. Oh well, he got a new car and 2nd place prize money.

toyboy88
12-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by dodger97

I have to admit - even when the season is boring - I can't stop watching it.

:werd: :dunno: :nut:

B17a
12-18-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm glad Yul won, although I would have been happy with Ozzie, he really played well. I am embarassed for Becky and Sundra, I mean how the fuck did they take an hour and a half to not start a fire with flint and coconut husks? Isn't that the equivalent of gasoline for starting fires? Then running out of matches?? I'm glad no one voted for Becky, if you cant start a freakin' fire after 39 days in the bush, you definitely didn't and couldn't "survive".

yellowsnow
12-18-2006, 10:56 AM
lol yeah that was hilarious how even with matches they had a hard time getting fire going... and when sundra used up all her matches, jeff was like, 'too bad you're screwed'

if you didn't learn how to start fire after 39 days, wtf were you doing the whole time?

i'm glad yul won the money, but ozzie looked really sad when he didn't win the million bucks... even when he got the car, he didn't look very excited

cbinteg
12-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I couldn't believe how much weight Ozzie put back on after leaving survivor..I guess he really missed his food.

I'm glad Yul won though, especially since everybody was making him out to be the bad guy cuz he has the immunity idol and all that. Although Ozzie did play oh helluva physical game.