WHAT no rbc man cmon y not add rbc in there :D

Honda EXR
09-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
WHAT no rbc man cmon y not add rbc in there :D

Damn, I knew I forgot one.... MOD can you please add RBC... Thanx

Freestylin
09-16-2006, 12:15 AM
RBC FTW!!!!!!!! hahha..well im kinda biased cuz i work there...

euro_racer
09-16-2006, 12:19 AM
even tho i heard alot of bad things for cibc, i picked them because they are my bank lol...no problems so far (knock on wood) :thumbsup:

Kobe
09-16-2006, 12:27 AM
isn't PC Financial a sub bank of CIBC.....

TD for the win!

jcrules99
09-16-2006, 12:38 AM
TD FTW INDEED!

JAYMEZ
09-16-2006, 01:31 AM
RBC

szw
09-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Honda EXR
& why?

CarbonCopy
09-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Scotia, the only bank I've had. Had an account collecting interest since I was 1.

iblizzard
09-16-2006, 02:07 AM
I've got PC and ING direct..
Used to be with BMO since I was a wee little tot, but they ended up having ridiculous holds that they wouldn't change (they were holding CASH that i would deposit at a teller...).
Been really happy with PC and ING though.. only downside is if I need to see a teller or talk to someone in person, not too easy for that.

I've never been a customer of RBC, but one of my friends changes rolls of change in for me there, and every time I've been in the crowfoot location I get the WORST feeling about the staff there. They all seem to hate their job and don't take the proper time with the customer.. really turned me off from them.

CarbonCopy
09-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Scotia isn't great from what I hear of other banks. Endless lines, cashback is good, but just poor overall stuff to offer.

Ajay
09-16-2006, 02:39 AM
CIBC.....had them as a bank for my loans, student loans, Visa, RRSPs, savings/chequing account, stocks....etc.

Never had any problems and quite accomodating when it comes to increasing limits (withdrawal, cash, credit) and very accomodating in service fees and interest rates.

CIBC is the tits.

adamc
09-16-2006, 03:24 AM
RBC, they treat me well, give me cheap money when I need it, etc.

ashee
09-16-2006, 08:20 AM
BMO because it's my bank

CRXguy
09-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard
Used to be with BMO since I was a wee little tot, but they ended up having ridiculous holds that they wouldn't change (they were holding CASH that i would deposit at a teller...).
Been really happy with PC and ING though.. only downside is if I need to see a teller or talk to someone in person, not too easy for that.

I use PC and ING as well. I pay all my bills online through my bank account, so I don't have to deal with stupid bank tellers.

No banking fees FTW! :thumbsup:

ashee
09-16-2006, 09:22 AM
RBC is crap, I had a savings account there and every month I'd get my statement and I would have a negative balance so I'd put more money in to get back into the positive and next month same thing negative again. Eventually I stopped putting money in because it was pointless and I went to check my balance one day and they had closed my account on me.

HybridTheory
09-16-2006, 10:46 AM
PC ftw!

I've never had any problems with them and I love how they have no service fees. I never carry cash with me so it's great how I can use my debit card all the time.

HRD2PLZ
09-18-2006, 08:02 AM
I bank with CIBC, Royal and TD. I like them all in their own way... For the purpose of this poll I chose TD. Picking a bank is a personal choice, there is no right or wrong choice. It's whatever works best for you.

NGRPLZ.NET
09-18-2006, 08:14 AM
RBC is a joke. They "by accident" posted 3 nsf cheques to my account.. none of them were mine since I've never written a check in my life.

Scotia.

ogpog
09-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Fuck CIBC. I was a customer of theirs for about a decade, coming from RBC. And guess who im back at now? RBC.;)

accord885
09-18-2006, 08:23 AM
RBC & ING

hjr
09-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ashee
RBC is crap, I had a savings account there and every month I'd get my statement and I would have a negative balance so I'd put more money in to get back into the positive and next month same thing negative again. Eventually I stopped putting money in because it was pointless and I went to check my balance one day and they had closed my account on me. how much did you put in, 4 dollars?

gran turismo
09-18-2006, 08:44 AM
I choose Scotia Bank. I've always banked there and even worked there for about a year. The reason I haven't changed is I really like their online banking system. I can only compare it to RBC's (my girlfriend banks there) and Scotia's is much easier to navigate. Honestly, I don't go into the bank to talk to anyone. I haven't been into a branch in years. If I have any questions/concerns, I phone Telescotia and get things done over the phone in almost no time. You can do all your banking over the phone and just go into your branch to sign the papers.

Lex350
09-18-2006, 09:13 AM
never RBC again!

the last straw for them was they issued some person cheques with the bank account number for my 6 year old daughter's account. Of course it was cleaned out instantly. Did we get an apology....no!
But if I have bounced a cheque they would have been all over us.

Another thing...don't transfer money from one bank to RBC. They messed that one up big time. It took 3 weeks to get straightened out.

Scotia had been perfect since we switched to them.

adam c
09-18-2006, 09:18 AM
i have a TD and ATB (since i work there)

i like the locations, hours and online banking of TD better

but i like the employees and tellers of ATB better

Nitron88
09-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Agreed, RBC seems to have less of a service in comparison to other banks. They seem to hire those who dont care too much about their job or their customers. I was also quite turned off by the looks and attitudes of the tellers.

Originally posted by iblizzard

I've never been a customer of RBC, but one of my friends changes rolls of change in for me there, and every time I've been in the crowfoot location I get the WORST feeling about the staff there. They all seem to hate their job and don't take the proper time with the customer.. really turned me off from them.

nonsane
09-19-2006, 01:11 PM
The lady at RBC flipped out at me for looking at the screen to which she turned to the previous customer....

what do you expect?

So i switched to First Calgary and they have always been good, I have never had a problem with a teller ever, and they make sure to hire people who are friendly, if you're under 21 you can't beat their Young Savers account either. (you have to register before you are 21, but you can use the account until you are 25)

20 Transactions per month free. online/phone banking etc etc.

GQBalla
09-19-2006, 01:38 PM
td ftw!!! never had a problem - i was with cibc and i hated it -

stevieo
09-19-2006, 01:48 PM
bmo is a piece haha.
I went ot the bank with my friends a few times at BMO, holy shit dude, GET SOME FUCKING TELLERS!

line ups starting at the front door, 2 tellers are working slow as fuck.

but anyways, i'm with TD, i enjoy them, treat me well enough.
do online banking so I don't have to deal with them, only time is "IF" i need cash, i just drop into the ATM.

heavyD
09-19-2006, 01:54 PM
They are all fucking crooks so it's like election voting, a pick your poison thing. I choose CIBC because they have bank machines at all the 7/11 & Macs stores.

Altezza
09-19-2006, 02:01 PM
I have no "favorite" bank per se. I use different banks for different reasons. Some have strengths in certain areas where the others do not.

frostyda9
09-19-2006, 10:35 PM
TD FTW. I will never deal with RBC ever, ever again. I still deal with CIBC in a limited capacity, but almost everything got moved to TD.

edit - oh and for the reason: I wanted out of RBC for many reasons, and decided to transfer to TD. I was so impressed with the people that worked there, the reasonable account fees, service, and good overall "feel", that I ended up getting my mortgage through them as well. For reference, my branch is the South Trail Crossing one. Every single time I've been inside doing banking it's been a positive experience.

As heavyD points out...yes, they are all fucking crooks. But, if every bank is going to try and bend you over anyway, why not choose to deal with the one that at least gives you a smile before they do it? ;)

nonsane
09-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh yeah, i had an account 72 cents in it at RBC and didn't touch it for 1 year.

After a year i got a letter in the mail saying if i didn't use the account they would charge me a 20 dollar inactive account fee, and close the account.

So i took my 72 cents, and closed the account.