PDA

View Full Version : World Financial?

bluerush
09-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Has anybody heard of these guys before? reputable?

I had a *presentation* by a friend of a friend, basically about the smith manoeuver, but don't know much about the company. They have a website - but that usually doesn't mean too much.

Most banks now offer the HELOC they refer to, so I'm more inclined to go that way.

:dunno:

sputnik
09-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Search for them on Beyond or Google.

You will quickly learn that its a big scam.

EnRich
09-18-2006, 10:20 AM
scam.... I was in it once... fucking junkies...

adam c
09-18-2006, 10:29 AM
World FInancial

Altig International

anything under red umbrealla besides Citi Mastercard

those are to name a few bs companies

TheWholeTruth
10-05-2006, 02:01 PM
If your experience with World Income sounds even remotely similar to my experience with Altig International (A.I.L.), then I'd recommend you be very careful.

I won't go as far as to say that Altig International (American Income Life) is a "scam" but I will say this: Partial truth is not really truth - it's nothing more than a lie in disguise. And these guys only provide you with the partial truth when they hire you.

I was a hiring manager for this company so not only am I familiar with the licencing/selling processes of this company, but I am also familiar with how/why people are hired and what they can expect along the way.

There ARE agents who are successful at Altig International (AIL). But I'm going to be REALLY upfront with you here about what it takes to be successful there. Then you decide for yourself with the whole truth........

The recruiting department of Altig International is nothing more than another sales department. We had quotas as to how many people we had to hire per week because we knew that: of the people we hired, less than half would make it through the licencing process; of the people who got their licence, less than half would get through the training process; of the people who made it through training ... maybe one, MAYBE two of them would be selling insurance with us for maybe the next year. This is not because these people were unintelligent, either. They had a lot of odds against them.......

As I said, I had a weekly hiring quota. Hiring Managers were promised commissions based on how many of our personal new hires made it through the entire process and actually made a sale. Problem was, you only began to earn commissions if you had two or three hires making their first sale at the same time. Well, let's just say, in the several months I was there, I never saw one dollar of commission. Never more than one hire got to their first sale at a time. In fact, most left the company before they even got to that point, or shortly after.

Here's why............

When I hired people, I had a few scripts to follow: one, the script I used to get them in the door; two, the script I used for the first interview, to make them feel important yet still question whether or not I wanted to hire them; three, the script I used during the second interview to convince them this was the opportunity of a lifetime; four, the final script I used in the third interview where I made them feel like they were the "cream of the crop", the "best of the best", and that this opportunity would not be given to just anyone.

Funny thing is, because of my quota, my sole purpose there was to hire as many people as I could - cream of the crop or not. I tried to hire everyone from teenagers working at McDonald's to geologists from other countries who could not get regular work due to immigration laws. I tried to hire everyone and anyone who would take the bait so that I would earn my own commissions (.......commissions I never did see. Did I mention that?).

I was upfront with my potential new hires about the fact that they would be expected to invest in their own licencing (buy their own books, pay for their own exams). I was upfront about the fact that they would be without an income during this licencing process, and during their subsequent training. I was upfront about the fact that it was a 100% commission position and they would not start seeing their first commission cheques until after they made their first sale. I would tell them, "Expect to be without an income for between 4 to 6 weeks. Then expect to start seeing a major income."

So, I was being partially upfront with them, yes. But here's the WHOLE truth that they didn't get upfront:

- VERY FEW people can make it through that licencing program in the 2-3 weeks the hiring managers tell them it takes. This is legitimate, heavy-duty study material. Most people will take twice that long to get through. Some won't pass the exam the first time, and will have to try to take it again (which adds another week onto the licencing process.)

- By this point, these people have been without an income for 6 or more weeks. Their bills are piling up, and the stress of those money struggles are piling up with them. But now that they've passed the licencing exam, they're expected to go without income for ANOTHER 4 weeks while they go through inhouse training with other agents.

- This job requires people to work evenings and weekends. It is not as flexible as hiring managers make it out to be in the initial interviewing process. Once you're licenced, the other agents will drive you to WORK, WORK, WORK, seven days a week. "Pay the price for success!" they'll tell you.

- But you're warn down by now. You're exhausted. You're not seeing much of your family because you're working really hard. You're also (presumably) behind in your bills because you went without an income for a couple of months.......AND, on top of that, all your expenses for this job (travel, gas, hotels, food, pens, paper) is coming out of your own pocket. Yes, all these expenses are tax deductible at the end of the year. But what good is that if you have no disposable income to feed your family during the year?

Here's the whole truth: There ARE people who succeed in this business. I've seen it myself. But those people are few and far between.

If you want to succeed at this, you have to make sure you have some kind of financial buffer to cover your ass while you're going through all this licencing and training. I would recommend that you have at least 5 to 6 months worth of income stashed away to support yourself because, don't kid yourself, that's how much you're going to need to get your business off the ground. (And how many of us have an extra six-month nestegg laying around that we're willing to possibly throw away on a job where a small percentage of the people hired actually stay?)

Another thing you have to be prepared for, if you want to succeed at this job, is that you will be WORKING seven days per week. Altig International (A.I.L.) will guilt you into believing that your job should be you're number one priority. You must give, give, give. You must be willing to "invest in yourself" to succeed. Funny thing is, though, they won't invest anything in you. They won't help to pay for your licencing, or pay you a small salary to get you through the training.

They want you to "invest in yourself" before you've seen tangible results. But they won't "invest in you" until you've shown them tangible results. That's the truth. (I already know how Altig International reps will counter this statement. They'll say, "We invest in our people by providing them with some leads and insurance forms." Well, here's what I say to that: that's not your investment in your people; that's simply your cost of doing business. It's a given that you should provide that to your people.)

Anyway, so, is it worth it? That's your decision. It certainly wasn't worth it for me. I found it all very hypocritical, to be honest with you. I came to a point where I felt sick to my stomach when I hired new people, because I feared I was setting them up for bankruptcy.

I saw MANY very professional, hard-working people leave that company in order to avoid personal bankruptcy. They walked out feeling terrible about themselves, feeling like they'd failed. I want them to know that they were not failures. NONE of them. They were all wonderful people who were not given the whole truth right from the start and then realized, a little too late, that a career with this company was not going to deliver what they had originally expected. They were human.

Cavey
10-05-2006, 02:23 PM
My mother in law just got hooked into working with WFG, she paid 540.00 to sign me up and now is pressuring me into doing it with her. I don't know what to do.

TheWholeTruth
10-05-2006, 02:44 PM
If your mother in law wants to give this career a go, then so be it. Good for her. But it is not fair for her to be pressuring you into it. Why not tell her you're going to wait for a year to see how successful she is at this. Once you see her tangible results, it will give you the fuel and drive you're going to need to start building your own business. It's a tough gig. It's not impossible. But it's tough. Don't kid yourself. Wait and see how her experience goes before you get involved. And, by all means, let her read my replies. I speak from firsthand experience.

abyss
10-05-2006, 02:47 PM
WFG FTMFL. Had enough experiences with them to make that decision.

TheWholeTruth
10-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Pardon my ignorance ... I'm new to texting and internet forums ... but what does "FTMFL" mean?

bigboom
10-05-2006, 03:06 PM
for the mother fucking loss? thats my guess...

QuasarCav
10-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by TheWholeTruth
Pardon my ignorance ... I'm new to texting and internet forums ... but what does "FTMFL" mean?

I have no clue, kids these days....

Toma
10-05-2006, 07:58 PM
I went to one of their presentations cause the chick that invited me had a GREAT ass....

but they are a total scam and pyrmaid scheme. They have no intention of helping nayone, they just wanna keep signing people up under them.

Roaches.

And FUCK are they aggressive.

Cruz
10-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Turn around and run fast in the other direction.

Here's an interesting site for reference...

http://wfg.happycondo.com/

TheWholeTruth
10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
So, there you have it. Great link. Sounds like World Financial is the same thing as Altig International. Don't bother!

Canmorite
10-06-2006, 09:47 AM
RUN as fast as you can.

abyss
10-06-2006, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by bigboom
for the mother fucking loss? thats my guess...

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by QuasarCav

I have no clue, kids these days....

:rofl: :rofl: did you just call me a kid?

HuMz
10-19-2006, 07:55 PM
World financial group, Altig group, Excel Communication's......are all pretty much the same. Very few will make it big, yet they all try to sell to you that if you join with them you will be set for life.

Not too mention the fact if you wanna make money you have to piss off and hound everyone in your personal life just to get them to sign up.

ricosuave
10-19-2006, 09:52 PM
think about it - if it sounds too good to be true...

fucking maggots, they got a brief discussion with me before i told them to fuck off

Zephyr
10-19-2006, 10:08 PM
its a well known scam. its huge in america..tons of american idiots fall for it everyday, i had two "agents" try to recruit me...they said i asked too many questions and decided not to continue LOL

bluerush
10-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks for confirming my suspicions...

:bullshit:

GorG
10-25-2006, 05:26 PM
what about the licence... is that legit at all? or is the licence bullshit as well? I'm pretty pissed off i should have done a search on beyond earlier. My own buddy sucked me into it along with one of my other friends we figured that he was a friend and there was no need to bullshit. He gave us some numbers that hes making around 50 k a year. and he does own a house and a new car so we figured he was telling the truth. So we each paid the 295 to get started (we have jobs on the side which we pretty much do shit all at good old telus) and figured what the hell why not, we'll get the licence while we work at telus and everything will be good. I'm pissed off now and i can't wait to get off work and meet up with my buddy. Anyways so whats the deal with the licence do you learn anything from it will it help me in any way or is it just a waste of time?

ecstasy_civic
10-25-2006, 07:53 PM
2 guys from my work are going to do this.... :rolleyes:

TheWholeTruth
10-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by GorG
what about the licence... is that legit at all?

Yes, the licence is legitimate. What you're paying for, in the Alberta Altig office anyway (can't speak for other offices), is the books you need in order to study for your provincial insurance licence, and you also have to pay to take the test and get your licence. None of that money goes to Altig. It goes to the company who provides the books, and the provincial government who issues the exams. (As for other offices, I've read complaints on the Internet that there are extra fees being charged on top of the books/licencing fees. I don't know what those extra fees would be for, so I'd be wary of them.)

So, anyway, the licence itself is legit. Once you have that licence, you can work for any insurance company within the province where you're licenced. But you have to keep that licence up through the years. You also need a different licence for each province you want to work in.

I always wondered why Altig couldn't/wouldn't help new hires pay for their books/licences. Even if they paid 50% of the fee, and paid new hires a bit of a salary while they were in training, it would help people out tremendously. That's why I wrote earlier, "They want you to 'invest in yourself' before you've seen tangible results. But they won't 'invest in you' until you've shown them tangible results." It all seemed pretty hyprocritical to me.

That's my two cents. Hope it helps.

TheWholeTruth
10-25-2006, 10:44 PM
One more bit of recommended reading, before you decide to work for Altig International........

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=265177#post265177

Read page two of this thread, where it talks about the high turnover in the office. Yes, the licencing is legitimate, but the probability of success is low. Two of us were having a conversation on this site about why there might be such high turnover there. Maybe that's what they want in the long run.........

Hard to say.

Anyway, good luck, whatever choice you make in this regard.

jasm
10-27-2006, 11:43 PM
why would they be number 1 in canada if they were a scam

http://www.investmentexecutive.com/client/en/News/DetailNews.asp?Id=35020&cat=29&IDSection=29&p

??

Toma
10-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by jasm

http://www.investmentexecutive.com/client/en/News/DetailNews.asp?Id=35020&cat=29&IDSection=29&p

??
investmentexecutive.com? never heard of them..... nor has google. Phony Cover?

TheWholeTruth
10-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by jasm
??

Companies (particularly public companies) can spin their numbers however they want to make themselves look good in the media. Maybe they do have high sales. Maybe Altig/American Income Life also has good sales. But at what expense?

Again, I invite you to read the conversations going on in the below thread:

If 40 agents are hired, each makes 2 sales, then they all quit their jobs before their six-month anniversary, the Insurance Company makes tons of money because they don't have to pay residuals on those sales to their agents.

So, maybe the company is successful in itself, but it's at the expense of it's employees. Which, in the end, is also at the expense of it's customers............

Think about this: Would you, as a consumer, be comfortable buying insurance from someone who just got their licence and doesn't understand much about the long-term consequences of making a mistake when writing up an insurance form? Most of the agents at A.I.L. are brand new and don't have a clue. They learn as they go. People need a good year or more at a job like this to totally understand all the different scenarios before they can properly recommend an insurance program to another person. But, unfortunately, most of the agents there do not have that experience.

........so, not only is it a difficult place for employees, it's also a precarious situation for the customers buying the insurance ... even though the company's overall numbers might look good (successful) in the media.

jasm
10-28-2006, 05:09 PM

Companies (particularly public companies) can spin their numbers however they want to make themselves look good in the media. Maybe they do have high sales. Maybe Altig/American Income Life also has good sales. But at what expense?

Again, I invite you to read the conversations going on in the below thread:

If 40 agents are hired, each makes 2 sales, then they all quit their jobs before their six-month anniversary, the Insurance Company makes tons of money because they don't have to pay residuals on those sales to their agents.

So, maybe the company is successful in itself, but it's at the expense of it's employees. Which, in the end, is also at the expense of it's customers............

Think about this: Would you, as a consumer, be comfortable buying insurance from someone who just got their licence and doesn't understand much about the long-term consequences of making a mistake when writing up an insurance form? Most of the agents at A.I.L. are brand new and don't have a clue. They learn as they go. People need a good year or more at a job like this to totally understand all the different scenarios before they can properly recommend an insurance program to another person. But, unfortunately, most of the agents there do not have that experience.

........so, not only is it a difficult place for employees, it's also a precarious situation for the customers buying the insurance ... even though the company's overall numbers might look good (successful) in the media.

ya that is true but once u get ur licence u have many field trainers that have expericance for more then 2 years such as my field trainers which have been in wfg for 7 years and other one for 3 years ( and i noe this is true beacause i know them through my family) and even when u go alone to help some1 after a few months they still go through ur paperwork and check everything u chose for the person behalf of the persons interest

old&slow
10-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by abyss

:thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: did you just call me a kid?

Your denying it! :whipped:

ZorroAMG
10-28-2006, 07:00 PM
There is a member on beyond that pushes that crap, surprised he hasn't chimed in yet...shame, he's a nice guy.

Toma
10-29-2006, 02:32 AM
Well what pisses me off is that I went, they gave this presentations where some stuttering idiot bragged how much money he made by "helping" families with their finances... he had this monsterous ring he showed off, yet wore $30 shoes.

So I was like "GREAT!", I could always use some financial tips, but there were none, just high pressure to become a salesmen.

And you make your money by recruiting salesmen under you, like a giant pyramid scheme.... the higher up you go, the bigger the percentage you take from all the sales the guys you recruited do, and you also get a percentage of the guys that your recruits recruited and so on....

Complete joke.

ecstasy_civic
10-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Some motherfucker just called me harrassing me, about this... How this came about is, that kid at my work who I told 3 times previously, I wanted nothing to do with it, gave him my number.

Who the fuck do these people think they are, I tell him im busy watching a movie with my gf and dont really wanna talk about it right now, and proceeds to give me his pitch on how I have an amazing opportunity in front of me, how he left his 400k/yr job to do this:rolleyes: He continued on AFTER I told him 3 more times that I dont really think I want anything to do with it, he ask's me if I can give him some names and numbers of people I know, so he can call them:rofl:

In all honesty, if your such a successful business person, and so good at persuding people, why would you just irritate someone by completely ignoring them???

FUCK WORLD FINANCIAL:devil:

/rant

Toma
10-31-2006, 02:14 AM
Yep, totally... I only went cause like I said, the chick that invited me was hot.... now the only time she calls or texts me is trying to get me to give her phone numbers of people that I know. Finally, I told her I just dont know anyone lol... so she sees me at the bar with a girlfriend of mine and gives me attitude..... and says "I thought you said you didn't know anyone." LOL

These people are fucking wacko :nut: They got some sort of cult thing going, I am sure of that lol.

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
Some motherfucker just called me harrassing me, about this... How this came about is, that kid at my work who I told 3 times previously, I wanted nothing to do with it, gave him my number.

Who the fuck do these people think they are, I tell him im busy watching a movie with my gf and dont really wanna talk about it right now, and proceeds to give me his pitch on how I have an amazing opportunity in front of me, how he left his 400k/yr job to do this:rolleyes: He continued on AFTER I told him 3 more times that I dont really think I want anything to do with it, he ask's me if I can give him some names and numbers of people I know, so he can call them:rofl:

In all honesty, if your such a successful business person, and so good at persuding people, why would you just irritate someone by completely ignoring them???

FUCK WORLD FINANCIAL:devil:

/rant

szw
10-31-2006, 04:16 AM
Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning.

QuasarCav
10-31-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by szw
Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning.

Seinfeld?

yohan4ws
11-08-2006, 01:12 AM
I waited for a long time and went back and forth on weather or not I should write up a reply to this thread.... Reason being, I have more information on World Financial Group than any of the above posters combined.

The reason I know this, is because I am a licensed associate of World Financial Group Insurance Company of Canada. I have been associated with this firm for just about 2 years now.

All evidence of above posts points to nobody having proper education on how we operate, why we run business the way we do, and as well how we are NOT a scam and are no way illigitimate.

I work in an office, located in Suite 440, 325 25 St SE. (WFG Securities of Canada).

First, some credibility ::

We have sponsored a chuck wagon for the past 2 years Buddy Bensmiller:
http://cs.calgarystampede.com/chuckwagons/chucks/rangeland_derby/drivers/

We sponsor Zach Johnson PGA golf.
http://www.aegon.com/download/20060131_baird.pdf

We also sponsor nascar drivers: Dany O'quinn Jr... We had Carl Edwards too
http://www.wfgracing.com/

We sponsor the Furby Four Curling team.. but i can't find any links on them.

It's long and I hope I have cleared up much misconception regarding any uneducated opinions or bad experiences people have had. Don't slander a whole company based on one person who may not have been perfect in his/her trade.

For my privacy and protection, I am witholding my real name and am can not be held responsible for any misconceptions or items stated out of fact in the below. (this is mostly said to protect me if any complaince officers come accross this post)

If anybody has any comments or corrections to anything I have stated, please private message me and I will change any info that I have overlooked. I can also be e-mailed at [email protected].

I will not be posting any more information in this thread and will ignore any future posts or rebutles to what I have said.

World Financial Group IS a reputable company, it is not a scam. It is not a pyramid (Pyramids are illegal btw).

It is highly regulated by compliance of the federal government - as all financial institutions are.

What most people don't know, is that World Financial Group is owned and backed by Aegon (http://www.aegon.com) A company that is one of the largest in the world with assets in the range of $400 Billion. Aegon is a Dutch company based out of the netherlands, they were looking for more north american distribution arms to team up with chose World Financial Group.

Aegon also owns Transamerica. If you are familiar with the triangle looking building in San Francisco (http://www.aviewoncities.com/sf/transamerica.htm). Transamerica, like World Financial Group is a member of the Aegon conglomerate.

Because of compliance, I can't make many statements about our company since I can be held liable for any information that can be taken out of context. As well, there are strict regulations with posting any type of advertisements or flyers in public places. (Seem like a scam with this much regulation by law?)

World Financial Group is an independant Investment and Insurance broker (one of the top 3 in Canada) and through the WFG name, we are able to access companies such as Franklin & Templeton (www.templeton.ca) AGF (www.agf.com) Equitable Life (http://www1.equitable.ca) and many many more.

This gives us market advantage, because where other companies are concerned they have their own single products. There is no such thing as a World Financial Group Insurance Policy or Mutual Fund. We simply shop the industry to provide the best suited product for our clients.

Aegon has built us a head office in Ontario, and we have a US Head office in Atlanta Georgia.

However, we aren't a typical industry based on the concepts and strategies we provide. We are bringing new ideas to the table. For example, as far as a traditional mortgage product - I don't have any idea why anybody would want to use a mortgage. At the same financial institutions (banks) that we goto for a mortgage, there is a product on the same shelf that will allow you (if structured properly with aid from a financial advisor) that you can pay off the mortgage potentially in half the time, and as well allow you to write off portions or all of your principal "mortage" payment towards your income and gain tax deductions (compliance would have a shit for me writing this, but its a concept... not a product).

The typical financial industry, in my opinion, has done an injustice to majority of people as they primarily focus on the richer (10%) of the population.

In a magazine published by Nightengale Conan (AdvantEdge) they stated that the top 3 firms on wall street have eliminated commisions on accounts under $100,000. Given the average family in Canada has a take home income of ~78,000 after tax the chances of a middle/lower income family to obtain proper financial advice is slim.

World Financial Groups mentality is that ALL people no matter income, race, or financial knowledge deserves to know the best options out there. (IE, the concept of the alternative to a mortgage). Through our concepts and strategies alone through my personal benefit, as well as my families with the concepts I have learn my family is now looking forward to paying only a fraction of tax in retirement, and as well getting to retirement faster.

I run into people that have been in the financial industry for years (20 years in a ban, 15 years selling insurance product for one of our competitors) and they have left their jobs and came on board with us simply for our belief in helping everybody.

More shockingly, they were amazed that the concepts and strategies we share with families for FREE with no committment, were things they had never seen before. People from the industry dont know what we teach families and put in place in a daily basis. What we do is unique, we bring strategies wealthy people have been using for generations, and have been paying to get, and we share it with any person who is willing to learn.

WFG's mission statement is "No Family Left Behind". With 90 million baby boomers heading into retirement, and many of them at the age of 55 have less than $50,000 saved for retirement theres a huge crises in the financial industry. World Financial Group is the only company targeting the majorty of the population.

This brings me to the issue people criticise about how we "Recruit". With 90 million baby boomers in north america (roughly 9 or 10 million in Canada) heading into financial services it only makes sense to situate a business there. This is why our focus is to recruit , train, and develope people into our industry.

A study was done by a third party company to the financial services industry in the 90's and it said to handle the influx of people heading into the baby boomer market we would need at least 200,000 licensed representatives. Currently there are only approx. 25,000. Can you see the challenge we have? Yes, we are seeking to recruit people and open offices. When you are trying to provide a sevice to 90% of the population, the growth takes some unusual action. But the biggest criticism (being recruiting) that people have of WFG, is also the same reason we've helped over 35,000 families in 7years and now hold over 1.5billion dollars of assets under management. Still sound like a scam?

As such, WFG has systemized a way to train people in the field, get them licensed (the same securities and life licenses that all other financial advisors carry - and yes the government allows people to carry both ((however people can't have a real-estate/morgage license AND securities/life))

Now, most of the information above wasn't even pointed towards World Financial Group, it was Altig International (an american company btw).

Somebody spoke above of a $295 fee, this will come up again... $125 is an admin fee that goes towards a security background check and credit check. Also, you were given an Agent ID that is distrubuted through the computer system to all vendors so you can be compensated. This isn't some "DEAL" you "SIGN UP" for, there is an interviewing and qualification process. I have witnessed people being declined, and personally declined people to work with our firm. The other $170 was for the online correspondance training materials to get licensed. None of that money goes to the person who "recruited" you.

To the person that said you were watching TV and said it wasn't a good time, I apologize on behalf of that person being a representative of World Financial Group. Had I been training that person I would ream him. That type of behavior is intrusive.

Now for the websites bashing WFG, goto http://www.cibcsucks.com, go look up Bill Gates and Devil ... Every large company has some bad stuff written about it... but find me a credible name from anybody whose written anything bad about our company (even above people saying its a sham) most people are put off by the way that we do business as its not common. Ray Crock also was made fun of when he invented the franchise ... but now its a respected way to duplicate businesses. We aren't a recruiting company, we just happen to be looking to hire thousands of people accross the country to help us to open new offices.

World Financial Group *IS* a credible financial broker, whose representatives are trained WITH a field trainer who has much experience in the field. Only when that person has proven knowledge are they allowed to go out in the field to provide product at the table alone, or to being training new people as I am now. Behind the scenes, any plans we put in place the paper work is overlooked approx 7 times for error including compliance officers at head office. Also, much more experienced people are consulted for more complicated cases behind the scenes, and often experts from our product partners are brought to a families table with agents to ensure all is handled properly.

The financial industry is the most highly regulated industry in the world, and has much government interaction (think how much tax is involved with insurance and investments? .. the gov't HAS to get in there). As such, any company practicing in this industry has to be legitimate.

If you read this all, I thank you for taking the time to become education from a valid source from this amazing company. If you are interested learning anything more about the business opportunity (in my opinion the best product) or more on our concepts and strategies I'd feel more than happy to sit down with anybody interested in learning more - no obligation, even to satisfy your curiosity.

Zephyr
11-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Sponsoring people is just trying to put sugar on a expired cookie.

There was even murders link to WFG in the past news in California. Shadiest company ever, but very smart on structuring to make it look very legit.

I've been bugged/harrassed by WFG agents a few times already, and I'm very sick of it. I always ask them the "personal" question of how much they rack in. They all claim to be in the 50k or close to 100k. Yet they all drive cars crappier than me, wear cheap Target made suits to recruit people in. I called them on that, since I'm a student/government employee, I shouldn't be making more than them according to their figures. One of them couldn't even buy his own coffee at Starbucks, way to present yourself to a "potential victim err I mean client."

2by2.net screwed up big time, WFG is just them but a whole lot smarter...

Another new one to look out for is BurnLounge. they claim to be myspace/iTunes type, but in the end, do the same thing, recruit and sell "opportunities", more of these agents are bugging me now.

yohan4ws
11-08-2006, 01:53 AM
I know I said I wouldn't post any rebutle, but Zephyr is posting on our firm in California... not Alberta OR Canada.. I speak strictly from my affiliation here in Calgary AB.

Toma
11-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by yohan4ws
I know I said I wouldn't post any rebutle, but Zephyr is posting on our firm in California... not Alberta OR Canada.. I speak strictly from my affiliation here in Calgary AB.
Same shit..... same company, same aggressive recruiting strategy.

Most the agents I run into spend 10x more time recruiting then helping....probably more.... I wanted help, and they tried to recruit me.... I'm like... fuck buddy, I'm practically retired, why do I need a shit job like selling vacuums.... I just wanted some financial advice :dunno:

Do you deny the pyramid structure of your "commission"?

That .... what, there were like 5 levels in each "group", and the top guy of the pyramid gets the biggest cut?

Maggots.

Auditor
11-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Biggest scam ever!

WFG will let anyone sell there products..they require no formal education in Finance. The whole point is to build a "team" under you so you as a leader can live off there deals. Not a bad gig if your at the top.

Also the people they claim to help are just poor bastards looking to get rich quick....there clients are too dumb to know better and invest with them.

Do you think any educated soul would invest there money with someone that has no real training in the field (2 weeks and book don't count).

I've been to one of there events before and it was a HUGE waste of time, more like a cheer rally than an investment seminar.

Theres no point in arguing with them becuase EVERYONE involved with it thinks its the greatest thing in the world.

TheWholeTruth
11-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Auditor
... Theres no point in arguing with them becuase EVERYONE involved with it thinks its the greatest thing in the world.

Same thing with Altig International, American Income Life, and all the other multi-level marketing companies. It's cult-like on the inside.

Canmorite
11-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Do you deny the pyramid structure of your "commission"?

That .... what, there were like 5 levels in each "group", and the top guy of the pyramid gets the biggest cut?

Maggots.

+1:werd:

yohan4ws
11-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Seriously, PM me with any question.. i had all of the same scepticisms as you all do when I first was introduced to the company .. but I learned more .. and in the end it all checked out.. now I'm in the process of opening my own financial services office here in Calgary..

I know I said I wouldn't post any more here, but I did leave out the compensation structure...

So you guys must just hate the structure of a real estate company then huh? 5 levels in each group and the top guy in the "pyramid" gets the most?

In a real estate broker, there's a branch manager... who makes an over ride salary on all the people working out of his branch. New people, respectively, make less money than the branch manager. People who have been there for some years, that help the new people get trained, will make more than new people ..

Maybe there will be some senior guys that will make higher comission than most agents, but none will ever have the chance to make as much as the branch manager .. unless they go and open their own real estate office and become a branch manager for a different branch.

A similar structure in WFG, as you work harder and more, you gain promotions and commission goes up. Because you're working out of somebody else's branch, the branch manager makes an override. Only in WFG, you can become a branch manager, and the objective is to promote more and more branch managers ..

Personally, I think that is fair. If I'm brand new, in training, and working with somebody else... I deserve to get paid for referring the client, the person going in the field with me that I'm learning from deserves to get paid because they are doing majority of the work and they bring more experience TO ENSURE THE PLAN IS PUT IN PLACE PROPERLY by more experience, I'm not talking 2 weeks, I'm talking 2 years.

A client won't be swindled or have some newbie putting in place things that aren't appropriate for him/her through World Financial Group. Compliance and Aegon and the branch managers etc etc etc that all overlook the paperwork ensure all plans are well suited for the consumers goals and risk tolerance.

Now some people may think that its not appropriate to have somebody over your head making more than you on your efforts ... ever hear of employment placement agencies? how about a franchise in a pizza place or fast food joint.. head office takes a cut .. maybe the franchise owner will hire a manger, pay them an hourly wage.. so the person at the TOP makes all the money .. In essence, everything is a pyramid, or an MLM.

If you want to define our advertising, its network marketing ... do a google search on Donald Trump or Robert Kiyosaki and find out what they think of network marketing.. they absolutely love it to bits, more so than the franchise model Ray Crock was bashed for with McDonalds.

Nobody else shares our concepts and strategies primarily to middle income families... We are the only company who do what we do in the entire financial industry. Our structure allows us to grow quickly and effictively and we will become the largest financial company in the world because of it. In 7 years we are the 3rd largest financial broker in North America. What we have accomplished in this time frame has taken other companies 30-50 years to do.

To the person who said our clients are "too dumb" to know any better... has the bank ever told you that you can pay for a house in 12-13 years ? ... No .. But they'll give you a product that over 25years will allow you to pay out your debt totalling 2-3times the original value and you dont get any tax breaks.

The bank is also happy to provde people witha GIC, guaranteed investment.. make 3.5 percent, woo! .. thats barely the cost of inflation. Yes, our clients are uneducated for the most part and we educate them with how money works. What we have isn't for everybody, there are many investment guru's out there who know mutual funds and umbrella's and tax shelters inside and out ... but majority dont have the education to manage their own finances.

I can't speak for all offices, but ours is very very very strict on who is allowed to practice on their own.

Nobody has to agree with the 'cult' like feeling in the office or how we may come off ass a cheer leading squad for eachother .. thats fine, quite honestly I am still put off by it a little bit.. we are strange people and have a strange culture.

Nobody needs to accept and love the way the company is operated.

There are bad apples in every bunch. for the most part the company practices in the best interest of our cilents with the proper plans put in place. At the end of the the day we help people with credibility, stability, legal backing, and quality of service (highest rated for service in Canada by Investment Executive Newspaper).

Here's some more propaganda for you:
http://www.chbc.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13365

There's also a WFG Foundation .. in Orlando for our company wide convention we raised over $133,000 in a week to go towards charities.

Not bad for a bunch of maggots if you ask me....

QuasarCav
11-09-2006, 09:28 PM
^^^^^

You sound like a Jehovah's Witness or Scientologist.

Weapon_R
11-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Yohan, why don't you do us a favor and show us the strategy on how you can pay off a house in 12-13 years so we can show you how your company is a scam.

Or is that some 'inside' secret that only the WFG cult and their victims know about...

saiyajin
11-10-2006, 12:17 AM
this thing sure sounds like Quixstar all over again.... :dunno:

Akagi Redsuns
11-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Yohan, why don't you do us a favor and show us the strategy on how you can pay off a house in 12-13 years so we can show you how your company is a scam.

Or is that some 'inside' secret that only the WFG cult and their victims know about...

Reading this thread gave me a huge dose of deja-vu. After some digging I came up with this thread. Interesting.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72123

I knew I heard this WFG sales pitch before.

Cruz
11-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I waited for a long time and went back and forth on weather or not I should write up a reply to this thread.... Reason being, I have more information on World Financial Group than any of the above posters combined.

The reason I know this, is because I am a licensed associate of World Financial Group Insurance Company of Canada. I have been associated with this firm for just about 2 years now.

All evidence of above posts points to nobody having proper education on how we operate, why we run business the way we do, and as well how we are NOT a scam and are no way illigitimate.

I work in an office, located in Suite 440, 325 25 St SE. (WFG Securities of Canada).

First, some credibility ::

We have sponsored a chuck wagon for the past 2 years Buddy Bensmiller:
http://cs.calgarystampede.com/chuckwagons/chucks/rangeland_derby/drivers/

We sponsor Zach Johnson PGA golf.
http://www.aegon.com/download/20060131_baird.pdf

We also sponsor nascar drivers: Dany O'quinn Jr... We had Carl Edwards too
http://www.wfgracing.com/

We sponsor the Furby Four Curling team.. but i can't find any links on them.

It's long and I hope I have cleared up much misconception regarding any uneducated opinions or bad experiences people have had. Don't slander a whole company based on one person who may not have been perfect in his/her trade.

For my privacy and protection, I am witholding my real name and am can not be held responsible for any misconceptions or items stated out of fact in the below. (this is mostly said to protect me if any complaince officers come accross this post)

If anybody has any comments or corrections to anything I have stated, please private message me and I will change any info that I have overlooked. I can also be e-mailed at [email protected].

I will not be posting any more information in this thread and will ignore any future posts or rebutles to what I have said.

World Financial Group IS a reputable company, it is not a scam. It is not a pyramid (Pyramids are illegal btw).

It is highly regulated by compliance of the federal government - as all financial institutions are.

What most people don't know, is that World Financial Group is owned and backed by Aegon (http://www.aegon.com) A company that is one of the largest in the world with assets in the range of $400 Billion. Aegon is a Dutch company based out of the netherlands, they were looking for more north american distribution arms to team up with chose World Financial Group.

Aegon also owns Transamerica. If you are familiar with the triangle looking building in San Francisco (http://www.aviewoncities.com/sf/transamerica.htm). Transamerica, like World Financial Group is a member of the Aegon conglomerate.

Because of compliance, I can't make many statements about our company since I can be held liable for any information that can be taken out of context. As well, there are strict regulations with posting any type of advertisements or flyers in public places. (Seem like a scam with this much regulation by law?)

World Financial Group is an independant Investment and Insurance broker (one of the top 3 in Canada) and through the WFG name, we are able to access companies such as Franklin & Templeton (www.templeton.ca) AGF (www.agf.com) Equitable Life (http://www1.equitable.ca) and many many more.

This gives us market advantage, because where other companies are concerned they have their own single products. There is no such thing as a World Financial Group Insurance Policy or Mutual Fund. We simply shop the industry to provide the best suited product for our clients.

Aegon has built us a head office in Ontario, and we have a US Head office in Atlanta Georgia.

However, we aren't a typical industry based on the concepts and strategies we provide. We are bringing new ideas to the table. For example, as far as a traditional mortgage product - I don't have any idea why anybody would want to use a mortgage. At the same financial institutions (banks) that we goto for a mortgage, there is a product on the same shelf that will allow you (if structured properly with aid from a financial advisor) that you can pay off the mortgage potentially in half the time, and as well allow you to write off portions or all of your principal "mortage" payment towards your income and gain tax deductions (compliance would have a shit for me writing this, but its a concept... not a product).

The typical financial industry, in my opinion, has done an injustice to majority of people as they primarily focus on the richer (10%) of the population.

In a magazine published by Nightengale Conan (AdvantEdge) they stated that the top 3 firms on wall street have eliminated commisions on accounts under $100,000. Given the average family in Canada has a take home income of ~78,000 after tax the chances of a middle/lower income family to obtain proper financial advice is slim.

World Financial Groups mentality is that ALL people no matter income, race, or financial knowledge deserves to know the best options out there. (IE, the concept of the alternative to a mortgage). Through our concepts and strategies alone through my personal benefit, as well as my families with the concepts I have learn my family is now looking forward to paying only a fraction of tax in retirement, and as well getting to retirement faster.

I run into people that have been in the financial industry for years (20 years in a ban, 15 years selling insurance product for one of our competitors) and they have left their jobs and came on board with us simply for our belief in helping everybody.

More shockingly, they were amazed that the concepts and strategies we share with families for FREE with no committment, were things they had never seen before. People from the industry dont know what we teach families and put in place in a daily basis. What we do is unique, we bring strategies wealthy people have been using for generations, and have been paying to get, and we share it with any person who is willing to learn.

WFG's mission statement is "No Family Left Behind". With 90 million baby boomers heading into retirement, and many of them at the age of 55 have less than $50,000 saved for retirement theres a huge crises in the financial industry. World Financial Group is the only company targeting the majorty of the population.

This brings me to the issue people criticise about how we "Recruit". With 90 million baby boomers in north america (roughly 9 or 10 million in Canada) heading into financial services it only makes sense to situate a business there. This is why our focus is to recruit , train, and develope people into our industry.

A study was done by a third party company to the financial services industry in the 90's and it said to handle the influx of people heading into the baby boomer market we would need at least 200,000 licensed representatives. Currently there are only approx. 25,000. Can you see the challenge we have? Yes, we are seeking to recruit people and open offices. When you are trying to provide a sevice to 90% of the population, the growth takes some unusual action. But the biggest criticism (being recruiting) that people have of WFG, is also the same reason we've helped over 35,000 families in 7years and now hold over 1.5billion dollars of assets under management. Still sound like a scam?

As such, WFG has systemized a way to train people in the field, get them licensed (the same securities and life licenses that all other financial advisors carry - and yes the government allows people to carry both ((however people can't have a real-estate/morgage license AND securities/life))

Now, most of the information above wasn't even pointed towards World Financial Group, it was Altig International (an american company btw).

Somebody spoke above of a $295 fee, this will come up again... $125 is an admin fee that goes towards a security background check and credit check. Also, you were given an Agent ID that is distrubuted through the computer system to all vendors so you can be compensated. This isn't some "DEAL" you "SIGN UP" for, there is an interviewing and qualification process. I have witnessed people being declined, and personally declined people to work with our firm. The other $170 was for the online correspondance training materials to get licensed. None of that money goes to the person who "recruited" you.

To the person that said you were watching TV and said it wasn't a good time, I apologize on behalf of that person being a representative of World Financial Group. Had I been training that person I would ream him. That type of behavior is intrusive.

Now for the websites bashing WFG, goto http://www.cibcsucks.com, go look up Bill Gates and Devil ... Every large company has some bad stuff written about it... but find me a credible name from anybody whose written anything bad about our company (even above people saying its a sham) most people are put off by the way that we do business as its not common. Ray Crock also was made fun of when he invented the franchise ... but now its a respected way to duplicate businesses. We aren't a recruiting company, we just happen to be looking to hire thousands of people accross the country to help us to open new offices.

World Financial Group *IS* a credible financial broker, whose representatives are trained WITH a field trainer who has much experience in the field. Only when that person has proven knowledge are they allowed to go out in the field to provide product at the table alone, or to being training new people as I am now. Behind the scenes, any plans we put in place the paper work is overlooked approx 7 times for error including compliance officers at head office. Also, much more experienced people are consulted for more complicated cases behind the scenes, and often experts from our product partners are brought to a families table with agents to ensure all is handled properly.

The financial industry is the most highly regulated industry in the world, and has much government interaction (think how much tax is involved with insurance and investments? .. the gov't HAS to get in there). As such, any company practicing in this industry has to be legitimate.

If you read this all, I thank you for taking the time to become education from a valid source from this amazing company. If you are interested learning anything more about the business opportunity (in my opinion the best product) or more on our concepts and strategies I'd feel more than happy to sit down with anybody interested in learning more - no obligation, even to satisfy your curiosity.

:thumbsdow :bullshit:

As far as credibility goes, I broke up with a girl who was involved with WFG because she refused to come to terms with reality. She had been with WFG for 2.5 years and had made no progress in the entire time she had been there. She HAD, however, spent thousands on 'licensing', conventions (brainwashing), and had been completely abandoned by everyone she knew because of her affiliation with your 'legitimate business'. They brainwash their associates to the point of denial on a scale of drug addicts or alcoholics.

As far as sponsorship and endorsements, how do either in any way substantiate your business? How much does it cost to throw your name on the side of a chuckwagon? Do any of the sponsored companies run background checks on the legitimacy of the business? Or do they just take the money and slap on a sticker?

I could just as easily contradict every statement you made in your post but I don't have the time or incentive. Needless to say, it's all BS.

Please.

Weapon_R
11-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

Reading this thread gave me a huge dose of deja-vu. After some digging I came up with this thread. Interesting.

haha sound familiar eh? Yep, they promise false returns in order for people to borrow huge amounts of money to give to these maggots, and find out quick that these promises are nothing more than a greased up scam.

Oh, and the free trip to Hawaii is always convenient thrown in there too.

Don't believe me? Okay, ask Enrich. He was the guy defending them in that previous thread, im sure he'll have a different outlook today.

signature7
11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
haha i went to a meeting, and all they did was bash doctors and engineers and teachers, they pressured me to tell my gf to come in and my brother to come in, they would even get mad when i told them he didn't have time, they called him a ditch digger and a loser, looks like if you're specialising in internal medicine and a doctor than you're a loser....i wish i could become a loser and live it up like him...

bill gates does have bad things said about him but he doesn't go on beyond and dimiss them, it seems like it fazes you a lot for a guy who's working for a company that is "at the top".... because you're at the top a little thing like this won't hurt the company

your success will speak for itself but when i read about the thread about people going bankrupt it hit me pretty hard becuase when i was in the meetings i saw some older people, people who seem like the couldn't comprehend all that was being told to them but now that i think back i hoped they did ok...

signature7
11-29-2006, 03:11 PM
why does enrich have a different outlook on things?

Sharpie
11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
NaNaNaNa Leader,leader, leader, BATMAN!

GreyFox
12-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Quick Question.

Does WFG = Citi Group = Primerica?

Because I just got back from a group session with Primerica who is part of the Citi group corporation...I'm wondering if it's the same company?

Cruz
12-06-2006, 04:20 AM
Different bum...same poo.

v2kai
12-06-2006, 07:30 AM
finally saw Primerica monetioned, thats another. i got hassled by WFG wasted the guys time and got a free drink out of it. i am open minded and just kept asking him, so what exactly do i do, what exactly am i getting paid to do....and what the hell exactly are you doing.... no straight answers kept pushing for my info to sign me up for a convention bullshit, got HIS card, and HIS number so i could forward shit i didnt like to him.

man those guys piss me off.....fuck just roped my sister in the other day, had to burst her bubble...she'd already spent money on a course or something.

dumb fuck bastards, i'm gonna burn down their building and the scientology ones too :nut: :thumbsup:

like rage said, isnt it blatantly obvious of the pyramid scheme in there....and if it's such good fucking easy money....ummm then duh why isnt everyone doing it!? simple as that....something that good there's probably a catch....

:bullshit:

HuMz
12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Couldn't agree more, I have 10+ friends who have tried this in the last couple year's and all of them got out before they wasted there life.

"IF" you got in early, "IF" you work your ass off 24/7, "IF" you hassle every family/friend/person you meet in this world constantly to sign up, then there's a big "IF" you might be sucessfull with it.

Yet they make it seem so easy and it will be the best choice you ever made and everything is so great:thumbsdow

ZorroAMG
12-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Bob Saget's character where he said "I'll suck your dick for coke man" comes to mind when I think of most of these guys lol

Mazstyle
12-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by GreyFox
Quick Question.

Does WFG = Citi Group = Primerica?

Because I just got back from a group session with Primerica who is part of the Citi group corporation...I'm wondering if it's the same company?

It's about time someone mentioned primerica, I went to one of their meetings and what a load of BS.

I worked with a guy who was pretty big into it, he claimed he made $60,000 last year part time blah blah blah. I called bullshit on him and said let me see your income taxes for last year, but he never took me up on it.

Whitetiger
12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Those Primerica morons are fags, my parents used to own a little deli/coffee shop where their seminars are held on the weekend... So during their lunch breaks, they'd take up our resturant space without any purchases, like maybe ONE out of ten would buy a $1.00 coffee (coffee price 10-15 years ago), but then a shit load of these freeloaders would bring their own mug and hot chocolate mix and ask for hot water.

Some even open up their lunch box and start eating inside the deli.

Fuckheads like these get no respect from me. :banghead:

A790
12-20-2006, 01:31 PM

The information you posted is good, but I think I'll chime in as well.

Firstly, I am NOT lisenced in any way to deal in insurance or securities, though I do have a SEG and UL through a friend of mine who is lisenced and active with WFG.

First and foremost, WFG is a pyramid. The guy who called during your movie was most likely a guy named Dave... he used to sell office furniture and supposedly made over $400,000 a year. He makes good money at WFG- he drives a high end Volvo and wears nice clothes. I'll keep my opinions of him to myself, be they positive or otherwise, but I'm sure your impression reflects my opinion.

The primary office (located near the new Ikea) is run by Mr. Vince Smith, who makes nearly $2 million a year at WFG. He's the guy at the top, and he wants you to know it. He's dubbed "Mr. Canada" buy pratically everyone... it's kind of pathetic.

Their products aren't their own... they resell from people like TD, TransAmerica, Equitable Life... you get the idea. If you have a friend in WFG and you need insurance, by all means get it through him and help him out. It's a good product.

Is it for you? Well, is an MLM your bag? If so, go for it. High up front commissions (sometimes in the thousands) and a relatively untapped market (in the terms of a product sense) leave you lots of options.

It wasn't for me. MLM's in general... pass.

PS- I am speaking fromy my direct personal involvement in WFG... I paid the $550 fee to get in, and ate it to get out.

A790
12-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I'll add a bit more..

Mr. Vince Smith will reimburse your initial investment if you become licensed within 30 days. So, the idea is that you sign up, study your ass off, write the test... and pass. If you do this within 30 days, he writes you a check and off you go.

Each time you go to a "Business Presentation Meeting (BPM)" as an associate you either will attend a series of classes or the actual main meeting held by one of the bigwigs of the company (Smith or otherwise). The presentation is pretty much focused on creating "MOZONE" which pretty much is designed for the sole intention of recruitment.

If you thought it had anything to do with investment advice... think again :)

Each associate is required to run a certain amount of points per month and recruit x amount of new associates in order to be promoted up the ranks where they receive higher commission percentages and bonuses.

Product knowlege? What the fuck is that? They don't focus on training you in that area at all. When I asked when I would be learning about that I was always, and I mean ALWAYS, told that recruitment and building my "base shop" was more important than selling the actual products. Since each new agent is required to to their "Financial Life Strategy (FLS)" you get the sale with every recruit anyways... so yea, who gives a damn about selling insurance to every jow blow... just recruit the saps.

I speak with a fair bit of bitterness as my experience was really not great or bad... but it was involving and finally quite irrating.

If you decide to attend a meeting, or even get into a conversation about them with an agent, you can most certainly expect a massive sales pitch, whilst at the same time they are trying to establish credibility for themselves. Ignore them... sure, they sponsor this and they are one of the top selling insurance firms in the country, but that's based entirely on their MLM model.

Melaluca is also one of the largest distributors of wellness products in the world... to their sales people. Quixtar sells tons of shit... again, 89% to its sales people.

I realized that the only way to get rich with an MLM is to get in the day it opens, or to open it yourself.

Hope this helps someone. Any questions... fire em away :)

SneakyNeek
12-20-2006, 02:29 PM
WGI is a big joke man. serously i was taking my defensive drivers coarse at Alberta Professional drivers school or somthing like this and they actully took a half hour out of the coarse to bring some brown town from WGi named binder binder to give a presentation on it. Dont go to this drivers school they cant spea english and give false information that a 12 year old kid even knows is rong

A790
12-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek
WGI is a big joke man. serously i was taking my defensive drivers coarse at Alberta Professional drivers school or somthing like this and they actully took a half hour out of the coarse to bring some brown town from WGi named binder binder to give a presentation on it. Dont go to this drivers school they cant spea english and give false information that a 12 year old kid even knows is rong

What does that have to do with World Financial Group?

bspot
12-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Guys... they have a Nascar. It must be legit.

:rofl:

B17a
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

So I read this old thread and I'm really curious what Enrich's position is now. he did say early in this current thread its a scam which is a complete 180 from the 2005 thread where he was religious about it. I would love to hear the gory details of what he saw in his time there to make him change his mind.

5hift
12-20-2006, 03:41 PM
I just find it funny that Yohan mentions all these great things the company does for people in the US, and all the things they sponsor in the US, but when someone asks him about shady practices they have in the US, he says oh well thats the US and were in Calgary.

So when it benefits you , your connected to your American Branch, but when they do shady things, your not associated with them? :rolleyes:

SneakyNeek
12-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by A790

What does that have to do with World Financial Group?

i meant WFG sorry just miss-spelled it for some reason

EnRich
12-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by B17a

So I read this old thread and I'm really curious what Enrich's position is now. he did say early in this current thread its a scam which is a complete 180 from the 2005 thread where he was religious about it. I would love to hear the gory details of what he saw in his time there to make him change his mind.

My view has changed cause I know they’re a bunch of fucking crooks. Before I go any further however, let me say one thing, I have been in the sales industry for over 6 years. I have apprenticed to two multi-millionaires, and I have made a ton of money in related fields. Weather it be through sales contracting, Calcana, or other companies I have made like Crystal GraphicX, I have never met such talented salesmen. These guys know what their doing, and they do it VERY well... They will tell you exactly what you want and need to hear in order to get you hooked. I was hooked, I'll be honest. I've never been sold into believing something so hard. The guy that recruited me basically came off as a retired 35-year-old multi-millionaire. He recruited me at my local gym, he must of been scouting it because his pitch was so beautifully crafted, it couldn’t have been more perfect (read below). This is what happened, heres the story you all want to hear.

I was working out with a fellow beyonder. We were talking during a break, he was asking me how I could afford such a nice car at my age, and still be able to take myself through school (I was 22 years old). I told him I was a professional sales contractor, who contracted my expertise to companies who needed professional sales people in their company. The guy in front of me turned his head, and asked me. "So your in sales huh" and started asking me questions, really friendly like. I liked him because he was like me, so upfront and straight up. He told me about how he made himself into a millionaire in only 4 short years. How he dated and fucked porn stars in vegas, we talked for a while, we got really personal. I was going along with what I thought was alot of BS, till I saw his girlfriend. She was the hottest girl I have ever seen working out at Golds, Canyon meadows. Everything about her was just, wow. How the fuck does a 35 year old man, with a kid, divorced, get a 23 year old goddess like this? I thought, wholy fuck this guy must be for real, and I started taking the conversation seriously. He took me to one of those meetings. Get this, they asked him to do the final speech; he totally came off as the owner. Turns out he was the "squad leader" or whatever the fuck you call the head guys in that company. The speech he made truly dazzled me. I've heard multi-millionaires talk, and train me in the ways of business. This guy sounded exactly like em, except better... He knew what he was talking about, and he kept calling me and introducing me to everyone as "the new star." No doubt I was in a hurry to start selling and recruiting. As a matter of fact, within 2 weeks of knowing him, partying with him, where he was taking me out for expensive drinks and parties, where I was meeting fucking beautiful girls, I thought it would be just a matter of time before I had all this. I told myself, fuck, if I can get this product down, I could outsell everyone. Anyways within weeks, I had brand new recruits (including Ben, who you all know) and alot of other "quality" recruits who seemed eager and willing to learn. They were waiting, ready with their own customers, waiting for me to the lead the charge. I also had customers up the fucking ying yang. I had 3 new customers who would buy into the product every week, so not only did I have new quality recruits, I had customers who were eager to buy in. I had even made up my own sales pitch for them. I told ppl something along these lines. "Beautiful house, your mortgage payments must be huge, have you found a way to write them off?" There wasn't a customer who didn't fall for this line. There was no doubt I was working this system hard. I took my guy to meet all the new recruits, so I could listen and learn his pitch as he tried selling the recruits. (This is where it gets sleezy). I took him to all my customers, so that he could sell them for me, (I wasn't licensed). Some weeks I was making $3000 - 9000 a week, because I had ppl signing up their homes, $250,000+ dollar deals guys. And I could bring in minimum 3 a week. It was a little unreal. Now I think, what if the markets crashed? These people would lose their homes… I remember this one time, I had brought all new recruits out, they were ready to go to a party the guy had invited me to. It was at a bar, where they came to regularly. We all got drunk, there was like 9 of us. At the end of the night, when everyone had left and it was time to pay the tab, my squad leader had left his wallet at home. So I paid the 800 some dollar tab. fuck it, even though he was supposed to, fuck I was making large now right? Turns out after that night, I never heard from him again. All my commissions were unpaid, and I was stuck with this fucking fee to get licensed. You mother fucker.. As it turned out, I started looking through the Internet, type in "wfg scam" into google, and you'll quickly see what I found. These cocksuckers use new recruits, like me, like you, as lead generators. Once you've fed them enough leads, they take what they can, like vultures, then fly away. Luckily I didn't sign up any of my family. But that’s basically what they’re looking for. They want you to sign yourself, your family, and friends. When the leads are dry, they basically fuck off... 8 months later he calls me up, basically asking me for more quality leads, I told him to fuck off, and told him if I ever caught him again, I would tear him apart limb from limb. Heres the funny thing. I had another recruiter try to get me. Shes a friend of my dad's. She had already heard about me, and wanted me in her group. She came off saying they fired the first POS and were re-structuring the company. I told her what happened before (trying to be nice to my dads friends) and she assured me that would never happen if I worked for her, and how she gets her commissions to her ppl right away, blah blah. What really put a bad taste in my mouth is how conniving, how annoying, how slippery these people can be to try to recruit you. In the end, fuck my money, money comes and goes, besides I had a good time at that bar, even though I paid for everyone’s tab. Its how these snakes recruit people. I mean fuck, they’ll recruit people fresh off the boat that can’t even speak English. Most of them are fat fucks, with no respect, no regard, for you or anyone around them. FUCK YOU WFG. Scamming fucks. Gotta hand it to them, their good at it…

B17a
12-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks Enrich for being so open about it. I guess you live you learn.

A790
12-21-2006, 04:07 PM
WFG is no different than any other MLM, period.

If you can do MLM's, you'll do well at WFG.

1andonly
12-18-2009, 03:47 PM
My first long post on Beyond...

My girlfriends’ brother asked us if he could do a presentation. I refused the meeting and knew right away that something was up since he was all secretive about it.

Last night he came over to our house with this jackass WFG guru. This guru gave us the speech similar to what yohan4ws said on page 2 to almost word for word. Anyways, this fat fuck started out with saying how he lived in the ghetto in a room with 19 people and his family worked so hard to ensure that he’s got a good education with good jobs and blah blah. But apparently that was the old way of doing things and many people are in debt because of this concept. He says that WFG changed his life. He’s been in this for 3 years and is apparently making boat loads of money. He’s got flexible hours and enjoys his lavish lifestyle.

He made it sound like we were chosen and it was an opportunity of a lifetime. They wanted us to attend some sessions and invite anyone we knew so that we could help my girlfriend’s brother out to get him started.

I don’t mean to sound bitter about this but I just hate it when someone makes false promises and uses us by going through family. Yes, it does take hard work and dedication to be successful at this or anything for that matter....but for fuck sakes, WFG?

Anyway, I’m glad I went on here to check this bullshit out...you guys are awesome!

yohan4ws
12-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Heheheheheh .. I wish I got in there before they got a bad rep, the top guys are making tonnes of cash off of non-compliant life insurance sales and leverages.

I'm in my 3rd year at a REAL financial firm, it was a great way to be introduced to the industry and to learn about business and being self employed, but it certainly (in my opinion) is not a means to an end nor a place to plant a flag for a lifelong career.

Gainsbarre
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
:rofl: I have to bump this thread to post my experience.

They first contacted me -- twice in late 2004/ early 2005 after having seen my resume posted in a resume book on the U of C's Haskayne Career Centre site. I'm sure that one of the big reasons why they no longer post resumes of BComm/MBA students on the website is because of companies like WFG.

First contact, WFG person mentioned something about an "interview" at the Blackfoot Inn (wtf?) and that they'll be "lots of other people there". Big red flag for me, so I passed, and quickly did some research and discovered all this. It was also around this time that the Career Centre sent out an email to all Haskayne students warning us about WFG's practices and reminded us to do our due diligence. Different WFG woman called me with a similar proposal a few months later, again after having seen my resume posted by the Haskayne Career Centre -- I chewed her up for a good 15-20 minutes and she was in tears by the time I was done with her :D

Third (and fortunately thus far, final) contact with somebody from WFG occured in March-April 2006. I got a random email from some guy who obviously fancies himself as a big swinging dick :rofl: -- "I am a business man", "[email protected]", "My secretary who checks my email was very offended" (this AFTER mentioning in his initial email that "this is my personal email"). I was pretty fed up with being contacted by WFG at this point so I minced no words in telling him to fuck off :) . Joel Lockwood (then VP Op Fi for the SU) basically told him the same thing, albeit in a more tactful manner :thumbsup:

I've blanked out the name of the group below, but otherwise this was the last time I heard from them.

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Re: Comment
Date: Mon, April 3, 2006 1:32 pm
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwight,

I apologize for the response you received from XXX, it certainly is
unprofessional. However, there is little I can do if the club wishes
not to do business with a multi-level marketing firm.

It's interesting: just a few months ago a friend invited me to a WFG presentation as he was contemplating starting "training". I'm glad I was able to enlighten him to how your organization works, and why he shouldn't be involved. Probably saved him hundreds, or thousands of dollars too.

I'll kindly remind the club that as ambassadors of the University of
Calgary, they should endeavour to respect all those that come in
contact with them.

Thanks,

Joel Lockwood

Vice President - Operations and Finance

University of Calgary, Students' Union

MacEwan Student Centre

251-2500 University Drive NW

Calgary, AB T2N 1N4

p: (403) 220-3907 f: (403) 284-1653

wrote:

Hello Joel,
Alex Vyskocil referred me to you. I am a business man who
recently contacted via email XXX Club at U of
C to talk about possible partnerships. The reply I received from
whomever checks the email of the club was very rude, inconsiderate and
full of awful slang language. My secretary who checks my email was very
offended. I do not feel that a club of the calibre that this one should
be operated with such poor manners. I wonder if the corporate sponsors
of this club know who they are really dealing with. I would like to
lodge a complaint about this.

Below I have inserted my original email as well as the reply
from XXX. Please let me know what course of
action I may take. Thank you
-Dwight Bullock

>>>>>>XXXREPLY

Go fuck yourselves and take your goddamn amway ponzy schemes
else where
you

lowlife scum.

>>>>>>MY EMAIL

> Hello XXX,

> You have done a very good job on your web site, it is
informative
as

> well as impressive. I represent a company in the financial services
> industry, an aging industry that needs to be revitalized. You may
have

> heard of our company before - World Financial Group. It interests
me
to

> become involved with your group, I would like to help graduates
> understand the possibilites that are available to them both in my
> industry and in my company. Please let me know if I could be of any
> assistance to you. This is my personal email, looking forward to
your
> reply.

> -Dwight Bullock

Ferrari888
02-26-2010, 12:02 PM
I was in it for a while, what a waste of time. I was very disappointed that huge companies like this exist.

gkAeris
03-30-2010, 03:35 PM
:facepalm:

just got approached...sigh when do people learn?

7thgenvic
04-03-2010, 01:55 PM
It's so funny that this thread just came up again. I was just on a flight to Toronto this past weekend for work. I always hope that I don't get stuck beside a chatty kathy who is going to disturb my work or reading on the plane. Nevertheless, as I open my CFA books to catch up on some reading i get a poke on the shoulder. The young fellow sitting next me to starts asking me questions about what I do and continues to tell me that he is heavily involved in the "financial service industry."

As the plane has yet to take off, I politely give the guy a open ear. He soon mentions that his father and brother are some sort of brokers with a huge office in the NE and begins telling me his story. I never finished University, as it wasn't the right route. blahh blahhh blahhh.

He then tells me that he is a associate for for World Financial. RED FLAG.

Story continues about how 'I leverage financial instruments and consolidate debt for those individuals struggling with money problems..."

BLAHH BLAHH BLAHHHHH

I've never heard such bullshit in my life from such an uneducated moron.

I still don't fully understand the context of WFG, but he 'ensured' me it was not a pyramid scheme and that he is doing extremely well.

VENT* Rant*

I feel TERRIBLE for people who get sucked into this shit.

atomic
04-04-2010, 01:56 PM
This is my WFG experience...

i lost a close friend who had self esteem issues to their cult. he quit his 75k/year job at a reputable software company 4 years ago for WFG.

in the past 4 years, i watched him alienate himself from friends who cared by harassing them to "support his business". he's sold his car, most of his belongings. he lives in a dirty unfurnished townhouse with a few other WFG members.

in a way, i'm glad he found ppl who care for him. the office he belongs to seems to have a supportive group of members. he must be getting the emotional support he needs because they do everything together.

approx 1 year ago, i had lost him as a friend by confronting him with the financial position he is in. his debt multiplies annually as he waits for his "big break". his life is on hold as he doesn't have the financials to do much. i care for his happiness and future and wanted him to see the financial position he is in. he recognizes it, but the emotional support of the wfg cult seems more important to him.

he does a bit of road travelling to "conventions" with his fellow cult members. they pool together funds to make it happen.

so, maybe he really is happy? maybe this is the type of people he's always needed. it's sad to have him out of my life. but i'm happy that he's happy.

there were difficulties dealing with him over the 3 years of WFG while trying to maintain our friendship. before WFG, we would hang out as friends. but once WFG set into his personality, hanging out turned into a business sale. he would use different attempts guilting me into "supporting his business", as he would say.

he would use our friendship to try and guilt me into attenting WFG events. everything from Board Game Nights (wfg has their own board game)... To Paint Ball... To Wing Nights... To just going out to the bar on a Friday night. they try to live a life they don't have. they act like big-shots while their pockets and bank accounts are empty. and they try to sell you on that image so you will get involved.

Writing this makes me sad, because he was one of my best friends since 1999.

toma, there are a few of the "ring holders" in calgary. i've met two of them that my friend deals with. one, seemed to have actually made some good coin since he started the office along time ago.

the other, is a very sad case. his wife had an inheritance from a family death. they had purchased a condo with the money and mortgaged the property to invest into wfg. his hope is the investment return outweighs the mortgage interest, and over many years it will make him a profit.

this "investment" has put their family in a difficult financial position, but his large investment got him a WFG ring. he uses the ring to recruite kids while talking about babyfood and mattel.

his wife's love is strong because she stands beside him. she is friends with someone i know, and WFG is a burden on their friendship also.

sadly, this family man is one of the ones wearing the same suit everyday and recruiting skinny young spikey haired kids.

poor guy bought an older used Audi A4 1.8t and couldn't afford it. kept filling it with Regular 89 octane fuel to save money. this is a man with a child and wife! a family man who's too mentally weak to get a real job to support his family. his wife works, he doesn't.

so, my ex-friend gained some emotional support from the group. however, the family man is affecting his family from his wfg involvement. there are good and bad affects on people from its Cult-Like effects.

my observation from experience is run.

PS, i need to add this additional part. they encourage their cult members to create a "life board". they cut pictures from magazines of items they want to own and pin them to the "life board".

i went to my ex-friend's house one day and sat on his dirty couch and watched the 480p plasma tv he had stolen from his ex. i looked over at his "life board", there was a picture of the earth.

how's that for brain washing and taking advantage of weak souls?

2000impreza
04-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by atomic
This is my WFG experience...

i lost a close friend who had self esteem issues to their cult. he quit his 75k/year job at a reputable software company 4 years ago for WFG.

in the past 4 years, i watched him alienate himself from friends who cared by harassing them to &quot;support his business&quot;. he's sold his car, most of his belongings. he lives in a dirty unfurnished townhouse with a few other WFG members.

in a way, i'm glad he found ppl who care for him. the office he belongs to seems to have a supportive group of members. he must be getting the emotional support he needs because they do everything together.

approx 1 year ago, i had lost him as a friend by confronting him with the financial position he is in. his debt multiplies annually as he waits for his &quot;big break&quot;. his life is on hold as he doesn't have the financials to do much. i care for his happiness and future and wanted him to see the financial position he is in. he recognizes it, but the emotional support of the wfg cult seems more important to him.

he does a bit of road travelling to &quot;conventions&quot; with his fellow cult members. they pool together funds to make it happen.

so, maybe he really is happy? maybe this is the type of people he's always needed. it's sad to have him out of my life. but i'm happy that he's happy.

there were difficulties dealing with him over the 3 years of WFG while trying to maintain our friendship. before WFG, we would hang out as friends. but once WFG set into his personality, hanging out turned into a business sale. he would use different attempts guilting me into &quot;supporting his business&quot;, as he would say.

he would use our friendship to try and guilt me into attenting WFG events. everything from Board Game Nights (wfg has their own board game)... To Paint Ball... To Wing Nights... To just going out to the bar on a Friday night. they try to live a life they don't have. they act like big-shots while their pockets and bank accounts are empty. and they try to sell you on that image so you will get involved.

Writing this makes me sad, because he was one of my best friends since 1999.

toma, there are a few of the &quot;ring holders&quot; in calgary. i've met two of them that my friend deals with. one, seemed to have actually made some good coin since he started the office along time ago.

the other, is a very sad case. his wife had an inheritance from a family death. they had purchased a condo with the money and mortgaged the property to invest into wfg. his hope is the investment return outweighs the mortgage interest, and over many years it will make him a profit.

this &quot;investment&quot; has put their family in a difficult financial position, but his large investment got him a WFG ring. he uses the ring to recruite kids while talking about babyfood and mattel.

his wife's love is strong because she stands beside him. she is friends with someone i know, and WFG is a burden on their friendship also.

sadly, this family man is one of the ones wearing the same suit everyday and recruiting skinny young spikey haired kids.

poor guy bought an older used Audi A4 1.8t and couldn't afford it. kept filling it with Regular 89 octane fuel to save money. this is a man with a child and wife! a family man who's too mentally weak to get a real job to support his family. his wife works, he doesn't.

so, my ex-friend gained some emotional support from the group. however, the family man is affecting his family from his wfg involvement. there are good and bad affects on people from its Cult-Like effects.

my observation from experience is run.

PS, i need to add this additional part. they encourage their cult members to create a &quot;life board&quot;. they cut pictures from magazines of items they want to own and pin them to the &quot;life board&quot;.

i went to my ex-friend's house one day and sat on his dirty couch and watched the 480p plasma tv he had stolen from his ex. i looked over at his &quot;life board&quot;, there was a picture of the earth.

how's that for brain washing and taking advantage of weak souls?

Lol. Your buddy is pretty pathetic if this story is true. I would imagine someone making 75K/year would have the brains to make smarter decisions than that.

atomic
04-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

Lol. Your buddy is pretty pathetic if this story is true. I would imagine someone making 75K/year would have the brains to make smarter decisions than that.

ex-buddy.

you'd think so, but apparently the cult-like atmosphere of that place provides him with the emotional support he requires.

D. Dub
04-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite
RUN as fast as you can.

...and then run faster and further.

FYD524
04-05-2010, 02:41 PM
The sad part is that such MLMs exist because there is a massive market full of people that are uneducated, lazy, and gullible. :facepalm:

Victims should lobby for higher regulation of companies like Quixtar/Amway, WFG, etc.

autumnrain
04-08-2010, 03:51 PM
WFG is just like PSI

cults cults cults.