PDA

View Full Version : The Protector

HyperZell
09-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Unreal. Just freakin' crazy. If you're up for some kickass action, you need to go see this movie. I was at the theatre last night watching this, and it was awesome to have the entire audience go nuts whenever something cool happened. You're going to hear a lot of "ooooohhhhs" and "no ways!" and "what the fuck!"

http://www.theprotectormovie.com/

I was wondering how they were going to top Ong Bak, but boy did they ever. Now the question is, how are they going to top this?

hoamic11
09-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah, it's all good, so crazy at the end with so many damn broken bones, however the name of the protector is actually "Tom Yung Goong"

Proboscis
09-17-2006, 10:13 AM
just watching the trailer got my fuckin psycked. I has to see it

HyperZell
09-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by hoamic11
Yeah, it's all good, so crazy at the end with so many damn broken bones, however the name of the protector is actually "Tom Yung Goong"

That was the part that really got the audience into it. Everyone just got pumped because he wouldn't stop breaking limbs - one of the biggest reactions had to be with the guy that he made do the splits...

And if you think I'm ruining it, honestly, I haven't revealed 5% of the awesome action this movie has. The trailer doesn't even show all of the best parts! It would have to be like 10 minutes+ to do that.

VW02
09-17-2006, 02:07 PM
you guys think that this movie is going to be better than jet li's new movie?

cityhunter2501
09-17-2006, 02:17 PM
seen Tom Yum Goong (The Protector) in DVD and liked it.
can't recall Ong Bak that much, but from I can recall there are more fights on this than Ong Bak.
too bad the story doesn't flow very well.
btw, cool fact about the movie:
Contains one of the longest no-cut fight scenes in movie history: the fight up floor after floor lasted four-plus minutes.

about Jet Li's movie, are you referring to Fearless?
didnt really like it that much tbh. not enough fight scenes

HyperZell
09-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah I watched Fearless a few months back and although the fights are pretty good, it doesn't 'feel' as good as some of his other movies. But you know, maybe it's time to watch it again...I think I'll check it out when it opens.

And yes, the uncut fight scene was nuts. Talk about stamina!

Kamen
09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Just saw this movie, it was nuts, lots of disconnects but endless fighting.
A bunch of guys were laughing their asses off, the whole movie was just him going around rocking everyone :rofl:

The endless limb breaking, the severed tendon guy shaking, and how he managed to take his shirt off and strap bones to his arms in 2 secs was hilarious! Like, how is he not dead? :rofl:

nj2Type-S
09-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Kamen

The endless limb breaking, the severed tendon guy shaking, and how he managed to take his shirt off and strap bones to his arms in 2 secs was hilarious! Like, how is he not dead? :rofl:

cuz he's tony jaa! :bigpimp:

VW02
09-17-2006, 09:06 PM
i mean the jet li movie thats coming out in like a month, his last martial arts movies, if you havnt seen previews go check it out

HyperZell
09-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by VW02
i mean the jet li movie thats coming out in like a month, his last martial arts movies, if you havnt seen previews go check it out

It's coming out this week...

jav_
09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
seen this long time ago...fight scenes where pretty crazy..the the story :( ...the scene with Tony Jaa vs Lateef Crowder was pretty tight

1-Bar
09-18-2006, 12:18 AM
^just watched it, who needs story line when you've got Tony Jaa??

Team_Mclaren
09-18-2006, 12:25 AM
you cant compare the protector to fearless. One is a no-story-all-action-ass-kicking movie, while fearless has a story line and a bit of history to it. To me fearless is a better movie.

BoS_DC2
09-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by VW02

Ugh, I'm pretty sure HyperZell is correct and it's "Fearless". The movie overall was okay, some good fight scenes and a pretty good story line. I have yet to watch Tony Jaa's movies.. I think I'm missing out >_>

Fearless (http://www.fearlessthemovie.com/) Titled Huo Yuan Jia in chinese. (I watched this movie like 7 months ago)

3g4me
09-18-2006, 09:00 AM
I liked this movie alot. Jaa is fucking crazy.:thumbsup:

Sprinter
09-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Heard it was like 15 minutes of talking and the rest is just non-stop action... thats nutz :nut: