PDA

View Full Version : Itunes 7

Seanith
09-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Has anyone upgraded yet? There seem to be some cool features but at first I noticed sometimes the songs would play like they are skipping and were un listenable to. First I thought it was because i was using too much memory, that seemed to help but i think the problem is the built in feature (like other itunes) where you can display the song your listening to on msn. I just turned it off and it seems to work great again. Hopefully that fixes it. I guess a bit of a heads up. Feel free to other discuss itunes 7 features.

hjr
09-17-2006, 01:20 PM
ya, i have the skipping problem too. It is a real piss off. usually it only last the first 5ish seconds of a song for me, but what the hell kind of media player does that. I found a d/l of the itunes 6.5 and if nothing comes up in the next week im going back. fuck apple.

jdm_jspec
09-17-2006, 01:32 PM
it works fine for mac, casue its made for a Mac,
they dident even test ITunes 7s for PC
thats why there is so many bugs
most people just went back to Itunes 6
or if you go to the apple site, go to support
then to the fourms and itunes fourms
there are fixes for the bugs and stuff.:thumbsup:

dennisaur
09-17-2006, 02:10 PM
fuck i thought i was the only one that was getting this problem. i wish i never upgraded, not like i'm gonna be buying tv shows off itunes anyway.

01RedDX
09-17-2006, 02:12 PM

FiveFreshFish
09-17-2006, 02:14 PM
After reading this, I'll stick with Version 6.05.20 that came with the iPod.

Seanith
09-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by hjr
ya, i have the skipping problem too. It is a real piss off. usually it only last the first 5ish seconds of a song for me, but what the hell kind of media player does that. I found a d/l of the itunes 6.5 and if nothing comes up in the next week im going back. fuck apple.

Fuck i have an installation file for itunes 6.??? tried to install it, but my library file is now for a later version so itunes 6 couldn't read it. I never had problems with the earlier version. I thought i had the problem fixed but its because i have too much stuff goiing. I don't want to shut off azureus lol

Originally posted by dennisaur
fuck i thought i was the only one that was getting this problem. i wish i never upgraded, not like i'm gonna be buying tv shows off itunes anyway.

Yeah i wish i didnt upgrade either.. there are cool features but this is getting pretty gay

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
After reading this, I'll stick with Version 6.05.20 that came with the iPod.

yeah stay with version 6 for now. i wish i did.

asuth077
09-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I havent had any problems with Itunes 7 :dunno:

I like many of the new features.

The new design is much more appealing, and it can automatically download artwork for CD's you rip that are in their library.

Better movie and tv syncing options for video as well.

Seanith
09-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by asuth077
I havent had any problems with Itunes 7 :dunno:

I think its just a memory issue. If you don't have a lot of free memory, it fucks up.

hjr
09-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

I don't want to shut off azureus lol
haha, for sure. your missing half the function of the computer if azureus isnt running.

Seanith
09-17-2006, 03:39 PM
yeah it takes up the most memory unfortunately... do you know if having more torrents loaded causes more memory to be used? I have a lot that i can stop seeding...

FiveFreshFish
09-17-2006, 03:53 PM
How much memory does Version 7 require?

Seanith
09-17-2006, 03:55 PM
its only using 48000K

:dunno:

beecue
09-17-2006, 03:58 PM
mine would take up 100% of cpu ... it was determining gapless playback or something .. but when that was over .. it ran normally

A2VR6
09-17-2006, 03:59 PM
its only using 48000K

:dunno:

could be different for each computer... mines using 57k while idling :dunno:

mekeni
09-17-2006, 04:06 PM
thanks, I would not upgrade mine til this is fix !!!:thumbsup:

toyboy88
09-17-2006, 04:35 PM
ya i had the skipping song problem as well...it was skipping all the music i bought previously from itunes music store...but somehow (dunno what i did) i got it to work again. it would only play the purchased music in itunes and not on ipod...:dunno:

DannyO
09-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Mine runs great, but I'm on a Mac, so thats why, Apple don't really care a whole lot about the PC version til after the Mac one is perfect, don't feel bad though, Windows Media Video plays much shitter on a Mac than a PC.

snade831
09-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I love it too. The art work is sweet. Havent had any problems. :thumbsup:

doublepostwhore
09-17-2006, 09:38 PM
WMP is bullshit anyways.

I love Itunes, but it lags on my machine too... I am very very seriously considering buying a macbook just to get rid of the shitty buggyness of my PC.

It gets annoying having to format every so often because somehow you get a virus.

+1 For macs

DJ Lazy
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM

I think its just a memory issue. If you don't have a lot of free memory, it fucks up.

I can garuntee is a PC issue.. not a memory issue... ;) Works fine on Macs... :D

Seanith
09-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

I can garuntee is a PC issue.. not a memory issue... ;) Works fine on Macs... :D

Your a bastard lol

crazydriver
09-17-2006, 11:05 PM
its only eating up 43,000k on my comp, no problems and i had this thing going for a few hrs now.

heavyD
09-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

I agree. I've never had any issues with Itunes on my Mac.:D

viperous
09-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Not to get off topic or annything, I upgraded Quicktime 7 when I did with iTunes7. (For Mac) And i've noticed that if you minimize your movie in Quicktime, it'll become really screwy. As in you won't be able to drag your timeline handle thereafter...well...sorta, you can, but you won't be able to see it, it's like when a window freezes and you drag it around the screen and it'll leave some ghosting.

Happens to me at least.:dunno: Wish I didn't upgrade.

Seanith
09-18-2006, 06:20 PM
if i had my library file from version 6 i would have reverted back like 30min after i installed it

Seanith
09-28-2006, 06:58 PM
So they just released version 7.01 today... popped a boner and installed it. It seems like its been fixed, not entirely but i've almost listened to a full album without the bullshit that i was enduring before. Its a good sign :)

88CRXGUY
09-28-2006, 08:49 PM
yeah I upgraded to itunes 7 and I wasn't very happy. The computer started lagging really bad, then I started having problems with my ipod. I have the 4th gen ipod and the updater wouldn't let me update, it said my version was invaild(version 3.0.2). My ipod started screwing up and it wouln't even load up, not even when it was hooked up to the computer. I tried to re-format it but the computer wouldn't read if after I installed itunes 7. I restored the ipod itself and tried to put version 3.0.2 back on the ipod and a sad face would come up and say contact ipod support. Yeah too bad that ran out a few days before that happened, so back to Futureshop to use the PSP. I got the 3.0.2 version back on the computer and its running fine again, I guess I don't need all that art and crap on there.

ITUNES 7 SUCKS FOR PC....

Seanith
09-29-2006, 12:46 AM
i have the newest ipod video, not the one that they are just releasing. i got mine in like may... no problems when i updatted my ipod with version 7. just problems with the playback through itunes. it seems like its fixed now. thank fucking god

dennisaur
09-29-2006, 01:20 AM
oh sweet... 7.0.1 is out huh

i'm gonna give that a try, hopefully they resolved the sound issue

heinz256
09-29-2006, 10:37 AM
yea, I just installed 7.0.1 and the cracking issue seems to be gone..even in 192-24 mode. I think the album cover feature is pretty kewl too.

Shaolin
09-29-2006, 12:57 PM
I haven't upgraded yet.. it'd be nice if they could implement a "same volume" feature.. their soundcheck feature sucks..

bball2
09-29-2006, 05:30 PM
It has a lot of good features, especially for organizing your library but it's loaded with problems. Sometimes the sound just becomes really choppy (fixed after a restart), or just slow as hell