PDA

View Full Version : Flipped truck on Barlow Trail NE

CivicDXR
09-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Can really make out what happened, but I drove by when the driver was still in the truck. Paramedics and fire just got there, guy inside was crawling around, so he looked ok... can't tell how it happened...

Sorry, only had my cellphone to take pics...

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4001/dsc00044nz7.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8945/dsc00045aj5.jpg

civic_stylez
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM
wow, thats rough! the cab seems to have held up ok though.

euro_racer
09-18-2006, 07:31 PM
damn that sucks, whats that white sentra doing in the second picture? their pushing it out of the way?

l8braker
09-18-2006, 07:34 PM
One less truck on Calgary streets :clap: (Hope driver/passenger are OK).

nusneak
09-18-2006, 07:36 PM
That intersection sucks and NEEDS REVISION.

I've been in an accident there, my friend had his truck written off there. I've been sitting at the redlight waiting to go west across barlow and seen someone in the turning lane turn in front of someone in the far lane going to fast. The person going north on barlow just honked and slammed into the car, the car went from turning south bound off barlow to eastbound on sunridge way or whatever it is and instead got smacked and ended up smashing the lightpole for the traffic lights for barlow north, since I was smoking a joint I opted to not pull over. :bullshit:

rc2002
09-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Those are amazing pictures for a camera phone. I wonder what hit him - must've been pretty big.

SilverBoost
09-18-2006, 10:01 PM
I vote we start a new website,

CalgaryCarnage.com

We can update it 8 times daily. - double that in winter months.

carter_prelude
09-18-2006, 10:07 PM
must have been another inexperienced driver new to RWD :rolleyes:..oh wait, that only applies to 240sx's... hope their ok though. Pretty sure my uncles van got written off there too, he got smacked pretty good :thumbsdow

and yes those are amazing pictures for a phone holy! :thumbsup:

CivicDXR
09-18-2006, 10:24 PM
didn't think the pictures would come out that great, this phone takes good pics... and thanks to whichever mod edited the post to BIMG the pics, I should've thought about that... :D

not sure if the sentra was involved, didn't notice any damage to it, but wasn't really paying attention to it, was just too :eek: :eek: at the truck...

HiSpec
09-19-2006, 12:42 AM
ugh...... wonder what made the truck to flip...

off topic CivicDXR: how much are you paying for your X-Runner... its dead sexy!!

Aleks
09-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Those are amazing pictures for a camera phone. I wonder what hit him - must've been pretty big.

The sentra what is being pushed out of the way most likely hit the truck. Truck looks like it was T boned and if you look closely there is white paint transfer on the truck. It doesnt take much to flip a truck if you hit it at a right angle.

CivicDXR
09-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

The sentra what is being pushed out of the way most likely hit the truck. Truck looks like it was T boned and if you look closely there is white paint transfer on the truck. It doesnt take much to flip a truck if you hit it at a right angle.

yah, especially with a high truck like that, it just looked like the sentra just scooped it up from underneath and flipped the truck...

Originally posted by HiSpec
off topic CivicDXR: how much are you paying for your X-Runner... its dead sexy!!

everything came to about $35K, can't wait, it should be here next week :)

nadroj23
09-19-2006, 08:51 AM
ya a little off topic tooo buit damn nice civic civicdxr........seen it many times on my lunch breaks, makes me smile.....what kinda seats you got in there? are those s2k seats? well i think thats your car anyways

there are to many intersections like this one where you cant see shit if you are turning left......there have been so many close calls with me in these types of intersections. sometimes its fine but i think it depends on whos turning on the other side, sometimes they get left enough so you can see but sometimes they dont and ive never gone if i cant see i would rather wait for yellow and get people pissed off then go and trash my car.....

topher91
09-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Actually, the sentra didn't do it. I was sitting at the lights on Sunridge way waiting to turn left.

Originally posted by Aleks

The white paint transfer is the pole the truck took out when it flipped.

The truck was headed Southbound on Barlow and the van was making a left turn onto 23ave.

I'm not positive but that truck was probably speeding.

Chris

403Gemini
09-19-2006, 12:49 PM
damn civicdxr what cell is that? those pics are amazing lol

hopefully everybody is okay

HiSpec
09-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

everything came to about $35K, can't wait, it should be here next week :)

if my news were correct, the X-Runner was only available in the States. I'm glad Toyota is selling it in Canada, just saw one the other day, its very very sexy

BlueFrenzy
09-19-2006, 05:22 PM
I blame idiot drivers. This same intersection .. while heading northbound on barlow (green lights for me all the way ... no amber in sight) ... some idiot in the oncoming lane wants to turn left and almost does (just waiting for a Tbone from me and the guy on the left lane). Due to the combined honking from me and my left lane neighbor ... the idiot decides that it would suck to get T boned by two cars.

I don't know the exact details of this accident (I saw this when there were fire trucks and paramedics standing around) but my guess was that both parties are at fault ... the van for being a moron and not being able to judge if he has time to turn, and the flipped truck for speeding and thinking he's in an NASCAR race

CalgarySupra
09-27-2006, 03:28 PM
i was there that day seen it! back up traffic southound

there are always, always accidents there. i seen about 5 this year. I wonder why

i wonder how hte dodge ram was driving?

CalgarySupra
10-05-2006, 11:07 PM
update,

like i was saying last week

Another accident happened there this time 2 kids died.

it goes on and on. already I seen about 10 accidents there THIS YEAR. no kIDDING

The_1
10-05-2006, 11:10 PM
just saw this on the news.....2 kids died from the accident
RIP

h_s
10-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by nusneak
That intersection sucks and NEEDS REVISION.

x10000000.... my parents work is right around there, but that intersection by mc.d's and timmys is haunted or something.... in the daytime there would be ambulances and firetrucks and such at least bi-monthly.... i think its because its the only intersection on barlow that both eastbound and west bound traffic (and north and southbound) get to go at the same time..(or its the frustrated drivers in the tim hortons drive thru that are late).. they should put a sign up or something

CivicDXR
10-06-2006, 07:54 AM
yah, i drove by that yesterday too... it looked like the van (a chevy venture or something) was ripped open like a can of sardines... and the front of the semi barely had any damage...

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2006/10/release.20061006_005626_19708_0

Looks like the driver of the van did not see, or miscalculated the speed of the semi coming, and tried to make the turn...