PDA

View Full Version : Pub chicken wing nutritional information?

Super_Geo
09-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey I hit up wings night on a regular basis, and have for a long time... but last time I was out someone brought up an interesting point: just how many calories/fat/etc are there in each wing? I have a buddy that can pack away close to 60 wings (from Classic Jack's)... which can't be healthy, but I want to know how bad it really is. Thanks :D

kaput
09-18-2006, 06:18 PM

Speed_69
09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/5102.html

don't know if this is accurate :dunno:

Tik-Tok
09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

I'd say that's fairly accurate, but NOT including the saturation of whatever type of sauce you get, especially if its honeygarlic or something.

hussein
09-18-2006, 07:59 PM
This makes me want wings. :love:

Si_FlyGuy
09-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

Change the serving size to per wing...103 calories each.:eek:
Subtract some cals because pub wings are usually not breaded, but add some for sauce and dirty oil.

Mr. Burns
09-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Fuck, I eat a lot of wings!!

Super_Geo
09-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Hahah... so even assuming that Classic Jack's wings are average sized.... @ ~60 calories a wing, 60 wings = 3600 calories! Throw in a 3-4 pints of beer, and you're easily over 4500 calories for just the meal. I've seen 60 wings ate once, but it was done over the course of 2-3 hours. Still though.... !

Didn't they teach you in health class that a heathy diet consists of 2000 calories a day? Wings seem to be a fucking juggernaut of a meal considering how many most people eat, along with the alcohol....

01RedDX
09-18-2006, 11:37 PM

stardotstar
09-18-2006, 11:39 PM
excellent haha, I just had wings today too :(

doublepostwhore
09-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Dont forget that the oil your wings are being cooked in is full of toehr saturated fats from other item cooked in it.

Does that pub feature bacon in any of their dishes? Chances are that morning they cooked their bacon in the fresh oil (which gets changed every 3 days for cost reasons). Ever wonder why food from out never tastes like the shit you make at home? well their is your reason haha.

Shit half the shit that goes down in kitchens makes me sick, let alone the poor fucks that eat there.

Here is a hint.. when you first get there, ask the waitress if she ate at home or ate at the place you are planing at eating at.

If she says she ate at home.. you might wanna do the same ;)

Shoebox//Racer
09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
i remember packing away 50 breaded wings from hooters each with one of my buddies.. Man did we pay for that after.... after leavin the restaurant we could barely move and ended up lying on the patch of grass along macloed for 30 minutes hahahaha.

The rest of the night wasnt much fun either.

GQBalla
09-19-2006, 03:07 PM
lotsa protein in wings though!

Speed_69
09-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
Dont forget that the oil your wings are being cooked in is full of toehr saturated fats from other item cooked in it.

Does that pub feature bacon in any of their dishes? Chances are that morning they cooked their bacon in the fresh oil (which gets changed every 3 days for cost reasons). Ever wonder why food from out never tastes like the shit you make at home? well their is your reason haha.

:werd: I work in a restaurant and we have 4 fryers. We rotate the oil into a different fryer each day so only 1 fryer gets new oil everyday. So basically one of the fryers have oil that hasn't been changed for 4 days, 3 days and 2 days..the oil we're suppose to use to deep fry our wings is the 4 day old one, it's digusting! :barf: As for them using the fryers to cook bacon, lots of restaurants use the oven instead but nonetheless restaurant food is filled with disgusting old oil unless i suppose you're going to a fancy restaurant.

retro-steve
09-19-2006, 03:14 PM
i find as long as i don't worry about the nutritional information i really don't get effected...hit the gym once a day if you're worried

kerry
09-24-2006, 02:57 AM
If you're concerned about the fat level in chicken wings,
my advice would be to not eat them.

The calories will differ from place to place depending
on what they use to fry them *type of oil* what kind
of breading, what's in the sauce *how much sugar/salt etc*

slammed_cb7
09-28-2006, 11:29 AM
oh my god i am gonna die!! I ate 80 at rips and it felt like i ate a bag of cement. I wasn't hungry till like noon the next day and now i know why. I was looking at the nutritional info of mcnuggets and that isn't so good either

brownchild
10-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
i find as long as i don't worry about the nutritional information i really don't get effected...hit the gym once a day if you're worried

:werd: Couldn't of said it better.

Zero102
10-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Hit the gym and burn the extra 4000 calories you just ate?... Man that would be a lot of working out! :eek:

Every time I go for wings with friends I only eat a couple and everybody always picks on me for it. Now I feel a little bit better about it :D

Hydr0nik
10-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by slammed_cb7
oh my god i am gonna die!! I ate 80 at rips and it felt like i ate a bag of cement. I wasn't hungry till like noon the next day and now i know why. I was looking at the nutritional info of mcnuggets and that isn't so good either

Ya I down about 40 every couple days at Rip's (cheapness is always a factor) but i may change my habits a bit now...Damn i love wings too:cry: