PDA

View Full Version : The Living Room on 17th?

#1hustler
09-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Have any of you been there? How was the food, service, ambiance?

Is the menu vegetarian friendly (vegetarian who eats seafood)?

Would you reccomend going there?

What I am looking for is a more upscale, casual joint (want to wear jeans and not be underdressed) that is vegetarian friendly, preferably in SW or NW (near 17th would be great); any recomendations?

Thanks

l8braker
09-18-2006, 08:26 PM
The Coup further down 17th (beside Hemporium and the Source) is much better...

#1hustler
09-18-2006, 08:32 PM
thanks l8braker

Keep in mind it doesn't have to be exclusively vegetarian. Is the coup a nice sit down place, good ambiance etc? I'm thinking like maybe an Earls like ambiance but not a chain restauraunt.

I've heard good things about Buon Giorno?

Melinda
09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I personally LOVE the livingroom. Take a friend and between the two of you split the apple cheese fondue and the chocolate fondue and you've had a great night haha. It's pretty pricey, but I really like it there

#1hustler
09-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Sorry one last question, is Mescalero's pretty good?

Would we be underdressed in jeans?

civic_stylez
09-18-2006, 09:22 PM
i go to the living room quite often and i think its a great place... just get reservations because walk-ins are really difficult on weekends.. great service and ambience.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Si_FlyGuy
09-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Brava Bistro next to starbucks on 17th serves a wicked lobster poutine and a killer Ahi Tuna dish.:thumbsup: You need to pair it with wine to truly enjoy the dishes though.

Lexxan
09-18-2006, 09:36 PM
besides the fact that they're a bunch of snobs who don't you let you in with a hat on... not bad.

LS Cammer
09-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Brava Bistro is flat out terrific

coste
09-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Brava Bistro is a dump, it's like a slightly higher class Melrose. Better ambiance, but worse food. If i wanted to eat garbage, I would eat garbage, and it would me MUCH cheaper. The living rooms is alirght, but I dont think it's very veg friendly. Been there a couple times, and the was pretty bad for the price you paid. I heard from a bunch of friends that there lamb/oysters were pretty good, but they were pretty crappy.

Honeslty, if you want a good veg restaurant, there is pretty much only one in the city, and it's on Mac trail, by mem express, not sure of the name, but its SOOOOO good. I'm sure there are more, but this one is unreal.

But for good food, you need to go to belvedere, and get the seven course meal, you get a little bit of everything, but it's definitly an aquired taste. I took my ex there and the cheese course really wasn't appealing to her.

There are tones of good places around this city, but most of them are very much into the whole meat/fish thing, so the chances of you finding a good veg friendly place, that you already haven't been too, without totally altering your meal are very slim.

I love food .. it's 12:30 and I might hit up living room or bungalow right now and eat. PEACE

max_boost
09-27-2006, 01:22 AM
Buddha's Veggie right beside SilverHill Acura. Hear a lot of good things about it. Perfect for a vegetarian.

coste
09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
^^^^ that's the one! so good!:clap:

DepTrotter
09-27-2006, 01:36 PM
i thought that place was nasty

mind you im a meat eater..

waypastfast
09-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Eight (8) which is part of the new Mercury on 17th ave has gotten wicked reviews

Clever
09-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by #1hustler
Sorry one last question, is Mescalero's pretty good?

Would we be underdressed in jeans?

i used to love Mescalero's too bad they shut it down.

bigboom
09-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by #1hustler
thanks l8braker

Keep in mind it doesn't have to be exclusively vegetarian. Is the coup a nice sit down place, good ambiance etc? I'm thinking like maybe an Earls like ambiance but not a chain restauraunt.

I've heard good things about Buon Giorno?

the coup is good...smaller place definetly not as posh as say an earls or joeys and the seats arent the comfortable but they have soem really cool items on their menu.

buon giorno is probably my favorite italian restaurant in the city.