PDA

View Full Version : which credit card does everyone use?

Pages : 1 [2]

E36M3
11-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I use their charge cards exclusively as I don't want to finance any debt with a credit card anyway. The membership rewards plus is good, and you can't beat tons of free upgrades on airlines and hotels and all the other stuff that is available.

Originally posted by Ben

Word.

Used to be a big Visa guy, but AmEx is far superior. A lot of places take it, reputable ones anyhow, and if not I have one of each of the "Other" major ones, which never get used now, maybe once a month to keep them active on my file, but with 0 balances. The AmEx rewards are good, and the benefits included especially related to travel are great (insurance, companion tickets, Maple Leaf Lounge, not to mention it looks better on your credit report.

Sure their interest rates suck, but thats the point, dont carry a balance.

Ben
11-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
Yeah, I use their charge cards exclusively as I don't want to finance any debt with a credit card anyway. The membership rewards plus is good, and you can't beat tons of free upgrades on airlines and hotels and all the other stuff that is available.

Exactly!

Make your money work for you! Doesn't cost you anything whether you pay cash or card, why not get some USEFULL Perks outta the deal! haha.

E36M3
11-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Not to mention that I accidentally smashed my girlfriend's laptop screen and AMEX paid for the repair (it was only two weeks old).. saved me $1000.

Originally posted by Ben

Exactly!

Make your money work for you! Doesn't cost you anything whether you pay cash or card, why not get some USEFULL Perks outta the deal! haha.