PDA

View Full Version : Information about purchasing A Motorbike after recieving a DUI

s--dime
09-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi Does anyone know If I can get a bike license and not have exorbinant insurance rates after recieving a DUI for a motor vehicle? Im past my automatic 3 month license suspension and am now into my year long suspension, can I get my bike license within this year long license suspension does anyone know? Im not trying to condone driving drunk or anything I know I fucked up im just looking for some information.

Thanks

Nate
09-19-2006, 02:16 PM
No you can not. If you have your liscence suspended you lose all your driving privilages. Or there would be alot of people riding motorbikes.

Luke 96 T/A
09-19-2006, 04:10 PM
heh, wouldn't be too bad to let regular drunk drivers get motorbikes..
definitely get them off the roads sooner!

but on a more serious note, nope, as the guy above me said, it affects all licenses..

s--dime
09-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok thanks for the info guys. On a Second note after my suspension is done, Can I buy bike get the licnese for it and have not absorbenant insurance because I have a DUI.

cmodem
09-20-2006, 04:16 PM
No matter what you will have ridiculous premiums... you can just get liability and it probably won't be that bad.

But has your insurance notified you of your current rate increases? I heard they go x2 for careless... x3 for dui's, racing, dangerous driving.

Just wondering if this is true or not.

Masked Bandit
09-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't know about the license part of your question but I do know about the insurance side of things (I'm a broker).

As long as you buy something cheaper that you can go with PLPD (Liability only), your rates are still quite cheap. The impaired creates a surcharge on the base price of your insurance. The base price of bike insurance (depending on age and a few other things) is usually less than $300. Add a 50% surcharge and you are still only at $450 per year. All things considered I think that's pretty cheap.