PDA

View Full Version : Weed= Acid reflux?

brownchild
09-19-2006, 04:26 PM
My buddy says hes been having heart cramps, especially right after he blazes. He eats junk food, drinks liqour, and smoke cigs. Anyways he went to a "BROWN" doctor, if any of u have been to some, u know their not very highly educated as they should be. Anyways right after my buddy explained to him that he smokes weed, the doctor gets shocked, and replies that Marijuana causes acid reflux, and that he needs to quit asap. I have read many reports, and books, and listened to many interviews about the myths and facts of marijuana, and I have never in my life heard about marijuana being associated with Acid Reflux. Am I the only one that thinks the doctor either has a hate for marijuana, or that hes just a fukkin retard that doesnt know shit about being a doctor?

l8braker
09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I've never gotten reflux when i blaze. It's probably his eating/drinking choices.

QuasarCav
09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Never,

And I'm a big fan of the smoke.

Tik-Tok
09-19-2006, 04:38 PM
:thumbsdow M.Jane does NOT cause acid reflux. All the other shit he does will help him get it though.

EK 2.0
09-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by brownchild
Anyways he went to a "BROWN" doctor, if any of u have been to some, u know their not very highly educated as they should be.

What's that supposed to mean??

jdmakkord
09-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Must have vistited a proctologist Arif, thats all.:D

v8killah
09-19-2006, 06:19 PM
hes saying the durkas are dumb, which I can support through-out my life experiences.

habsfan
09-19-2006, 06:22 PM
http://www.maj.com/gallery/JackNapier/GIF/racist.gif

EK 2.0
09-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Must have vistited a proctologist Arif, thats all.:D

Acha, acha...billkool acha...

Originally posted by v8killah
hes saying the durkas are dumb, which I can support through-out my life experiences.

yeah??...based on your comment I have come to the same conclusion about you...I mean WTF is a "durka"??

VW02
09-19-2006, 06:59 PM

Acha, acha...billkool acha...

yeah??...based on your comment I have come to the same conclusion about you...I mean WTF is a "durka"??

i think by durka he means brown people

JspecB16
09-19-2006, 07:02 PM
I think that doctor specalizes in :bullshit:

Hydr0nik
09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
The reason they perscribe Marijuana to MS and Cancer Pateints is because THC(The Active ingredient) actually neutralizes the production of stomach acids(therefore counteracting the affects of medicine)

It is obvious that the doctor is uneducated(not because he is "brown" or whatever reason you racists wanna say) he is uninformed he probabily come from the same generation that thinks pot makes you go crazy too. Not his fault thats what the used to teach people....

Acid reflux is caused by an overproduction of stomach acid(usually from eating crappy food, poorly prepared with lots of fat your body cant digest so your stomach produces more acid to try to digest..

Tell your friend to not eat soo manyy twinkes and pop when he is stoned and he will be fine or he can use a product like Zantac it too neutralises production od stomach acids...

Fosgate R
09-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by v8killah

bwwuuuaahaahahahahaha :rofl:

No... my guess is that it's his choice of munchie foods...

ogpog
09-19-2006, 07:44 PM
I actually HAVE acid reflux, and i noticed it never has bugged me since i have become a daily user. My doctor gives it to me straight when it comes to marijuana. He recommended a vaporizer, and ive been using it ever since (i use some of my bongs and have a joint or two of course on occasion.).

Is your friend kind of young? I wasnt even able to talk to doctors about it and get serious information (just the typical it will make your penis fall of and you will get cancer all over, stop immedietly, yadayadayada), until i grew up some. A little easier to get serious conversation from them now i find.

01RedDX
09-19-2006, 07:45 PM

Mixalot27
09-20-2006, 12:31 AM
I get acid reflux once in a while. I have a bad diet, smoke cigs and weed. So not really sure what causes it for me. However I have noticed that beer seems to be one of the worst things that causes it for me. I've read that smoking, cigs or weed doesnt cause it but can make it worse if you are already having it. Don't know if this is true or not forsure. When I get it bad I take a couple tums and it seems to help out.

riceeater
09-20-2006, 12:46 AM

since his name is brownchild i'm guessing he's brown too, hence why it's ok for him to say "brown" doctor imo... i make fun of romanian stuff and i make racist jokes against them and white folks in general, and that's probably exactly what he's doing... i doubt he would have done it otherwise, that'd be just asking to step on someones toes an get an asskicking :nut:

back on topic though, i have to partially agree here... i smoke weed at least a couple times a day, and yeah pretty much every time i pick up weed i just have the normal experiences... SOMETIMES, SOMETIMES, the type of weed has a distinctly more pungent smell, and i ocasionally get a bit of acid reflux... is that the same as the gut rott feeling people that do mushrooms get? it happens very rarely to me, but i sorta got it right now... i woulnt be surprised if its really just from the chemicals they spray on it!

GTS Jeff
09-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by riceeater

since his name is brownchild i'm guessing he's brown too, hence why it's ok for him to say "brown" doctor imo... i make fun of romanian stuff and i make racist jokes against them and white folks in general, and that's probably exactly what he's doing... i doubt he would have done it otherwise, that'd be just asking to step on someones toes an get an asskicking :nut:

back on topic though, i have to partially agree here... i smoke weed at least a couple times a day, and yeah pretty much every time i pick up weed i just have the normal experiences... SOMETIMES, SOMETIMES, the type of weed has a distinctly more pungent smell, and i ocasionally get a bit of acid reflux... is that the same as the gut rott feeling people that do mushrooms get? it happens very rarely to me, but i sorta got it right now... i woulnt be surprised if its really just from the chemicals they spray on it! V8killah posted that, not brownchild....retard.

Fosgate R
09-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Jeff.....

Anyways he went to a "BROWN" doctor

It was actually brownchild that said that.... but thanks for coming out... v8killah made the comment about the durkas....retard :thumbsup:

Gorilla
09-20-2006, 08:14 AM
It is possible, since when you smoke blood goes from the internal organs to the outside lke your skin and finger tips etc etc. cauing issue's like ulcers and acid reflux which is possible.

brown doctor, chinesse doctor, white doctor, black doctor they all have to be certified and pass government exams.. there are taxi drivers, bus drivers, butchers, barbers, bakers who have PHD's. So I dont think color of thier skin or there background has alot to do with it.

As for your comment "

Am I the only one that thinks the doctor either has a hate for marijuana, or that hes just a fukkin retard that doesnt know shit about being a doctor? "

:rofl: are you kidding me? Seems like the weed is getting to you.

For medical issue's you should consult with another doctor and not Beyond members

ProjectR
09-20-2006, 08:44 AM
weed causes acid reflux!!! thats proposterous!! haha what do i know. :nut:

nonsane
09-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Gorilla
:rofl: are you kidding me? Seems like the weed is getting to you.

He's got the reefer madness!!! :O

http://www.cannabis.net/thc/reefer-madness.jpg

brownchild
09-21-2006, 12:31 PM
omg, im shaking in my seat right now, I think i need some weed guys, help me its so addictive, Gorrilla what should I do, I think im gonna die of lung cancer from smoking weed soon.

And by the way i am PUNJAB guys, :thumbsup:, Im not racist, im just not trustworthy of some Indian doctors because I know how the education system works down there, and because their so dipped out.

nismodrifter
09-21-2006, 12:34 PM
You are aware of the process that Foreign IMG's undergo to become Canadian doctors right? :rolleyes:

bspot
09-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
You are aware of the process that Foreign IMG's undergo to become Canadian doctors right? :rolleyes:

Is the answer buy a degree online?

I kid! I kid!

brandon
09-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by bspot

Is the answer buy a degree online?

I kid! I kid!

:rofl: :rofl:

marko polo
09-21-2006, 01:38 PM
we should have a beyond smoke sesh one of these days :thumbsup:

nonsane
09-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by marko polo

Unfortunately when you combine that many people it become s enough for distribution purposes, combine everyones stash and you'd have at least a pound hehe

brownchild
09-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by marko polo

straight up.

Turbo_honda
09-21-2006, 03:59 PM
yah man lets do it
beyonder blaze sesh.. wow sounds so cooool! muahahahahah:werd: :werd: :werd:

EK 2.0
09-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by nonsane

Unfortunately when you combine that many people it become s enough for distribution purposes, combine everyones stash and you'd have at least a pound hehe

uhmmmm...just a pound??...you under estimate a lot of us on here...

Fosgate R
09-21-2006, 06:22 PM

uhmmmm...just a pound??...you under estimate a lot of us on here...

:werd: :rofl:

5hift
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
A beyond blaze session is a good idea and would be fun but it would have to be done through pm's and with recognized users only. The idiots on Nexopia have tried to organize these a few times but doing it on open forums is like driving around with a sign saying you have a qp in the trunk.

doublepostwhore
09-24-2006, 09:53 PM
My dad is a practising doctor and he is STILL writing certification exams for us/canada gov't benchmarks and mandates.

He has been here for 17 years, he went to med school in London england.

He is a "brown" doctor.

They are alot harsher on people immigrating from hardup india/china.

Ever wonder why so many taxi drivers are lawyers/doctors/engineers?

Brownchild dont shoot of your mouth, you are making yourself look ignorant in the eyes of the brown members, rather then illiciting laughs (what you thought it would).

xrayvsn
09-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Hydr0nik
The reason they perscribe Marijuana to MS and Cancer Pateints is because THC(The Active ingredient) actually neutralizes the production of stomach acids(therefore counteracting the affects of medicine)

It is obvious that the doctor is uneducated(not because he is "brown" or whatever reason you racists wanna say) he is uninformed he probabily come from the same generation that thinks pot makes you go crazy too. Not his fault thats what the used to teach people....

Acid reflux is caused by an overproduction of stomach acid(usually from eating crappy food, poorly prepared with lots of fat your body cant digest so your stomach produces more acid to try to digest..

Tell your friend to not eat soo manyy twinkes and pop when he is stoned and he will be fine or he can use a product like Zantac it too neutralises production od stomach acids...

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with the inaccuracies with this post...

First, THC and other cannabinoids do not neutralize the production of stomach acid. They are given to those with cancer mostly to counteract the nausea from chemo. Specifically, THC blocks the chemoreceptor trigger zone in the brain responsible for the chemotherapy induced nausea. It has nothing to do with gastric acid production.

Second, acid reflux is not caused by the production of excessive gastric acid. It is because your lower esophageal sphincter (LES) does not close properly, allowing gastric content to splash up into the distal esophagus. There are some anatomic abnormalities that can predispose people to reflux, namely a hiatus hernia where part of your stomach slides up into your chest. Certain foods are also responsible for causing the LES to be more lax.

Third, antacids like tums or rolaids will neutralize the acid already produced. Zantac, and the prescription medicines like Losec, Prevacid etc. will prevent the acid from being produced in the first place.

I agree with you that the reflux is probably more related with the food/alcohol/fluid intake after smoking weed than as a direct result of the marijuana. But hey, I'm no cannabis expert.

EK 2.0
09-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Hydr0nik

Originally posted by xrayvsn

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with the inaccuracies with this post...

First, THC and other cannabinoids do not neutralize the production of stomach acid. They are given to those with cancer mostly to counteract the nausea from chemo. Specifically, THC blocks the chemoreceptor trigger zone in the brain responsible for the chemotherapy induced nausea. It has nothing to do with gastric acid production.

Second, acid reflux is not caused by the production of excessive gastric acid. It is because your lower esophageal sphincter (LES) does not close properly, allowing gastric content to splash up into the distal esophagus. There are some anatomic abnormalities that can predispose people to reflux, namely a hiatus hernia where part of your stomach slides up into your chest. Certain foods are also responsible for causing the LES to be more lax.

Third, antacids like tums or rolaids will neutralize the acid already produced. Zantac, and the prescription medicines like Losec, Prevacid etc. will prevent the acid from being produced in the first place.

I agree with you that the reflux is probably more related with the food/alcohol/fluid intake after smoking weed than as a direct result of the marijuana. But hey, I'm no cannabis expert.

Sheeeeeit MD-owned...Hydronik...you need to read the journals instead of using them for filters...

brownchild
09-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
My dad is a practising doctor and he is STILL writing certification exams for us/canada gov't benchmarks and mandates.

He has been here for 17 years, he went to med school in London england.

He is a "brown" doctor.

They are alot harsher on people immigrating from hardup india/china.

Ever wonder why so many taxi drivers are lawyers/doctors/engineers?

Brownchild dont shoot of your mouth, you are making yourself look ignorant in the eyes of the brown members, rather then illiciting laughs (what you thought it would).

Sorry I offended you in some way, it was just a broad statement, maybe I should have used a different choice of words.

I have a "brown" doctor named Dr. Ammrolia who is one of the most brilliant men I know, also a graduate from Oxford University. Im not tryin to say all "brown" doctors are bad. And you dont know if I was trying to illicit laughs, so plz dont assume, because in my eyes that makes you look ignorant.

I was talking about the type of doctors that are Real estate full time, and work as Doctors part time, because they dont really care about what their doing, and have old fashioned thinking if you know what I mean.

I could keep going but im tired, so that's all im done for tonight.

khtm
09-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Does he drink a lot of coffee?

A friend of mine had a problem exactly like you described...he stopped drinking coffee and it went away.

Worth a shot!

Redlyne_jr
09-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
http://www.maj.com/gallery/JackNapier/GIF/racist.gif

ahahahahahaha

Gorilla
10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
omg, im shaking in my seat right now, I think i need some weed guys, help me its so addictive, Gorrilla what should I do, I think im gonna die of lung cancer from smoking weed soon.

And by the way i am PUNJAB guys, :thumbsup:, Im not racist, im just not trustworthy of some Indian doctors because I know how the education system works down there, and because their so dipped out.

good to know that you are PUNJAB.. I thought that was a state in india and not a person. So I will try to speak in your terms, I am CANADA . Anyways you should do some research on the process that Foreign immigrants undergo to become Canadian doctors. They just dont become doctors by paying off someone.

and I second this motion

"Brownchild dont shoot of your mouth, you are making yourself look ignorant in the eyes of the brown members, rather then illiciting laughs (what you thought it would)."

brownchild
10-10-2006, 06:00 PM
^^^^^

Sorry I offended you in some way, it was just a broad statement, maybe I should have used a different choice of words.

I have a "brown" doctor named Dr. Ammrolia who is one of the most brilliant men I know, also a graduate from Oxford University. Im not tryin to say all "brown" doctors are bad. And you dont know if I was trying to illicit laughs, so plz dont assume, because in my eyes that makes you look ignorant.

I was talking about the type of doctors that are Real estate full time, and work as Doctors part time, because they dont really care about what their doing, and have old fashioned thinking if you know what I mean.

I could keep going but im tired, so that's all im done for tonight.

How ignorant are you to miss that reply, and just start typing some bullshit, tryin to shoot down my credibility and intelligence.

That same reply goes to you, and stop pm'ing me, because im not assuming your ignorant, I truly know that you are by your behaviour.:closed:

CasperWho
10-10-2006, 11:21 PM
:drama: :whocares: