PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1997 Honda Prelude S

Skyline_Addict
09-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Well, for some reason, my previous FS thread was deleted without any reason or notification. In this case, I suppose I will make this thread more brief than the last.

I am selling my 1997 Honda Prelude S.

Here are some important details:

Color: Satin Silver

Mileage: 125xxx KM (considerably low for it's year)

Transmission: 5 speed MT

Trim: The "S" model is the base model. Comes loaded with cloth seats (heated), sunroof, power locks/windows, etc.

Modifications:

-Mechanical: No mechanical mods. Fully stock H22a from the engine to the exhaust. Needless to say, very reliable car.

-Exterior: Professionally installed, painted Mugen side and rear skirts (fiberglass) with GReddy frontlip (urethane).

-Suspension: Car sits on TEIN HA suspension, a track quality suspension, a step up from the TEIN SS. www.tein.co.jp for more information. A GREAT suspension. I still have and am providing the stock suspension, included in the price.

-Wheels: For summer, Enkei Evo6 17" wrapped in 215/40/17 Kuhmo Ecstas tires. For winter, OEM Honda 16" steelies wrapped in 205/50/16 Kumho KW19. Summer tires have another 2 seasons left, winter tires have many (only used for one season). All rims are in immaculate shape, NO curbage. Both wheels/tires included in price.

-Interior: Nothing in the interior is modded save the shiftknob, made by Spoon Sports.

-Electronic: The car has a VTEC controller installed, which has been professionally tuned by the previous owner - I have never used it.

Condition: Body/paint is in beautiful condition. Save for rock chips on the front hood and bumper, there are no dings, scratches or anything of the like.
Interior is always clean and simple. No noticeable signs of wear on any parts of the interior.
Oil changes always on schedule and considerable money spent replacing old parts to keep the car running in tip-top shape. Car needs NO work done to it. Since I got the car, the ignition, clutch cylinders, wheel bearings, and more have been replaced with brand new parts.
Car is in overall great shape.

Pictures:
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen4.jpg
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/uni.jpg
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/uni2.jpg
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen5.jpg
https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~tswah/public_html/mugen6.jpg

I do not have any good shots of the interior, I can get some. As I mentioned, it is in immaculate condition like the rest of the car.

Price: My asking price is now $14500 with everything you see in the pictures + the winter tires/steelies and the stock suspension. This is one of the best prices on the market I believe, for a car in this condition, mileage, etc. Relative to other Preludes on the market, this one is priced to sell. It's a great deal for a car which is going to increase in price again at the beginning of next summer as it always does.

I encourage anyone interested in the car to come have a look to see for yourself - I have nothing to hide. I even have 110-point inspection sheets from no more than a month ago. Car needs nothing, save a new front headlight bulb as it is burning out.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Lastly, NO I am not parting out with anything. If a serious buyer is interested in the car without a couple of the things included, this may become possibility. NO, I am not accepting trades either. Sorry.

Team_Mclaren
09-20-2006, 02:49 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134886

2.2vtec
09-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I realize you will not be parting out but I'm in need of some winter tires for my lude. Let me know if you change your mind.

arian_ma
09-20-2006, 07:12 PM
:eek: $14500?!
Post some interior pics T :thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
09-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
:eek: $14500?!
Post some interior pics T :thumbsup:

workin on it:p

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
I realize you will not be parting out but I'm in need of some winter tires for my lude. Let me know if you change your mind.

will do.

Lo)2enz0
09-23-2006, 07:06 PM
bump, interior/engine pics on the way.

oops wrong acct: :D

Skyline_Addict
09-25-2006, 07:53 PM
i forgot to mention. i am NOT considering trades.

thanks

Dan0myte
10-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Just looking at the pictures, it seems like the car has a purple tint to it? Is that just because you were parked next to a dark-ish building when you took those pics, or does it actually have a purple tint to the clear coat?

A few more pics at a different location might help out.

arian_ma
10-07-2006, 04:35 PM
The color of this car looks different from every angle. I don't think it's the regular Silver of the Preludes. I think it's a special silver only a few of them came with. I'll let Skyline_Addict correct me if I'm wrong though.

Bump!

Skyline_Addict
10-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dan0myte
Just looking at the pictures, it seems like the car has a purple tint to it? Is that just because you were parked next to a dark-ish building when you took those pics, or does it actually have a purple tint to the clear coat?

A few more pics at a different location might help out.

Originally posted by arian_ma
The color of this car looks different from every angle. I don't think it's the regular Silver of the Preludes. I think it's a special silver only a few of them came with. I'll let Skyline_Addict correct me if I'm wrong though.

Bump!

Correct, Arian. Thanks for posting that! The color is Satin Silver, yes, it is a stock color - it has a purplish tint to it in certain lights and a more turqoise tint in others. As far as I know, it looks Silver the rest of the time. From what I've been told, Satin Silver is a special color which is exclusive to 1997 Preludes.

Skyline_Addict
10-29-2006, 10:33 PM
bump. all reasonable offers considered.

stock suspension and winter tires going on soon!

Skyline_Addict
10-31-2006, 03:11 AM
as a simple note in reference to some PMs I have received:

I am willing to cut some money off my current asking price if I sell without the TEINs and the summer wheels. both suspension and wheels/tires are used and i believe that an $1000 deduction in my current asking price is fair. I'm NOT taking off $4000 dollars off my price! They're not even worth that much brand new.

Just so you know.

Skyline_Addict
11-03-2006, 04:03 AM
bump

Skyline_Addict
11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
bump

Skyline_Addict
11-12-2006, 05:15 PM
bump. no lowballing please.

Skyline_Addict
11-14-2006, 07:15 AM
ttt

Skyline_Addict
11-23-2006, 06:50 PM
bump

13975 for everything.

arian_ma
12-18-2006, 06:09 PM
bump

whitexboi69
12-25-2006, 11:57 PM
can you get some interior pics man?

Skyline_Addict
12-29-2006, 05:49 PM
^^ pm me and i will send them to you.

have a few parties showing high interest at the car.

possible last-chance bump!

Skyline_Addict
12-30-2006, 12:25 PM
car is sold. thanks to everyone for the interest.

bigbadboss101
12-30-2006, 12:33 PM
You still looking at a Fit?