PDA

View Full Version : Stock Trading Tracking Spreadsheet

davidI
09-20-2006, 05:06 AM
Has anyone made an excel spreadsheet to track all of their trades? I was planning on whipping up a pretty comprehensive one, but I figured someone out there has probably already done so. PM me if you have a good one that you wouldn't mind e-mailing to me. When I have time I may be able to fine tune and enhance it at which time I can return the favour and send you my 'upgraded' version.

pinoyhero
09-20-2006, 06:01 AM
^If you have the caabilityto do it, wouldn't you feel better using your own rather than someone else's if you're going to be relying on it with your investments?

liquid1010
09-20-2006, 09:38 AM
I have a very simple one. Only took me about 20 minutes or so. Basically one page holds my trade info as in purchase price, date, trade commission costs and so forth. The other page has simple tables using current net earnings and price numbers to decipher EPS and P/E.

What info are you looking for in a spreadsheet?

davidI
09-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by liquid1010
I have a very simple one. Only took me about 20 minutes or so. Basically one page holds my trade info as in purchase price, date, trade commission costs and so forth. The other page has simple tables using current net earnings and price numbers to decipher EPS and P/E.

What info are you looking for in a spreadsheet?

I was basically going to do the same thing. Maybe include some sector information and what not. It's more or less just a way for me to track my stocks and be able to run my own charts & graphs. Also, I haven't looked into it too much yet but I was hoping to have the capability of pulling market data into my spreadsheet so I can track gains / losses etc. There are a lot of online spreadsheets that basically do this, but they don't allow much customation.

7thgenvic
09-21-2006, 01:27 AM
shoot. i had some wicked sheets on the old comp. Stupid new mac. I might be able to track mine down on my home comp :)

There are enough online sources to help you with what your looking for as to the criteria listed...

liquid1010
09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Sounds interesting. Do you have any links for spreadsheets like that? Mine is VERY simple.

89coupe
09-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Uhh...I just use the fancy tools provided to me in my trading account.:confused:

bigboom
09-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Uhh...I just use the fancy tools provided to me in my trading account.:confused:

+1

liquid1010
09-21-2006, 11:25 AM
For now I have been using all the tables and financials provided at Stockhouse. It's provides MA's, and usually all the financials neccesary.

The other thing is, what is the site that lists all the inside buying and selling?

Paul
09-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by liquid1010

The other thing is, what is the site that lists all the inside buying and selling?

https://www.sedi.ca/

broken_legs
09-23-2006, 10:53 PM
www.finance.yahoo.com

keeps track of date, news, commisions, current price, price paid, and it has fancy red and green arrows

I dont like the red arrows.

Mckenzie
09-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Yeah yahoo finance is great because you can enter a ton of info on it and it will track everything.

:werd:

Red in the portfolio sucks I agree!

I'm tempted to turn off the computer until October when the market will come around hopefully.