PDA

View Full Version : advice from snowboarders.

s4b0t4g3r
09-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm looking for the optimal setup for riding pipe/jumps. Whats good? Generally I'd think a longer board thats not too wide. But with a wide stance and duckfooted. Or should I be riding with a closer together stance with a longer board? Just something thats easy for air control i guess.

what setup you guys run for riding pipe and jumps. Note: I don't do rails haha.

ercchry
09-20-2006, 11:07 PM
what ever feels comfortable is best. just make sure it has good sharp edges

s4b0t4g3r
09-20-2006, 11:25 PM
like i know the ideal height is so the board is between ur nose and ur chin, but is that optimal for just riding alpine?

Lo)2enz0
09-20-2006, 11:37 PM
for pipe you want a stiff board that has good pop when your going up the side wall. you can notice the difference between a stiff and a soft board in the pipe. if your planning on doing freestyle, get a shorter board. i am 5'10 and i ride a 157 when i am out in the pipe. a shorty board will allow you to spin better as well.

remember there are boards made for different things. go to skaters or mission and talk to the guys there about the different boards for sale.

kkoz
09-20-2006, 11:39 PM
you want a shorter board for spins, wider stance for style.

Hash_man
09-20-2006, 11:44 PM
^^ I agree with whats said above, go with a shorter fairly stiff board for pipe and park. But stance is totally up to you, go out and try some different stances.

I liked duck footed when I used to ride a lot of park, but it doesnt feel great just for free-riding, so try a few different stances out, and go from there.

Seanith
09-21-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm going to be riding a lot of switch this year.. would a slight duck foot be best for this? as in more forward for my typical foot, and slightly back for my back foot? do you guys know what sort of degree settings you have your bindings set at ?

nosegrindR
09-21-2006, 12:03 PM
yea i'm at 15 degrees on front and back, i come from a skateboarding background, so riding switch and regular feels close to the same, duck stance FTW!

marko polo
09-21-2006, 12:14 PM
for the park and pipe I ride a twin directional 158 forum destroyer. I really like this board as it has alot of pop and like i said it twin directional so its well baclanced for all types of tricks. if you want a good park/pipe board at a decent price i reccomend a forum destroyer :thumbsup: