PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Sashimi: Where in Calgary?

clem24
09-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,

I really want to try out lobster sashimi. So far, I know of at least one place that has it (Yamato across from Churchill) and one place that I suspect has it (Taketomi Village across from T&T). Know of any others?

I know some of you are probably ready to puke at the thought (and I really love lobster cooked), but I guess I'll never know till I try. :thumbsup:

saiyajin
09-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Misai

Chopsticks

Fujiyama

Globefish

and it tastes pretty good :thumbsup:
much better in vancouver though (obviously):drool:

clem24
09-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Weird, I swear I posted a reply.

Have you actually tried the lobster sashimi at any of these places? I want to know:

a.) which restaurant?
b.) how was it?
c.) expensive?
d.) what did it come with?

I think the deal at Yamao is $55 or so for lobster sashimi with lobster miso soup and other assorted sashimi and sushi.

sh0ko
09-29-2006, 12:08 AM
theres lobster sashimi o fucking rights im gnona try this

mo_money2supe
09-29-2006, 12:11 AM
I've ever only tried it in Hong Kong years ago; it doesn't taste like lobster at all, just regular Sashimi. Still good though...pricey too!

sh0ko
09-29-2006, 12:24 AM
haha im excited man hahaha thanx for letting me know

clem24
10-05-2006, 12:03 AM
I had it at Yamato and it's a REALLY good deal. $80 for 4 people, you get lobster sashimi, crab salad, lobster miso soup, assorted sashimi and nigiri sushi, fried noodles and ice cream dessert. Superb deal and :drool: soooo f*cking good. I never thought raw lobster could taste so good.

If you do go to Yamato, I would seriously consider calling at least 3-4 days ahead of time and ask for a fresh lobster. This ensures that you get a fresh lobster. Heck, I'd say whichever place you decide on, call and order it ahead. I assume it's not an item that is sold regularly, so it might not always be fresh or available.

BTW, Sushi Bar Miki in Bowness/Montgomery also has lobster sashimi, though not sure how much (menu just says "market price"). :eek: