PDA

View Full Version : LG Chocolate

Donmega
09-21-2006, 11:40 PM
So after the hype on the Nokia slider phone, theres one more comin our way. Its suppose to be here in October and Jan 2007 for Bell. So far my Nokia isnt bad at all, but i wouldnt mind switching over to the LG even though I lose a megapixel for the cam. What do you guys think about this phone??

http://www.probuem.ru/i/uploads/LG_Chocolate.jpg http://www.kerignard.com/blog2/uploaded_images/lg_chocolate-720703.jpg

VW02
09-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Thats a really sleek and nice looking phone! go for it :D

slick2404
09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
i've seen it in person and used it....the one i used was touch screen which added ALOT of class...check out the videos on youtube

jdm_jspec
09-21-2006, 11:45 PM
its a nicee phone, awesome for music...its been gettin good reviews.
its already here though....
ive seen it around
you can buy it.
the little cell phone stand,in the middle...
in Market Mall across from Browns shoes/
by the starbucks, haha i forgot what their called
but they have it in.

t-im
09-21-2006, 11:55 PM
The only bad thing i've read about this phone is potential keypad issues.

?????
09-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Phones been out for a few months already. Its a nice phone but i like my samsung e900 better its almost the same but the e900 is a tad bit smaller. Has the touch pad too.

RX_EVOLV
09-22-2006, 12:07 AM
I've been using that phone for about a month now. And all I can say is " all show no go"

the phone itself is really cool, you have your head sensitive navi pad which works amazingly well. The phone itself is thin, sliding mech is good, and it comes w/ a remote for mp3 much like the W810. But other than that the phone itself lacks alot of functions.

For starter, in that price range all its competitor has 2MP camera whlie this one only has 1.3MP. it does have 128MB built in but no external memory so the MP3 part is not that great. It also lacks other what i considered basic functions such as speaker phone, voice dial etc. A friend of mine were trying to send me this pic he took w/ his K600i ( 2MP), the first picture said the file size was too big to view ( i guess the max is 640kb.. kind of sad). So he sent me another smaller picture also taken w/ the phone, and my LG chocolate says "invalid file type, cannot open"

It also has some little things that could be annoying, like the Message memory is set to like 125msg max including both incoming and outgoing. so I max that out every week and have to manually empty it. there are also some flaw w/ the T9.

But other than the lack of functions, i really like the phone and have no regret buying it. Battery life is good, screen is bright ( viewable outside), design is solid, keypad feel is alright, and such a headturner. I will probably keep using this phone until W850 drop in price, then I will be all over that like white on rice

When i was shopping I was deciding between the chocolate and the samsung E900. although the E900 (also has a heat sensitive navi pad) is more feature pack ( 2MP etc), I think its design is way tooo boring. hard to beat black w/ red :D

there is white chocolate out there now too, it looks kinda cool

Importz
09-22-2006, 12:12 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bBQ6s_OLOWE&mode=related&search=

Donmega
09-22-2006, 12:22 AM
as far as it goes, this one is a CDMA version being the its coming out on Telus and Bell so using the Samsung e900 isnt an option :(

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
it does have 128MB built in but no external memory so the MP3 part is not that great

doesnt it take microSD?

Donmega
09-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Importz
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bBQ6s_OLOWE&mode=related&search=

LOL........BAM!

RX_EVOLV
09-22-2006, 12:33 AM
not the one I got.. LG chocolate is a line of product, so there are many different phones called LG chocolate ( such as the one showed in the above youtube site) .

the one I got, and the one in your picture, is a KG800 and it does not have an external SD card slot. I know some other version of chocolate does though.

Pihsiak
09-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Isn't there 3 chocolate phones?

a candy bar, a slider and a flip

And as for the kid in the video, I wonder who's cock he had to suck to get that phone?

DepTrotter
09-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
Isn't there 3 chocolate phones?

a candy bar, a slider and a flip

And as for the kid in the video, I wonder who's cock he had to suck to get that phone?

his fathers?

toyboy88
09-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

his fathers?

...u mean his fathers boss?:rolleyes: ;)

DepTrotter
09-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

...u mean his fathers boss?:rolleyes: ;)

no man i said what i meant

thanks

core_upt
09-22-2006, 03:34 PM
it's a phone that smells like chocolate.

it's a phone, it's chocolate...it's delicious!!!

Pihsiak
09-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
it's a phone that smells like chocolate.

it's a phone, it's chocolate...it's delicious!!!

... :confused:

I think I'll go slit my wrist with a http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/images/products/phones/V3c_phoneselect.gif but before I do, I'm gonna throw a http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/images/products/phones/PEBL_phoneselect.gif at you.

RX_EVOLV
09-22-2006, 04:40 PM
hahaha

when he say it smells like chocolate, he meant it quite literately! I believe the Euro version of LG chocolate actually has a chocolate scent to it!! but not the azn versin of the ones we are about to get in canada though

C4S
09-22-2006, 11:24 PM
I hv mine for few months, so far so good .. still the nicest looking phone around, however, so easy to scratch .. :dunno:

And NO SPEAKER PHONE!! :dunno: :banghead:

Donmega
09-23-2006, 12:28 AM
:( yeah that kinda sucks, wish there was sumtin to keep it new, and not bulk it up or make it look stupid

RX_EVOLV
09-23-2006, 12:58 AM
my Chocolate came w/ a hard case. But it ruined the "chocolate" feel of the phone so i didnt use the top part, just using the bottom one. Yours didnt come with one?

Donmega
09-23-2006, 01:05 AM
:) i dont have one yet, cuz im with Telus.....they're getting a CDMA version in October...which ill eventually get

ogpog
09-23-2006, 01:20 AM
I just got my Nokia 6265i, and I love it to death. And i just would rather have all of the functionality and reliability over something named after a common cause of obesity.

KuruptEX
09-23-2006, 01:36 AM
unipage -dragon city

has it for 700(unlocked)

?????
09-23-2006, 03:10 AM
$700 is ALOT for that phone. Try www.markways.com

HiSpec
09-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
I've been using that phone for about a month now. And all I can say is " all show no go"

the phone itself is really cool, you have your head sensitive navi pad which works amazingly well. The phone itself is thin, sliding mech is good, and it comes w/ a remote for mp3 much like the W810. But other than that the phone itself lacks alot of functions.

For starter, in that price range all its competitor has 2MP camera whlie this one only has 1.3MP. it does have 128MB built in but no external memory so the MP3 part is not that great. It also lacks other what i considered basic functions such as speaker phone, voice dial etc. A friend of mine were trying to send me this pic he took w/ his K600i ( 2MP), the first picture said the file size was too big to view ( i guess the max is 640kb.. kind of sad). So he sent me another smaller picture also taken w/ the phone, and my LG chocolate says "invalid file type, cannot open"

It also has some little things that could be annoying, like the Message memory is set to like 125msg max including both incoming and outgoing. so I max that out every week and have to manually empty it. there are also some flaw w/ the T9.

But other than the lack of functions, i really like the phone and have no regret buying it. Battery life is good, screen is bright ( viewable outside), design is solid, keypad feel is alright, and such a headturner. I will probably keep using this phone until W850 drop in price, then I will be all over that like white on rice

When i was shopping I was deciding between the chocolate and the samsung E900. although the E900 (also has a heat sensitive navi pad) is more feature pack ( 2MP etc), I think its design is way tooo boring. hard to beat black w/ red :D

there is white chocolate out there now too, it looks kinda cool

The E900 is a direct competition against the Chocolate. And most of my friends in HK said E900 is better for everyday use because it is rich in features. However, the Chocolate has much more "wow" in appearance then E900.
About W850i... its funny, the SE sites said it is released. But there are no signs of it on Ebay.