PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a pocket bike Help?

RawB8figure
09-22-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm looking to buy a pocket bike and was wondering if you can get them for a good price here in calgary. On ebay they are slling them for like 5-10$ with 140$ for shipping and insurance out of Vancouver. Is that a good price. Also what makes are good. Is Giovanna or Zeimini any good.

Thanks

Supa Dexta
09-22-2006, 09:06 PM
giovanni is fine, basic chinese bike, nothing amazing.... the ones selling for that little on ebay are legit, they guy can't sell them to the states anymore, so hes off loading them...

These cheap little bikes get boring quick, and need constant attention, they are finicky and break down a fair bit. But thats half the fun, working on them..

carter_prelude
09-22-2006, 09:15 PM
yea my co-worker got one of the mini quads tons of fun, they actually go pretty damn quick. But, so do the bushings, they are made cheap and once they go you gotta make your own haha, which as stated above is half the fun. You make it stronger than it was stock, then something else goes and you gotta fix it. He got his for like...$500 shipped to our shop... I think it's still worth it to buy them :thumbsup: gut the pipe for some added HP ;)

schurchill39
09-23-2006, 12:13 PM
I got my bike for 180 (shipping and all to my door). They vibrate alot so before I even road it I lock-titened everything and replaced some hose clamps, besides that I think they are a blast expecially if you have some friends to ride with.

I got the urban camo giovanni pocket bike BTW, Now i am looking at maybe getting am ini snowmobile if i can find one.

TypeS
09-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Me and a few buddies have recently gotten into these things, and as finiky as they are, they can be shitloads of fun!
We bought 5 of em and we've been setting up tracks and such to have sprint races on. It gets pretty heated since these things actually do go pretty quick!
Our first race was kindof amateur, no helmets or protection, but we didnt expect to be pushing these things to their limits! Once you've got someone pushing for your position you start to brake later and later into the corners, and you push every friggen ounce of power out of them and ofcourse one of us ended up eating shit! My dad took a hard spill and now we all wear helmets and pads and whatnot!!
We were going to go out and race Sun 24th actually since its supposed to be 21 degrees.

We've been trying to find other people who have the chinese bikes that want to come out and have some fun!!
my # is 708-6097, if anyone wants to come and get in on the race give me a shout sunday morning.

These are a few of our bikes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/kornitarium/IMG_1057.jpg
My bike (BCPB)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/kornitarium/IMG_1058.jpg
Jake's bike is the black one (Giovanni)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/kornitarium/IMG_1061.jpg
My dad's bike is the grey camo (Giovanni)

We have a green camo Zeimini (slow as all hell) and another giovanni (bright pink) aswell.

I would NOT recommend getting a Zeimini, for some reason the thing only does half the speed of our giovanni's and my BCPB. The black giovanni we have is the fastest one, simply because its the most broken in. The more you use them, the clutch springs soften up a bit and it will engage its powerband quicker and quicker, so the black one comes out of the corners like a friggen rocket!

I would check out www.BCPBdeals.com, thats where I got my bike. They come with some good features and the guy whos selling them is really good about any shipping damages (which are common) The only bad thing about his bikes is they come with a different gear ratio than the giovannis, its set up more for top speed at the expense of low end acceleration.
I ended up swapping out the gears for a giovanni setup because our tracks that we race on are more corners than straightaways, so it serves me better to have acceleration.

Anyway anyone who wants to come out and have a hell of a time gimme a call or a pm!!

turbotrip
09-23-2006, 04:15 PM
^i have an all black giovanni that has some "performance parts" lol so its fast compared to the regular ones but i havent really rode it around other than up and down my street.
where do u guys usually race them cuz if its close i might get the bike working again and see how fast/slow it is compared to urs

RawB8figure
09-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Anyone go the dirtbike ones. I think that is the one I am going to get. Are the giovanna one any good or is there a better one for the money. Are there any other websites that you can order them from in canada.

Thanks

schurchill39
09-23-2006, 09:45 PM
ebay canada

turbotrip
09-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by RawB8figure
Are the giovanna one any good or is there a better one for the money.

the lucky7 is the best bike for the money

Fusion
09-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Damn me and my friend use to play pocket bike 2 years ago we have a bout 10 bikes.. its was really fun.. now i'm getting 50cc KTM mini dirk bike 2007..it kinda pricy

Hash_man
09-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Those things are fun but I just about killed myself last time I rode one. What do you guys wear for padding ? helmets?

Supa Dexta
09-27-2006, 08:53 PM
I dont usually wear too much, but also get scraped up on occasion.. My buddies at work wreck the shit out of mine, as most of them have never been on bikes, and then hop on not knowing the brakes and steering will be so touchy..

One guy had a small spill the other day on it, then rolled it back over to me, I went to start it not knowing the throttle cable was stuck, so when it started it was flat out, I had ahold of it in my left hand and it was jumping all around, and then did a burn out on my shin! ha.. So thats healing now, it was pretty raw, and nothing I seen comming..

I picked up a speedo for a bicycle, and calibrated it for the pocket bikes wheels and mine maxed out at 44km/h, so these little things will move right along and can be quite dangerous if you go sliding or smash your head.....

TypeS
10-01-2006, 11:54 AM
yea Ive got a couple gear ratio setups for my bike, the 6 tooth pinion with the 68 tooth sprocket does about 42-44km/h, but if I swap the rear sprocket for the 54 that i've got, it'll do about 53km/h...nice for longer tracks but when you stretch the gear ratio out you loose a little bottem end power, so it doesnt come out of the corners as fast

btw where did you get the speedo?

Bits
10-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Toys for Boys on Edmonton Trail has parts and bikes in stock, prices are pretty good too. I have 5 minquads in my garage mines getting the 100cc treatment right now. These things are cheap and fun to tinker with. Pocketbikes on the way.
www.toys4boyscalgary.com Tell em Bits sent ya

AllGoNoShow
10-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Were putting 2 back together in my garage, 1 is my bros and I don't know if he will sell it but my buddy wants to sell his.

Independant suspension in the rear, couple upgrades for carbs and such, got some exhausts to choose from, a carbon fibre or a basically straight through, both loud as hell, the carbon fibre actually changed the bike a little and it picked up pretty good off the line. If your interested I can grab some more details. He got it from Board brothers, let me know, its shut down now but its a hella fun bike.

drox
10-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
Those things are fun but I just about killed myself last time I rode one. What do you guys wear for padding ? helmets? My motorcycle leathers and shoei helmet :nut: haha

I lean the bikes over pretty far while cornering and drag pegs on the ground even with much smaller ones that only stick out half as much as stock. Its not fun low siding a pocket bike going down hill around a hair pin @ ~60km/h

These things are a blast if you learn how to ride them :burnout: Id suggest some kind of gear... you could really hurt yourself lol. At the very least a helmet and leather gloves.

nonsane
10-06-2006, 07:43 AM
What is the difference between the giovani and the zeimini i bought a zeimini, is there a way to upgrade it to go like the giovani?