PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about my phone!

adidas
09-23-2006, 12:07 AM
I got a Motorola v635 about a year ago, and its been problems ever since.

First, music player plays only 5 songs then says "error", i still have this problem till this day.

Second, the phone has problems turning on.

Third, scratches on the outside of the phone from opening and closing. (Def not my fault)

When i first wanted to send this phone in they said it would take 4-6 weeks for repairs. 4 to 6 weeks is a long period of time and i dont plan on waiting that long for something that i paid good money for it to work properly. And they also wanted to give me a loaner phone...and this phone would of been the most basic phone, no thanks, at the time my phone was at the top of the line.

I really dont know what to do, i dont have money to purchase another phone, but i would really like to have the same phone as i like soem functions taht come with it.

Would it possible for me to go to Rogers(my provider) and ask them to replace the phone for me since its a lemon or would i have to go through Motorola?

Thanks.

88CRXGUY
09-23-2006, 09:33 AM
After a year I think that the chances of them taking it back is slim. Its like taking a car back to the dealership after a year and saying the axels are broken, I want a new car. If you were having problems with it within 30 days I am sure that they could make an excpetion(only playing 5 mp3 songs and saying error). Since that the phone is over a year old and its used, I dout they will take it back. Sell that phone that you have and buy a new one.

adidas
09-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I got in contact with Motorola and it seemed like they want to solve my problem...i will see how that goes if it falls through then i will jsut end up selling the phone!

Nova316
09-24-2006, 12:41 AM
You should be able to return a phone if its still under warrenty
My phone was a P.O.S. C350 i think it was
They took it back after a year and gave me a lender phone
until they fixed it
so it shouldnt be a hassle for them to fix it :)

And rogers did end up replacing my C350 with a newer phone for free