PDA

View Full Version : Glenmore and Blackfoot

Tik-Tok
09-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Driving westbound on glenmore, and the cops had the turnoff to northbound Blackfoot blocked off. There was a lamppost on the ground, and a mid-large sized car flipped over, sorry no pics, but does anyone know anything about it? Looked like a single car accident from my view, but I was going 100 past it.

ninspeed
09-23-2006, 05:24 PM
It was a modded 350z, silver... upside down.. Not too sure what happned, but i just saw it comming home (coming off blackfoot north, on to glenmore west)

Tik-Tok
09-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
It was a modded 350z, silver... upside down.. Not too sure what happned, but i just saw it comming home (coming off blackfoot north, on to glenmore west)

Really? Look bigger from my view, of course I don't see to many cars upside down though :nut:

carter_prelude
09-23-2006, 06:28 PM
tokyo drifto...jk...

anyone get pics? i hope their ok

tictactoe2004
09-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Really? Look bigger from my view, of course I don't see to many cars upside down though :nut:

I saw it too, yeah, it was a 350Z on its roof just like the above poster said... That was last night - I took the turnoff today and noticed the lamp post was laying on the ground with the cement base still attached to it and police tape around it... i've never seen a lamp post come out of the ground with the concrete base like that before... looked like a big wipe out

bart
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
they are designed like that on purpose... they seperate from the cement base. they are just bolted down for such accidents. if it were cemented in, the driver would be dead by now.

b_t
09-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

I saw it too, yeah, it was a 350Z on its roof just like the above poster said... That was last night - I took the turnoff today and noticed the lamp post was laying on the ground with the cement base still attached to it and police tape around it... i've never seen a lamp post come out of the ground with the concrete base like that before... looked like a big wipe out

They come out really easy. :D saved my car from a write-off and probably myself from a big hospital stay.

me&you
09-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Talked to the driver last night. He's ok and walked away. Luckily had a friend following behind that was able to assist prior to the EMS.

The car was not modded.

2003 Performance pack USA car.

Driver says he was only going 38 MPH and the car went squirrly on him. Apparently, the ESP never kicked in and viola: upside down 350.

me&you
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by bart
they are designed like that on purpose... they seperate from the cement base. they are just bolted down for such accidents. if it were cemented in, the driver would be dead by now.

Except this time, it didn't seperate from the base...