PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Lessons

ashee
09-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Soo my parents bought me a really nice guitar about 3 years ago now because I thought I was going to learn how to play it. Haven't touched it in probably 2 years and I'm thinking I should probably learn how some time soon or else its just going to sit in my room not being used and it's too nice for that. So to get to my question, does anyone know of someone/somewhere that give good lessons?

hussein
09-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I give good lessons. ;)

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Guitar start with that?

ashee
09-23-2006, 06:16 PM
I already tried to watch the guitar lesson DVD I'm sure I need a person so show me haha.

CarbonCopy
09-23-2006, 06:18 PM
*Drumroll for EK*...

But really, try the newspaper/campus message boards?

Graham_A_M
09-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Go to the Guitar works, on Mac trail right south of Chinook on the east side, right beside McDicks and Harvey's. My old Guitar teacher was "Neil" (I think.. its been a while and only took 4 lessons) but he was incredible, and VERY knowledgable.. thanks to a degree in music. I was really impressed by him, but dont live in Calgary anymore so I can't continue my lessons. If its not "Neil" go ask for the tall long haired, skinny blond guy. They'll know who your talking about.

kerry
09-23-2006, 06:54 PM
I teach guitar lessons =)
That guy from Guitarworks isn't very good.
I didn't like him, he had a degree in composition which
will not make you a better player if you don't have skill.
He was nice though.

If you want a really really really good teacher the best I've seen
is probably some old dude at Music Centre Canada.

Either that or I could actually teach you and yes I do really teach.

Seanith
09-23-2006, 07:04 PM
check pm b16

kerry
09-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Whoa didn't see that comin lol

rage2
09-23-2006, 08:13 PM
haha B16EM1 is an awesome player and teacher. He's godlike in his playing. My playing has improved 10 fold since he's been teaching me.