PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Worthy Project?

TEAMFaint
09-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Hey you guys, I am not very automotive mechanic inclined; bodywork is more my cup of tea, so I need to know what you mechanics out here think about this project:

93 Honda Civic Hatchie (Non-SI)
23x,xxx kms
Automatic
Power nothing
Was involved in an accident sometime last year and was written off during the process.

What the car needs:
Upper Ball Joint (Current one is bad)
Rear shocks (Current are leaking)
Front Brake Pads
Rack and Pinion & Bellows
Allignment
Right outer CV Boot

Now yes this is quite the list unfortunately, this car will need to pass the inspection in order to get a rebuilt status, which I am totally up for. The asking price is $700 for this civic.

Now this may seem like a lot to throw into it..but I found something quite interesting in a towing spa a ways away..

92 Civic Hatchie (Non-SI)
Front Driver Side Impact, Written off
5 speed
Power nothing
Frame damage on the front, not repairable.
Engine untouched
Struts are perfect
Brakes are perfect
Tires look to be brand new
Glass is in perfect condition
Interior is amazingly clean.

Now here is the big shocker...the 92 has a whopping 92,xxx km's on the whole car itself!
I put in an offer for the car and it was a lowball..suprizingly I got a phone call back and they took my offer they said I could pick up the car anytime.

Now here is the question: How hard would it be to move everything from the 92 to the 93? The big thing will be the Rack & Pinion & Bellows...everything else should be straightforward. I may do the 5 speed swap later on but it can wait.

What do you guys think, a worthy project to get a reliable winter vehicle?

schurchill39
09-23-2006, 09:21 PM
If you have the time and space to do it, i think it would be worth it. By the sounds of it you have all the parts you need on the parts car. It sounds like its just a question of "Are you up to it?"

If you need a hand let me know.

Weapon_R
09-23-2006, 10:20 PM
All that work and you'll still have a car with rebuilt status...not worth it really.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Deffinitely a project... it's your time, but don't expect to ever get much for the car if you decide to sell it... it's one of those "drive it to the ground" kind of cars. So it's completely your choice on whether you want to do it. If you do decide to do it... I wanna take a look, I'm not really mechanically inclined myself, but i'd be willing to help (more electrically inclined)