PDA

View Full Version : I Got a new Car

BarryBeach
07-17-2002, 01:39 AM
Well it's been a long week ... But I closed the deal on my Jetta today.

here are the Specs.

'97 Volkswagen:bigpimp: Jetta GT.

5 spd, With short-Shift (65%) <--------- My fav. part.

2.0L engine (I know VR6 better but i need to chill out on tickets:) )
(Racing Chip installed)

Blue Pearl.

everything else is factory ... but i have some plans for the very near future ... stay tooned :bigpimp:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-17-2002, 01:43 AM
congrats man
fine piece of geman enginering
:thumbsup:
:bigpimp: PIIIMP !!!

Ben
07-17-2002, 01:45 AM
w00t! Nice Buy...Jetta Powah, hahahaha or lack there of it...yet...

I have a 65% reduction as well, damn nice hey!

BarryBeach
07-17-2002, 01:48 AM
haha very true ... but I have to lay-off on the excessive speed I already have 11 DM's pinned on me (All very minor stuff ... U-Turn, wrong left hand turn ect ... ) but DAMN does it ever show on insurance

So I will just put all my money into making it look and run forEVER

James
07-17-2002, 01:49 AM
Driving in that car today really made me miss my VW! :(

Cant wait to see what it looks like in due time!:bigpimp:

BarryBeach
07-17-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by James
Driving in that car today really made me miss my VW! :(

Cant wait to see what it looks like in due time!:bigpimp:

LOL in due time ... in due time

And you should miss your 'Dub ... although I like the MR2 (Very fun car)... it's just not plausible for everyday life ... I mean come on.. Benny almost had to carry his suitcase on his lap. NOT COOL :D

Ben
07-17-2002, 01:57 AM
it wasn't that big of a bag either...now Jetta Truncks, DAMN! They are huge! I fit 4 complete wheels w/ rubber, 14"'s into my trunk, with still enough room for a garbage bag of cans...and I have a SMALL CAR!

You shoulda seen when I mowed rages lawn and had to bring my mower and weed eater over...HAHAHA

BarryBeach
07-17-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Benny
it wasn't that big of a bag either...now Jetta Truncks, DAMN! They are huge! I fit 4 complete wheels w/ rubber, 14"'s into my trunk, with still enough room for a garbage bag of cans...and I have a SMALL CAR!

You shoulda seen when I mowed rages lawn and had to bring my mower and weed eater over...HAHAHA

Yeah my trunk is HUGE ... i'm gonna put 2 10's in and I will still have more than enough room to fit a couple golf bags in there :bigpimp: .

James
07-17-2002, 02:00 AM
You should see Barrys trunk!!:eek: you could easily fit 4, maybe 5 dead bodies in there! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Ben
07-17-2002, 02:02 AM
well, in my trunk i have my dual 10" sub box, and I can still fit completely inside and shut the trunk...

BarryBeach
07-17-2002, 02:05 AM
well, in my trunk i have my dual 10" sub box, and I can still fit completely inside and shut the trunk...

absolutly insane ... i love Vee Dub's ... also mine came with a roof rack ... VERY handy for snowboarding ... or hanging annoying brothers from ... whatever floats your boat

Fluidic
07-17-2002, 02:16 AM
Ahh Barry... you have made me proud! :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Peter

Fluidic
07-17-2002, 02:16 AM

Extra-room for all of those Race City "runs"! LOL

Peter

BarryBeach
07-17-2002, 02:24 AM
LOL i wish ... it's got a 2.slow L in it ... Very peppy still i must say ...

But i think for now ... i will just be a spectator at race city .. until i can go BUCK WILD.:D

P.S. i thought you would like it

HRD2PLZ
07-17-2002, 08:06 AM
Nice :thumbsup: Jetta's are sweet! BTW- Did you buy from a dealer or private? If it was from a dealer I probably saw it...i think in the past 2 weeks I've been to every major Calgary dealership :banghead: :nut:

BarryBeach
07-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
Nice :thumbsup: Jetta's are sweet! BTW- Did you buy from a dealer or private? If it was from a dealer I probably saw it...i think in the past 2 weeks I've been to every major Calgary dealership :banghead: :nut:

No it was private ... the guy told me to just take it from him before he got depressed :D

HRD2PLZ
07-17-2002, 11:09 AM
:rofl: So true. I saw a medium blue 97 Jetta GT that sounds like yours at Northland Pontiac...it was lowered and had the short shifter and stuff. Nice cars! I almost bought a 99 GLX VR6, but somebody else beat me to it:madred:

sexualbanana
07-17-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by BarryBeach

<snip>
Blue Pearl.
<snip>

it's purple!! jk:rofl: