PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle accident

marko polo
09-24-2006, 11:30 PM
this happened on crowchild right before the memorial ramp. A guy in late 40's was goin prolly like 90 k in a 60 approaching a car in front of him and does a quick lane change and realizes there is a truck with a trailer in that lane and slams on his front brake locking up his wheel causing him to fall on his side and slide the bike under the trailer while he is rolling on the ground coming to a stop 5 feet in front of my screaching car, the guy slowly looks up at my car then lays back on the ground, prolly thinking what the hell just happened and why are my pants wet.

The guys bike looked pretty fucked it was stuck underneath the trailer and got dragged about 80 feet. but all in all the guy was fairly ok he got up a few minutes later looked a bit shaken up but for how bad it could have been i he was in pretty good shape. im just glad i was driving my gti and not the truck cause i dont think i would have been able to stop in time and that would have been really ugly.

CarbonCopy
09-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Good thing hes OK, and good thing that you were driving a car capable of stopping.

But really, I don't wanna be the grammar police... I have to. That sentence was the single most difficult sentence to read; ever.

marko polo
09-24-2006, 11:42 PM
sorry for bad grammar but im to lazy to take my time

SilverBoost
09-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Usually bike, accident, and 90k don't end up in the same sentence and make for a happy ending. Good to see he walked away pretty much.

In a related bike incident, I was on deerfoot yesterday and doing a few kms over the limit.... let's say 120 for the sake of the story. I look in my rear view and a sport bike is so close to my rear bumper that I can barely see his windscreen! Literally all I'd have to do is tap the brake and this guy would have been into me. Luckily my name isn't Stoppie or this guy might have been toast. ;)

But anyhow, guy, if you happen to read this, I'm not the type to go slamming on my brakes, but you made me so nervous to even try to lane change because I had no idea what you were planning on doing and God forbid if I had to brake unexpectedly. Just keep it back a few feet next time k? :thumbsup: I don't want you running into me and more than you do.

marko polo
09-25-2006, 12:05 PM
i would have took pics but i didnt want to be rude so no pics guys

SilverBoost
09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
^^^

Yeah it's not really a great scenario when you're that close to all.

"Holy shit, you ok? Good. Say cheese"

Unknown303
09-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
^^^

Yeah it's not really a great scenario when you're that close to all.

"Holy shit, you ok? Good. Say cheese"

But man would that make for some good journalism. Glad to hear only the bike was fucked up. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson about speeding.

marko polo
09-25-2006, 12:39 PM
i was so surprised when i saw how old the guy was, i was expecting some young punk because he was riding pretty aggressive but the guy took off his helmet and he had gray hair and glasses.

bspot
09-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Good on you for reacting fast enough to save the guys life. I can't imagine, even if it wasn't my fault, how bad it would mess me up if I hit a biker and killed them. Did you get out and talk to the guy? Or just wait for him to clear off the road and keep going?

marko polo
09-25-2006, 01:24 PM
ya i got out to see if he was ok, moved some debris off the road and made sure his bike didnt catch fire as it was still running underneath the trailer.

nadroj23
09-25-2006, 01:57 PM
props to you man, thats one thing i dont want on my mind is not being the cause of the accident that killed a biker but being the person minding his own buisness killing a biker............glad to hear everybody is ok and glad to see good people like yourself on the road :)

scat19
09-26-2006, 07:20 PM
im surprised mark even gets up in the morning let alone spelling shit right on the net.

glad your ok dude.