PDA

View Full Version : Props to U-Wrench

adam c
09-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Well over the weekend i had to do some work on my car, its the first time ive done and oil change myself and i also replaced the brakes..

i felt pretty dumb for not knowing how do simple things but the guys at U-wrench were pretty helpful and patient..

they walked me though the steps of doing the oilchange and helped me with my brakes..

all in all i spent 55 for Mobil 1 and filter, 120 for all new brake pads, around 10 for misc items like gloves, and 77 for the bay/hoist/tools rentals from u-wrench.. now that i know how to do everything it should be half of that next time..

but yea anyways, good guys there. i would recommend if u dont already go there. the owner said i was probably the 5th person that day that said they found about this place from beyond

nusneak
09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Where is it? I used to know where it was but then they moved and a carwash is there now I think.

adam c
09-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Toms-SC
09-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Yes, they are great :thumbsup:

Zero102
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
I wish there was a place like this in Vernon.
My garage floor is so f'ed up there is no way I can work on cars in there, and my driveway is really sloped :(

SilverBoost
09-25-2006, 01:48 PM
I would have problems with my breaks as well... like knowing where to find them.

Now 'brakes', I know how to fix.

;) jfwy man.....

Good job on the DIY. You always get more satisfaction when you learn how to do shit yourself. In all honesty though, I've always got my brakes done by a pro. It's something about that thing that makes you stop that makes me want to make sure I got it all correct. :) But kudos to you for learning.

Thanks for the link BTW. I have a garage, but that rentable paint booth might come in handy.

SinisterProbeGt
09-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

brandon
09-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
I wish there was a place like this in Vernon.
My garage floor is so f'ed up there is no way I can work on cars in there, and my driveway is really sloped :(

If yah need a garage or anything shoot me a pm i am in sicamous!

Toms-SC
09-25-2006, 05:17 PM
um wtf is with the url deletes

Phuqu
09-25-2006, 05:56 PM
It's considered advertising.

Crymson
09-25-2006, 06:14 PM
weak

Zero102
09-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by brandon

If yah need a garage or anything shoot me a pm i am in sicamous!

Cool, that's not far at all from me! Thanks for the offer.
I'm doing some work on my 951 in my front yard right now, it looks pretty ghetto, but I'm in a 'bad' neighborhood, so I fit right in :)

Redlyne_mr2
09-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

Cool, that's not far at all from me! Thanks for the offer.
I'm doing some work on my 951 in my front yard right now, it looks pretty ghetto, but I'm in a 'bad' neighborhood, so I fit right in :)
Hahaha do hit up the yorks benchpress in the front yard when your done working on your car.

Zero102
09-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Hahaha do hit up the yorks benchpress in the front yard when your done working on your car.

Not until I drink 4 beers on my front step!
Then I have to somehow lose my shirt and find a dog to yell at. Then I would fit in.....

That or if I drove an integra with 2 mufflers but only one that is connected. You either have to be a redneck or a ricer to live in my neighborhood apparently.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Just wanted to bump so I could give props to U-wrench as well. Was there and swapped my ebrake cables on the hoist. Great guys, lots of help, and cheap too! They know what they're talking about, for both domestic and import cars.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kaput
12-04-2006, 11:17 PM

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Well they all wander around. But there is an ontsite mechanic, and they do charge for help from him (I got charged like... 35 for his help) The rest are just enthusiasts who are mostly part-owners of the place, from what I gather, but they all have automotive experience.

Tha VZA
12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
can someone PM me with the contact info?

edit: nevermind found it

ciao

Cheeze
12-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Props to Uwrench. Dave is awesome.
:thumbsup:

RickDaTuner
12-05-2006, 07:34 PM
i was there not to long ago, changed out a DP on my car, took me an hour and 10 min, i had most of the tools i needed to do the job, but i had to use a cut off wheel to remove a stripped bolt, all in all it came out to 27 bucks, would have been 20 even if it wasn't for that damn bolt.

just if you guys are using the hoist make sure you see where the have the lift arms placed so it doesn't damage the underside of your vehicle body, i failed to pay attention to that since i was all go and no see, and a few parts of my side skirts were crushed a tad...:thumbsup:

euro_racer
12-05-2006, 07:41 PM
damn never knew something like this existed..i wonder how much they charge by the hour and if you can leave a car there over-night since im having a pretty big project comming up and space at my house is very limited

does anyone know?

maybe pm me the # or location of the place :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
12-05-2006, 07:44 PM
$16/hr for a repair bay, $20 with hoist. The guys there are all pretty nice, and offer to help. If they actually have to do physical work, they charge a small fee.

They also provide welding machines, paint booths, and exhaust pipe bending machines for a small charge.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-05-2006, 10:19 PM
They charge 35 for overnight (to thaw out) there's very limited space. Their usually pretty lax about charging, just as long as they pay the bills.

They're pretty cool, guys, didn't charge me much... Came to like 20 for hoist, 16 for bay, 35 for the tech/mechanic's help and some tax... So came to like 70 bucks, and you have free access to their tools.

hellraiser456
12-05-2006, 11:21 PM
hey can some one drop me a pm on the where abouts of this place

whiskas
12-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Do they provide a place to dump your dirty oil and do they have any buckets or other containers to catch the oil pouring out of the oilpan?

Driving to the firestation to dump my oil is too much work, my neighbors flower garden is much more convenient :thumbsup:

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Do they provide a place to dump your dirty oil and do they have any buckets or other containers to catch the oil pouring out of the oilpan?

Driving to the firestation to dump my oil is too much work, my neighbors flower garden is much more convenient :thumbsup:

Ya, they have catchpans that you can just leave the oil in and they'll disperse it.

It's great.

Tha VZA
12-06-2006, 07:24 PM
i called the guy and he said since i have experience with tire machine's i would just have to pay for the time i use

this save's me A LOT of money considering the amount of wheels and tires i have!!! really happy to find this place!

thanks for the info from people who have been there before!

ciao