PDA

View Full Version : Need wiring information?...I can help

wrxer1
09-25-2006, 04:22 PM
If anyone here needs wiring information, color codes, part numbers, some factory service manuals, etc, I can help you out.
I'm a certified car audio installer and have access to many websites and resources.

Jeff

FiveFreshFish
09-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the generous offer. I'll remember to PM you if I'm ever in need of this info.

:thumbsup:

AzN'SKillZ
09-26-2006, 01:34 AM
i could use a little help acutally, wen i bought my car the guy took out his amps and subs and kept them, so i had a red wire connect to my battery and im prity sure thats for the amp. this red wire kept on killing my battery so i had to disconect it and this led to some more eletronic problems such as head lights not turning on horn not workin. any ideas?

fluid
09-26-2006, 09:43 PM
PM'D

wrxer1
09-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ
i could use a little help acutally, wen i bought my car the guy took out his amps and subs and kept them, so i had a red wire connect to my battery and im prity sure thats for the amp. this red wire kept on killing my battery so i had to disconect it and this led to some more eletronic problems such as head lights not turning on horn not workin. any ideas?

This red wire is a constant 12V power source for the amps. If this connected with a ground, would cause a short and most likely blow the fuse, hopefully there is one installed under the hood.
When did your headlights stop working?

fluid
09-28-2006, 04:42 PM
wrxer1 is a very helpful guy!:clap:

Crymson
09-29-2006, 08:25 AM
wrxer1,

I've got an electrical problem, but it's not stereo related.

My steering column switch was replaced due to a failed but destructive attempt to steal the vehicle, and fixed under insurance. However, the highbeams and lowbeams are now backwards (highbeams on, when low beams should be on), any easy way to remedy this without pulling off the wheel (airbags i don't want to fuck with, m'kay)?

wrxer1
09-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
wrxer1,

I've got an electrical problem, but it's not stereo related.

My steering column switch was replaced due to a failed but destructive attempt to steal the vehicle, and fixed under insurance. However, the highbeams and lowbeams are now backwards (highbeams on, when low beams should be on), any easy way to remedy this without pulling off the wheel (airbags i don't want to fuck with, m'kay)?

Depending on how your steering column cover comes off, it may be as simple as swithing some wires or reversing the switch. Most likely, the whole wheel should come off for a better look and easier access.

Also, who did the work, shouldn't there be some sort of quality guarantee or something?

Jeff

Crymson
09-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by wrxer1

Depending on how your steering column cover comes off, it may be as simple as swithing some wires or reversing the switch. Most likely, the whole wheel should come off for a better look and easier access.

Also, who did the work, shouldn't there be some sort of quality guarantee or something?

Jeff

Colum cover comes off with 2 screws and a clip, but the control unit the switc is in looks a little complicted.

As for the work, there should have been accountability, but it's a long story -- previous owner didn't notice the problem or didn't put 2 and 2 together till about 6 months after it had been replaced.

wrxer1
10-11-2006, 01:41 PM
^Have you tried any wiring work on it yet? Does it look like a hack job with any of the wires behind the cover?

RickDaTuner
10-11-2006, 02:56 PM
can you give me the wire diagram for a 05 Suby STI speed sensor,

I have a Pioneer AVG-VDP1 in my car, everything is working fine and dandy but the speed reading, I connected the speed senor wire to the ECU counter part, but the STI uses logarhythms to communicate its speed to the ECU, I'm looking for the Speed senor wire that reads directly off the tranny in which a (+)pulse is used to determine speed, because thats what the AVG-VDP1 understands

thanks

11-06-2007, 09:53 PM
from previous experiance most subys can get VSS at the cruise module in DKP.